LG OLED55B6V bargain

varez

Established Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a LG OLED55B6V for £715 on amazon - advertised as "used - like new". There are 2 left at this price if anyone else is interested.
Seller responded confirming it comes with a 3 year warranty and that it is not an ex-demo model.
I realize this might be risky - you would be able to get way more than this amount on ebay.
But it comes under the protection of Amazon so no big headache if it doesn't live up to the description.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Just ordered a LG OLED55B6V for £715 on amazon - advertised as "used - like new". There are 2 left at this price if anyone else is interested.
Seller responded confirming it comes with a 3 year warranty and that it is not an ex-demo model.
I realize this might be risky - you would be able to get way more than this amount on ebay.
But it comes under the protection of Amazon so no big headache if it doesn't live up to the description.

You'd be stupid to buy it. He has 3 seller ratings and is on 67%

He has a 65B6 inch for £50 more and a 65E6 under £900 youve got no chance.

You'd be stupid to buy it. He has 3 seller ratings and is on 67%

He has a 65B6 inch for £50 more and a 65E6 under £900 youve got no chance.

The 65B6 is not "like new" - perhaps a demo model.
Anyway - decided to give it a shot. If it doesn't work out amazon's got my back.
I will report back after the delivery on July 29th

You need to be careful mate, 3rd party sellers on amazon are fine when they are fulfilled by amazon themselves but if not you dont have half the protection.

Seems pretty good to me:
Amazon.co.uk Help: A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee Protection
You are protected if the item is "materially different"

Items are considered "materially different" in these circumstances:

• Wrong version or edition
    • Item condition or details not as described
    • Wrong item
    • Missing parts or components
    • Defective item
    • Damaged item

Seems pretty good to me:
Amazon.co.uk Help: A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee Protection
You are protected if the item is "materially different"

Items are considered "materially different" in these circumstances:

• Wrong version or edition
    • Item condition or details not as described
    • Wrong item
    • Missing parts or components
    • Defective item
    • Damaged item
I would speak to Amazon on the phone about it if it were me, but good luck!

From memory I think I remember them saying if nothing arrives you should be fine and they will refund you, but if it arrives and is faulty then it could be an absolute nightmare as you habe to deal directly with a seller who may not be interested in helping.

No barge pole is long enough: Amazon are providing the market place but none of the product, service or warranty.

The 65B6 is not "like new" - perhaps a demo model.
Anyway - decided to give it a shot. If it doesn't work out amazon's got my back.
I will report back after the delivery on July 29th

Good luck mate, its your cash. I would be very tempted if it was fulfilled by amazon and i thought it was genuine.

Just spoke to Amazon who guaranteed they are on buyers side in case of the product not matching the description.
Can't see how the seller can expect getting away with a non-delivery or faulty product

Can't see how the seller can expect getting away with a non-delivery or faulty product
If you receive a 'lemon' and the seller disputes this with you what are Amazon going to do for you? If they care to they can stop the seller from continuing to use their account, but that won't get you your money back. In any case who is providing the warranty?

If you receive a 'lemon' and the seller disputes this with you what are Amazon going to do for you? If they care to they can stop the seller from continuing to use their account, but that won't get you your money back. In any case who is providing the warranty?

The Amazon A-to-z Guarantee is my safety net. Doubt they are going to find a way to take a dodgy sellers side against a good prime customer.
The warranty is the big question mark. I would think there is a manufacturer warranty (seller says it's 3 years).
Let this be an experiment. I have no doubts I'm going to get my money back. If the seller/Amazon wants a fight, I'm ready:)

Last edited:
Seems like a whole lot of pain for not a lot of gain to me ... the 3yr warranty should be the ultimate tell-tale as it isn't a figure recognised in the UK as you say.

Fair chance the "seller" isn't even in the UK but it sounds like an adventure you are seeking so fire away.:eek:

The warranty is the big question mark. I would think there is a manufacturer warranty (seller says it's 3 years).
Surely any manufacturer warranty would apply to the original purchaser...

Was wondering the same. I did flag him up to amazon after he told me the extended warranty was purchased through TV Protect. A company to which you pay monthly or annually and can cancel any time. He claims to have paid them upfront for 2 years, lol

Was wondering the same. I did flag him up to amazon after he told me the extended warranty was purchased through TV Protect. A company to which you pay monthly or annually and can cancel any time. He claims to have paid them upfront for 2 years, lol
So what's the latest? Have you asked for a refund or is the purchase still proceeding?

Surely any manufacturer warranty would apply to the original purchaser...
Only if you are the legal owner. If the TV was on a stolen list or the TV was hired(HP) to the person you purchase tv from then you would not own it.

Once you find out the seller would be long gone

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom