Question (LG OLED55B7V) Amazon Prime Video - HDR Black Level Issue

kkasi

Novice Member
#1.jpg#2.jpg#3.jpg#4.jpg
Been having major problems with watching 4K HDR shows on Amazon Prime. I'm using the Amazon app in my TV to watch shows.

Should the black levels (if that is the right term) look like this? What could the issue be? Is there any way to fix it? This is basically how any shadow looks, and I really can't help but notice it while I'm watching...

IIRC Dolby Vision does not have the same issues, but HDR is the only option on Amazon Prime Video.

Sorry if this has been asked a million times already.

Technicolor Expert Settings:
OLED Light: 100
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 10
Color: 55
Tint: 0

Dynamic Contrast: Low
Dynamic Color: Off
Super Resolution: Off
Color Gamut: Auto
Edge Enhancer: On

Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level: Auto (Not adjustable)
Real Cinema: On
Motion Eye Care: Off
TruMotion: Off

Please, let me know if you need any more information!

Last edited:

gmoore23

Not sure what you mean by your settings
Colour Temperature - 0 - Shouldn't this be warm1/2/3/cool etc
HDR Effect?? I don't see this option on my B7, If your viewing HDR content you shouldn't have to use HDR effect.

kkasi

Novice Member
Not sure what you mean by your settings
Colour Temperature - 0 - Shouldn't this be warm1/2/3/cool etc
HDR Effect?? I don't see this option on my B7, If your viewing HDR content you shouldn't have to use HDR effect.
Hi, thank you for the reply! I shouldn't have added color temperature, it's not even in my settings, so just ignore it. When I'm viewing HDR content there is no option for HDR effect, but I added it since you can adjust it while not watching HDR content when you go to Quick Settings > Picture Mode - but you're right, this has nothing to do with viewing actual HDR content.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom