Question LG OLED Screen Cleaning

kenexcelon

Novice Member
Hi everyone,

I recently installed a new A/V receiver, and I did get some fingerprints accidentally in the upper right corner of the screen when I had to move it. I was going to clean it as the screen had some dust on it anyway. Mostly due to not being able to use it for a while or get to it while stuff was stored for house renovations. No work was done in this room so no extra dust from that existed. But when I looked closer, I noticed some other artifacts on the screen and so I will have to do more than dust it off. I think the lighting hit it perfectly and I was at the right angle to see it. I'm not sure what it is, but it appears like it's some transfer from the foam/plastic material that the TV was wrapped in inside the box. I have attached a picture of what I noticed under the light conditions at this time. You can see streaks that go across horizontal as well as similar colored spots all over the screen. I have never touched this screen with a wet cleaner. Only performed the occasional dusting with a clean microfiber towel. I am always careful to never use a dirty towel. My question is, what liquid cleaner would you all recommend on this as well as what towel so as not to leave a bunch of lint? I have seen microfiber towels leave lint like crazy sometimes. I just don't want to pick a cleaner that is too harsh to leave the coating intact. I'm in the middle of cleaning all the mess up and moving items back so you might see part of the mess in the screen reflection, so apologies in advance. I purchased it during the Black Friday sales in 2017, but I wish I had noticed this sooner, but I did not.

Attachments

• OLEDTVScreen.jpg
    OLEDTVScreen.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 300

PlasmaVirgin

Have you tried those alcohol impregnated screen clean wipes for PC monitors, etc? I bought some to try on my OLED and they cleared some stubborn marks which were annoying me. Had to go over it a few times gently and then polished off with a microfibre cloth - mine looks good as new again :smashin:

deon444

Distinguished Member
Never used it, but seem to remember lots of people with OLED screens recommending Ecomoist.

Ecomoist
I have bought that ages ago, but have never bothered to use it. Have used the microfibre cloths that weeman did link. They are very soft cloths which I have used regularly for my Oleds

JuliusCaeser

Hi everyone,

I recently installed a new A/V receiver, and I did get some fingerprints accidentally in the upper right corner of the screen when I had to move it. I was going to clean it as the screen had some dust on it anyway. Mostly due to not being able to use it for a while or get to it while stuff was stored for house renovations. No work was done in this room so no extra dust from that existed. But when I looked closer, I noticed some other artifacts on the screen and so I will have to do more than dust it off. I think the lighting hit it perfectly and I was at the right angle to see it. I'm not sure what it is, but it appears like it's some transfer from the foam/plastic material that the TV was wrapped in inside the box. I have attached a picture of what I noticed under the light conditions at this time. You can see streaks that go across horizontal as well as similar colored spots all over the screen. I have never touched this screen with a wet cleaner. Only performed the occasional dusting with a clean microfiber towel. I am always careful to never use a dirty towel. My question is, what liquid cleaner would you all recommend on this as well as what towel so as not to leave a bunch of lint? I have seen microfiber towels leave lint like crazy sometimes. I just don't want to pick a cleaner that is too harsh to leave the coating intact. I'm in the middle of cleaning all the mess up and moving items back so you might see part of the mess in the screen reflection, so apologies in advance. I purchased it during the Black Friday sales in 2017, but I wish I had noticed this sooner, but I did not.
Have you ever found out what the marks were? I have the same thing on my c8 and it bothers me!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom