LG OLED55A16LA @£749 - Is this my best bet?

blasted

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've been reading the very helpful guides provided by @Dodgexander and sadly cant stretch to the budgets required for some of the TV's recommended.

So, in short is there any better choice for a TV than the LG OLED55A16LA for £749 at Richer Sounds? Thats really my top end budget wise, maybe £800.

Its for an extended Kitchen dining room, viewing will be mainly freesat, netflix, disney and 4k films via plex. Its quite a light room at points of the day but gets darker later on. I already have a 55 OLED Lg in the front room, slightly older model possibly a (B series). Thats more of the movie room.

Am I getting overly hung up on specs?

Thank you.

Just to add, i did the comparriosn between the A, B & C models on the website and the only real difference I could see was the B & C model had a panel frequency of 40-120 Hz as opposed to 50 Hz for the A model.

HDR is the difference now, it will be dark and possibly unwatchable on a cheaper set. Especially in brighter conditions. The B series ads to the A series with about 500 nits peak rather than only 300 whereas the C series has almost 800.

For SDR, a TV like the LG A1 is very good. Alternatives would be the Sony X90J or Samsung Q80A in the guide. They should all be priced similarly, although pricing with TVs does go up and down often.

Hi, I've been reading the very helpful guides provided by @Dodgexander and sadly cant stretch to the budgets required for some of the TV's recommended.

So, in short is there any better choice for a TV than the LG OLED55A16LA for £749 at Richer Sounds? Thats really my top end budget wise, maybe £800.

Its for an extended Kitchen dining room, viewing will be mainly freesat, netflix, disney and 4k films via plex. Its quite a light room at points of the day but gets darker later on. I already have a 55 OLED Lg in the front room, slightly older model possibly a (B series). Thats more of the movie room.

Am I getting overly hung up on specs?

Thank you.
Can you stretch to £900, as you can now get the LG C1 at Richer Sounds for £899 (£889 if you've never purchased via VIP before) - its a great price.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom