• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG OLED48CX - Height above VESA mount

jamesmflint

Standard Member
Hi. Can anyone who owns a LG Oled48cx tell me the measurement from the top vesa hole to the top of the tv? looking to replace a current 43 Sony want to ensure it will fit on current vesa bracket as there is a shelf above the bracket. Pictures on the web make it seem like the vesa holes aren’t in the centre of the tv.
thanks.

mikej

Prominent Member
The rear panel on an OLED normally takes up roughly the bottom 1/2 to 2/3 of the screen (depending on screen size), so the OLED will almost certainly end up higher than an LCD with holes in a more central position.

Some types of brackets allow for a bit of adjustment though. I was able to mount my OLED lower on the bracket struts so that it ended up around the same height as the plasma it replaced, which had more centrally-located holes. The ability to do this will vary from bracket to bracket though and it may not be possible at all on some.

I would ask in the CX owners thread, in the LG TVs forum.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom