LG Oled55B7V

Wilso70

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anybody have any experience of picture issues with Oled55b7v, specifically with what looks like waves of colour fading round objects where screen is largely one colour.

Problem has persisted despite pixel refresh.
Very noticeable on Things like Disney + loading screen.

Under warranty still and sent video/photos to retailer who claim nothing wrong with picture.

I've attached a picture and video as not sure how best to describe it

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200321_182045.jpg
    20200321_182045.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 58
That looks like banding...or something called vingereting...what the normal picture like? On the app on your tv get the Dolby app and play the "Escape" short...that's a great test for colour and resolution.

Thanks DTS. Sorry, when you say normal picture what do you mean.

The Escape short on Dolby is fine, sequences in dark cave (blacks are normally an issue with the banding emanating out from objects) are solid.

I get the problem across all inputs, Netflix & Disney +, Sky not connected to an aerial so cannot check freeview. The retailer RS thinks it is Skys broadcast signal.

I wasn't sure whether it was banding as it is not straight lines, more like a blooming effect or waves . It's particulary bad when you get a screen with same colour across it then an object is introduced, the colour then graduates in waves out from the object , usually starting light then darkening.

Wasn't sure if it was my picture settings but RS said they are ok.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom