LG OLED55B7V panel failure

martinald

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, had the B7 since black friday. This weekend I turned it on to find a blue line (which has now turned green) approx 50mm from the right edge of the screen. It is one pixel wide the entire way down.

I bought from currys. I've filled in an LG ticket but haven't heard back yet.

Does anyone know the best way to get this fixed? I assume it is a panel failure as it is on everything (and even perists a minute or two after I turn the TV off).

Is it worth going to Currys or LG first? I have a 5 yr warranty from currys. I found it really difficult to disassemble and reassemble by myself.

Your reseller should always be the first port of call on a relatively new purchase such as yours.

Curry's do not have the best customer service so good luck dealing with them.

Sounds familiar op.

DSC_0277.JPG

Holy s...t!
How long till You got that line?
Sounds familiar op.
Hi, had the B7 since black friday. This weekend I turned it on to find a blue line (which has now turned green) approx 50mm from the right edge of the screen. It is one pixel wide the entire way down.

I bought from currys. I've filled in an LG ticket but haven't heard back yet.

Does anyone know the best way to get this fixed? I assume it is a panel failure as it is on everything (and even perists a minute or two after I turn the TV off).

Is it worth going to Currys or LG first? I have a 5 yr warranty from currys. I found it really difficult to disassemble and reassemble by myself.

Holy s...t!
How long till You got that line?

About 4 weeks. Less than 20 hours on set.

Appeared the day after warching an Hdr film.

I suspect the panels are being driven too hard brightness wise.

This is the 2nd oled I've had it happen to.

Yes looks very similar to mine. I didn't assemble the actual TV just putting it on the stand was a pain for one person I thought!

Currys have picked it up and it needs the whole OLED panel replaced. Which is out of stock, of course, and they have no idea when they'll be getting more. They won't give me a replacement.

Absolutely shite service, this TV was the first thing I've bought from them in probably a decade because I used to hate them back in the day but had the best price on this with a 5 yr 'warranty'.

That is completely unacceptable - you need to firmly insist on a replacement unit.

I've tried multiple times but they are in their legal right to not replace in the first 28 days of the repair process.

Apparently theyve fixed the OLED panel now but somehow cracked the stand. Which is now also on backorder.

How long have you been waiting in total though? The repair must not 'take an unreasonably long amount of time'.

How old was the panel when it failed?

Baseless assertion? Their reputation used to be bad but not sure that’s true any more.
Yes Curry's seam to have turned there selves around from past.
I have had no bad experiences with them nowadays. I have purchased 2 TV's from them and with 1 of them I had over 8 exchanges until I was happy regarding panel lottery.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom