LG oled picture issue

andrewarren

Novice Member
Reaction score
I’m new on here so not sure if I’m on the right page. But here goes.
I just purchased the LG oled 55 cx tv and the picture on sky cinema HD is terrible. I’ve got the new sky Q 2T box. When I watch Sky uhd content is seems fine ( Netflix and prime is fine) but when watching any content with dark scenes like game of thrones or Harry Potter, where it should be black it’s like a red and blue pixelation which is unwatchable. It’s the same on normal channels like bbc Hd or sky on. When watching anything say like the news it’s fine but as soon as there is a dark scene there is this annoying pixel problem. I’ve a band new cable running from tv to sky box. All the connections seem fine the sky signal strength is 70 signal quality is 90.I’ve changed the settings on sky from uhd back to 1080p but it makes no difference. I’ve played around with the picture setting on the tv but to no avail and it appears on all picture mode settings like vivid, sports etc. Has any one had this problem ? Is there something that I’m missing ? I’ve spoken to my tv retailer and he has assured me that this should not happen and has ruled out the tv as it only happens on sky. I have booked a sky engineer for next week but I just don’t want him to get here and he’s say it’s something stupid. I’m just hoping someone on here has had the problem and knows what it is . Thank you

I’m new on here so not sure if I’m on the right page. But here goes.
I just purchased the LG oled 55 cx tv and the picture on sky cinema HD is terrible. I’ve got the new sky Q 2T box. When I watch Sky uhd content is seems fine ( Netflix and prime is fine) but when watching any content with dark scenes like game of thrones or Harry Potter, where it should be black it’s like a red and blue pixelation which is unwatchable. It’s the same on normal channels like bbc Hd or sky on. When watching anything say like the news it’s fine but as soon as there is a dark scene there is this annoying pixel problem. I’ve a band new cable running from tv to sky box. All the connections seem fine the sky signal strength is 70 signal quality is 90.I’ve changed the settings on sky from uhd back to 1080p but it makes no difference. I’ve played around with the picture setting on the tv but to no avail and it appears on all picture mode settings like vivid, sports etc. Has any one had this problem ? Is there something that I’m missing ? I’ve spoken to my tv retailer and he has assured me that this should not happen and has ruled out the tv as it only happens on sky. I have booked a sky engineer for next week but I just don’t want him to get here and he’s say it’s something stupid. I’m just hoping someone on here has had the problem and knows what it is . Thank you
How many hours has the set run?

The tv is on for most of the day and evening and I’ve had the tv for about a month

Yes, on standby, I just press the red button on the remote or sometime ask Alexa to turn it off

Mainly on standard mode but I’m currently on oled 80 contrast 95 brightness 50 sharpness 25 colour 55 tint 0 colour temp c20 dynamic contrast low dynamic colour low colour gamut wide super resolution low gamma high1 peak brightness off, noise reduction low mpeg low smooth graduation low motion eye care off trumotion natural
I have played around with these setting but it doesn’t make any difference with the pixel issues. I’m currently watching something on Netflix with no issues 🤔

Mainly on standard mode but I’m currently on oled 80 contrast 95 brightness 50 sharpness 25 colour 55 tint 0 colour temp c20 dynamic contrast low dynamic colour low colour gamut wide super resolution low gamma high1 peak brightness off, noise reduction low mpeg low smooth graduation low motion eye care off trumotion natural
I have played around with these setting but it doesn’t make any difference with the pixel issues. I’m currently watching something on Netflix with no issues 🤔
Put it into one of the ISF settings and try it they are the most accurate out of the box , the settings your running won't help one bit

What is ISF settings and where would I find them . And what picture settings would you recommend? I know everyone likes different things but I would like to get the best picture quality for the tv

These modes seem to diminish the picture quality altogether it’s like the picture goes from hd to sd . Although I do have it set to all settings I’ve just mentioned. What setting would you suggest?

These modes seem to diminish the picture quality altogether it’s like the picture goes from hd to sd . Although I do have it set to all settings I’ve just mentioned. What setting would you suggest?
They are the most accurate settings out of the box ,I don’t have an CX so cannot check but make sure that any eco settings are off in these isf modes ,also doesn’t your set have the film maker mode ? How does it look using that ? The settings your currently using will look unnaturally bright etc

I’m not impressed with the filmmaker mode it’s just to dark for me. But as I’ve said when watching Netflix or prime or anything normal with my skyQ box the picture is fine but if I watch anything with dark content on sky especially sky cinema the blacks turn into a blue or red pixelated picture. I’m leaning towards the sky box rather than the tv but was hoping that someone had had the same problem and knew what the issue is. But saying that, I never had the issues with my old Samsung tv using the same sky box 🤔

I’m not impressed with the filmmaker mode it’s just to dark for me. But as I’ve said when watching Netflix or prime or anything normal with my skyQ box the picture is fine but if I watch anything with dark content on sky especially sky cinema the blacks turn into a blue or red pixelated picture. I’m leaning towards the sky box rather than the tv but was hoping that someone had had the same problem and knew what the issue is. But saying that, I never had the issues with my old Samsung tv using the same sky box 🤔
Like I’ve already said your picture setting will not be helping you especially with poor bit rate content ,try the Filmmaker or Isf settings with the content you see the issue with and see if it’s any better .
if you want an accurate picture they are the picture modes to start with

I have set it to ISF mode bright and dark and if anything it enhances how bad the picture is lol .

I have set it to ISF mode bright and dark and if anything it enhances how bad the picture is lol .
Post up a pic of the issues you are having. ISF is definitely the best setting to be on, make sure you have any noise reduction gubbins switched off as well.

image.jpg

It’s hard to get a good photo as when u pause the pictures the red pixels diminish a bit. But where to the right it should be black it has a red pixelated screen and it happens on every dark scene on sky when watching hd. I don’t have this problem on Netflix. I have turned off all noise reduction sections as requested . Sometimes the characters hair is blue lol

Strictly come dancing looks great but On I’m a celebrity the castles background and decs jacket pixelises red 🤔

View attachment 1412047
It’s hard to get a good photo as when u pause the pictures the red pixels diminish a bit. But where to the right it should be black it has a red pixelated screen and it happens on every dark scene on sky when watching hd. I don’t have this problem on Netflix. I have turned off all noise reduction sections as requested . Sometimes the characters hair is blue lol

Can't really tell much from that to be honest, can you get one without the flash on ?

Also do you have 10bit colour enabled on the Sky Q box?

I think I have 10bit on the sky box as there was an option for sky to find it and it found it for me
429D1639-7D0A-46F1-A871-0CE45A70DCED.jpeg
429D1639-7D0A-46F1-A871-0CE45A70DCED.jpeg
321BC92C-7EFF-43C2-A74B-E754673D68E7.jpeg
B408F410-4538-4EE9-84B1-F2B4369517F1.jpeg

Can you see the red ness and then the blue ness, it’s just in natural

It's sky's bitrate that's the issue, the oled just highlights how poor sky's encoding is, you can tell this as the image is fine on other sources, you're not the only one with this issue, have a look at the sky forums.
And try to get used to the isf picture modes as they are the most accurate and closest to you seeing what the director intended

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom