LG OLED48C14LB or Sony Bravia KE48A9 (2020)

Nerval

Hello, I'm looking for a new TV for the bedroom and 48 inch seems the right size.
I have a 55 inch OLED Panasonic in the lounge and want a similar quality picture so assume it would be OLED.
I'm not a gamer, just a regular TV watcher, Freesat mainly or iPlayer.

I have always bought Sony or Panasonic TVs assuming the other makes are not as good - no idea why I think that. And I always buy from John Lewis for the service and 5 year guarantee.

So I had decided on the Sony Bravia KE48A9 as suitable (there are not many 48 inch OLEDs), then read that LG provide all the OLED panels anyway, so wondered if an LG TV might do the job as well. John Lewis do the LG OLED48C14LB which would be the one I'd get.

Could someone who knows about TVs let me know please what you think?
Is LG as good as Sony?

Last edited:

Dodgexander

All the OLEDs are remarkably similar. Differences are only in features/aesthetics/picture processing.

Sony are a good choice for those who value good motion processing in video content. LG are better for people who want better smart TV, or are intending to game.

If you're a regular TV watcher both TVs will be very good, can't really go wrong with either. I think the general experience of using the TV will be better on the LG, but you may prefer to have better motion on the Sony.

Nerval

Thanks, that's all the confirmation I need. Either will do for me then.
I see the LG is £100 cheaper and has interest free credit on JL, so I'll order that one :)

AndrePelag

Novice Member
Hi, is it correct that I cannot record two programs at the same time with the sony but only record one and watch another program at the same time ?

Dodgexander

Hi, is it correct that I cannot record two programs at the same time with the sony but only record one and watch another program at the same time ?
You can record 1 channel whilst watching another, or you can record 2 different channels if the TV is in standby.

There may be some differences if the channels are on the same multiplex, most PVRs can record two streams with a single tuner if the multiplex is the same, if that's the case you may be able to record 2 channels whilst watching 1.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom