LG OLED55B7V Best TV Picture Settings

Hi Steve,
just wondering if you have had to re-evaluate any of these settings after the various firmware updates since release? Most interesting would be the HDR Game mode settings.

Disclaimer: The settings below are supplied for information purposes only. We make no guarantee that using the adjustments below will improve your TV's picture, they may even make it look worse. Every TV, even from the same manufacturer and model number will vary, as will the environment the TV is used in. For further information on how to set up your TV, please follow the steps in our Picture Perfect campaign.

To find a professional calibrator near you, see our Custom Installer and Calibrator Directory.

You can read the review here: LG OLED55B7V

Setting|Night|Day|Game|HDR Movie|HDR Game|Dolby Vision
Picture Mode|ISF Dark Room|ISF Bright Room|Game|Cinema|Game|Cinema
OLED Light|30|50|50|100|100|50
Contrast|80|80|80|100|100|100
Brightness|50|50|50|50|50|50
H Sharpness|10|10|10|10|10|10
V Sharpness|10|10|10|10|10|10
Colour|50|50|50|55|55|50
Tint|0|0|0|0|0|0
Expert Controls ||||||
Dynamic Contrast|Off|Off|Off|Off|Off|Off
Super Resolution|Off|Off|Off|Off|Off|Off
Colour Gamut|Auto|Auto|Wide|Auto|Wide|Wide
Edge Enhancer|Off|Off|N/A|Off|N/A|Off
Colour Filter|Off|Off|N/A|Off|N/A|Off
Gamma|2.4|2.2|Medium|N/A|N/A|N/A
White Balance ||||||
Colour Temperature|Warm2|Warm2|W50|Warm2|W50|Warm2
Red High|11|7|0|0|0|0
Green High|0|0|0|0|0|0
Blue High|2|4|0|0|0|0
Red Low|0|0|0|0|0|0
Green Low|0|0|0|0|0|0
Blue Low|0|0|0|0|0|0
Colour Management System|Off|Off|N/A|Off|N/A|Off
Picture Options ||||||
Noise Reduction|Off|Off|Off|Off|Off|Off
MPEG Noise Reduction|Off|Off|Off|Off|Off|Off
Black Level|Low|Low|Low|Low|Low|N/A
Real Cinema|On|On|Off|On|Off|N/A
Motion Eye Care|Off|Off|Off|Off|Off|Off
TruMotion|Off|Off|Off|Off|Off|Off
Aspect Ratio Settings ||||||
Aspect Ratio|16:9|16:9|16:9|16:9|16:9|16:9
Just Scan|On|On|On|On|On|On

Hi Steve,
Have you guys found anything to add or change with these settings? I just got this C7 and since this (awesome) breakdown is a few months old, I was wondering if anyone has uncovered anything I should be aware of. Also, why is Black Level Low your recommendation for Game Mode, when most likely the console itself would be set to RGB Full? Wouldn’t you want to match the Full to High?

Last edited:
Hi @Steve Withers, You kindly cleared up the fact that the picture settings for this set are stored per input. My question is what about the apps does the TV hold your picture settings for netflix and then able to switch to another set of settings for say Amazon or does it just hold one setting for all the apps and then require you to witch manually.

...then again my query could be moot if the TV switches based on the signal fed to it i.e. regardless of app if the screen is fed HD by the app it will select the picture mode you have elected for that content and when it detects HDR or DV in either netflix or Amazon the TV will switch to those settings. IS that how it works?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Steve Withers, You kindly cleared up the fact that the picture settings for this set are stored per input. My question is what about the apps does the TV hold your picture settings for netflix and then able to switch to another set of settings for say Amazon or does it just hold one setting for all the apps and then require you to witch manually.

...then again my query could be moot if the TV switches based on the signal fed to it i.e. regardless of app if the screen is fed HD by the app it will select the picture mode you have elected for that content and when it detects HDR or DV in either netflix or Amazon the TV will switch to those settings. IS that how it works?

Thanks in advance.
It's the same setting for all Apps but obviously you can still use Day, Night, HDR, Dolby Vision settings with those apps, depending on the content.

Hi Steve,
just wondering if you have had to re-evaluate any of these settings after the various firmware updates since release? Most interesting would be the HDR Game mode settings.

Great work @Steve Withers. But I was wondering the same thing, especially in light of the updated/ darkened HDR game mode after FW update. This is in anticipation of the upcoming Xbox one x...

Cheers

Hi @Steve Withers I was using the settings from ratings.com and have just switched to yours and they are just absolutely amazing. Blow the rtings settings out of the water! Thank you for posting :)

Please could you post the recommended settings for the new Technicolour picture mode? Cheers :)

Please could you post the recommended settings for the new Technicolour picture mode? Cheers :)
I can't help you there I'm afraid, outside of a couple of demos at shows I've never actually seen Technicolor HDR in action and don't have access to any content, in fact, as far as I'm aware, there isn't any because no one currently uses it.

I can't help you there I'm afraid, outside of a couple of demos at shows I've never actually seen Technicolor HDR in action and don't have access to any content, in fact, as far as I'm aware, there isn't any because no one currently uses it.
We have the technicolor picture modes now after a firmware update but they really don't look any different to isf dark imo.

Is this an EU/UK OTA update or manual update? I'm currently on 03.60.09 on a B7V

Is this an EU/UK OTA update or manual update? I'm currently on 03.60.09 on a B7V
It’s OTA, 04.70.06, they must being doing them in batches.

image.jpg image.jpg

Technicolour Mode (calibrated 150nits):

OLED 40
Contrast 85
Brightness 51
Colour 53
Gamma BT.1886
Black Level AUTO
TruMotion OFF
Real Cinema OFF

Works perfect for me (day and night) - OLED 100 would burn my eyes o_O

I have quite a dark room and at night use Bias Lighting with all other lights off.

When i got this TV, I thought OLED Light at 39 for ISF Dark Room and OLED Light at 65 for ISF Bright Room were bright enough. I have been away for 12 days, came back and now suddenly it is sooo dark.

My OLED LIGHT is now set to 90 to 100 as otherwise it is too dark.

I checked all my settings, unplugged for 75minutes and ran a Pixel Refresh, but still too dimm.

Concerned the TV might be faulty.

I have never had the settings so low I keep my OLED light at 60, I haven't tried setting it at 39 for example in the dark but I can imagine that is quite low.

I find 40 and 60 okay too, but I'm still on the firmware 3.xx as I'm scared to let it update now :)

With the 6 series OLED „39/40“ might be too low, but the 7 series is definitely brighter... It also depends what you‘re used to - former LCD/LED users will find it too dim, but come from a plasma and it‘ll be fine...

Jeez on the E7 i have my Oled light at 25 for night time dark room viewing.

On my previous E6 40 was fine but this set is naturally a lot brighter.

30 seems fine to me for ISF dark (previously had an LG Plasma)

Bought my B7 a few days ago, still playing around with the settings, but seem to always revert back to the defaults.

I bought an OLED for the picture quality, though it appears quite alot of you have the OLED light way down below its default value rendering the picture too dim. Is that born out of fear or getting burn in?

These settings on Game mode (non HDR) unfortunately look absolutely awful on Skyrim when it's night time or you're going into a shadowy area.

I had the 55EG9109 (is it 930V in the UK?) for two years before changing to the 65E7 and ran it with OLED 80 / Contrast 90 - never had issues with burn-in (some image retention, but disappeared within seconds)...

As the 7 series is much brighter than the older ones, I went down to OLED 40 / Contrast 85, which is more than bright enough...so even less risk of burn-in, which I don‘t expect anyway....

I had the 55EG9109 (is it 930V in the UK?) for two years before changing to the 65E7 and ran it with OLED 80 / Contrast 90 - never had issues with burn-in (some image retention, but disappeared within seconds)...

As the 7 series is much brighter than the older ones, I went down to OLED 40 / Contrast 85, which is more than bright enough...so even less risk of burn-in, which I don‘t expect anyway....
What about HDR content?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom