LG OLED55A16LA - Freeview Play recordings flickering

Catteni

Novice Member
Hello,

The bottom quarter of the screen flickers when playing back Freeview Recordings.
I've tried it with a hard drive and various sizes of memory stick, which where formatted by the tv, but still get the same problem whichever is used.
The hard drive was used on a previous LG tv without any problems.

Thanks,

Mark

I've determined that its only when recording HD transmissions (HE-ACC format) that this occurs, SD (MPEG) replays without any issues as do 4K recordings from my mobile.

Last edited:

Phildick

It seems that a few of us are having this problem. I've logged it with LG. I suggest you do the same. See:

log issue:

Phildick

I had a few exchanges with their first line people then it was sent to technical support. Nothing back since. I've just chased it up.

chancooluk

Standard Member
I had a few exchanges with their first line people then it was sent to technical support. Nothing back since. I've just chased it up.

Cool, i've sent through a support query too. Testing recordings of HD channels over Freesat is working for me, but I'd prefer not to have to switch between it and Freeview all the time.

Catteni

Novice Member
Mine does the same but it's only with HD recordings.
I got the following reply to my query :-

I have taken a look into this for you and would like to urn through some troubleshooting for this;
When not using the USB device and watching live TV, apps and using other external devices connected via HDMI, are these all fine or also have the issue.
When this flickering occurs, bring up a TV menu, is it flickering over this? Please then bring up the picture test in settings> all settings > support > screen self-diagnosis. Does it flicker on this?
If you remove all connected devices, does this happen on live TV and apps?
If you use these sticks with another device, does this issue occur?
Please ensure you are using a USB HDD between 40GB to 2TB formatted to NTFS or FAT32 or a USB stick formatted to NTFS or FAT32 and up to 32GB.

Let us know the above and we can look further into this for you!

I answered this on the 10th October and haven't received anything back since.
It's still doing it after at least 2 software updates.

Phildick

Yes it's only hd recordings

Lg have offered to have my set in for inspection/repair. I'm not going to bother as we wil be without a TV for x number of days and it will most likely be a software fault anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom