LG OLED panel repair

Well I got a text from TKH. Just says that they are working hard to get my item repaired and the will update me soon.

Let’s see what happens next week then.

Carl

Result today. E-gift arrived on email. Not quite what I paid for mine back in November 2016, but I’m not complaining as I should easily get a very good replacement equal or better. Only problem now is which 65 inch tv to buy?

Thanks for all the assistance on here. I thought I was doomed and out of pocket.
Any suggestions are welcome lol.
Carl

Just arranged collection of my 55" C7 bought late 2017, same issues as everyone else, green Simpsons etc. Do they take the screen as is, or should I pack in box which I kept? Stand, remote go back or should I keep? Mines on the wall so will take down ready, unless they do that?

I had no evidence of 5 year guarantee either, no problems in sorting return. I actually sorted through Team Knowhow on Twitter, very quick in responding. Fingers crossed it's repaired or replaced.

It appears most of the curved C models are having issues. Probably the reason they are no longer made.
I bubble wrapped mine and fitted the stand. They didn’t need the remote control. You will need to put the tv in a location near the door for them to just pick up. They will not remove it from the wall.
Cheers Carl

It appears most of the curved C models are having issues. Probably the reason they are no longer made.
I bubble wrapped mine and fitted the stand. They didn’t need the remote control. You will need to put the tv in a location near the door for them to just pick up. They will not remove it from the wall.
Cheers Carl
Cheers, will try and do same if I can find stand. Mine isn't curved by the way, think the C7 was a Currys exclusive with a black bezel rather than silver. Identical to B7 otherwise.

You’ll find people are now replacing panels with pixel wear under the 5 year warranty.Even LG are replacing some panels out of warranty but you have to pester them and say you’ll take them to the small claims court as all you’ve done is watched your tv.If they say no then you’ll get your money back if you go to court.Every case the judge has said the tv isn’t fit for purpose.I know it’s a hassle but it’s worth it.
Homeby in the USA on this forum just got LG to agree to fit a new panel to his 2year B7 with pixel wear.Just be polite and state your case.

This thread has been a great read, thank you to all that have posted. It's given me hope in my current predicament.

To start off with, I bought the TV from Richer Sounds (via credit card) back in May 2018. Which came with 6 years extended warranty.

Secondly, I took out extra Insurance with Domestic and General (who at the time of purchasing my TV, stated I would get cover for 'Image Retention' for the 5 year cover i took out with them - which turns out, this was not the case).

I recently made a claim with D&G (with the understanding I was covered for 'Image Retention/Banding, silly me), stating I had some "Banding in some of the Content". D&G then referred me to a third party company "Equinox". I sent pictures of the problem to "Equinox" who said they will put forward the claim to D&G (with the parts they needed to fix the issue), where D&G rejected the claim, because "Equinox" stated that the issue was in fact "Screen Burn". (I have logged a complaint with them and I'm awaiting a response - I am not holding my breath as i know i should have read the T&C's - but I also should not have been lied to).

Ive contacted LG directly and they've said, due to Covid19 and the English lockdown, they're not dealing with any TV's outside of their normal 12 months warranty until the English Lockdown is over.

I called 'Richer Sounds' next and they have asked for me to send them photo's of the issue (Which I have done ). Hopefully they can assist with a resolution or offer something similar to what Currys are currently offering. (What I read earlier in this thread).

If there's anyone that has dealt with RS or gone down the route of " Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act" - I would love to hear your story.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Notwithstanding "manufacturer warranty", your statutory legal rights are under the consumer rights act 2015 (updating the older sale of goods act)

This thread has been a great read, thank you to all that have posted. It's given me hope in my current predicament.

To start off with, I bought the TV from Richer Sounds (via credit card) back in May 2018. Which came with 6 years extended warranty.

Secondly, I took out extra Insurance with Domestic and General (who at the time of purchasing my TV, stated I would get cover for 'Image Retention' for the 5 year cover i took out with them - which turns out, this was not the case).

I recently made a claim with D&G (with the understanding I was covered for 'Image Retention/Banding, silly me), stating I had some "Banding in some of the Content". D&G then referred me to a third party company "Equinox". I sent pictures of the problem to "Equinox" who said they will put forward the claim to D&G (with the parts they needed to fix the issue), where D&G rejected the claim, because "Equinox" stated that the issue was in fact "Screen Burn". (I have logged a complaint with them and I'm awaiting a response - I am not holding my breath as i know i should have read the T&C's - but I also should not have been lied to).

Ive contacted LG directly and they've said, due to Covid19 and the English lockdown, they're not dealing with any TV's outside of their normal 12 months warranty until the English Lockdown is over.

I called 'Richer Sounds' next and they have asked for me to send them photo's of the issue (Which I have done ). Hopefully they can assist with a resolution or offer something similar to what Currys are currently offering. (What I read earlier in this thread).

If there's anyone that has dealt with RS or gone down the route of " Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act" - I would love to hear your story.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you push Richer Sounds they will help. Recently I noticed the Netflix logo burnt into the bottom corner of my LG E6 55" purchased in Jan 17. They didn't seem interested at first but after pushing I was offered the LG panel replacement scheme for which I would have to pay £200 and would lose the 3D functionality. I wasn't happy with this so contacted Richer Sounds privately on this forum. I was offered a trade in value for my E6 which I accepted and have just this week upgraded to a GX model. Very pleased with the outcome and the customer service once I was put in touch with the right person has been exceptional. Good luck.

If you push Richer Sounds they will help. Recently I noticed the Netflix logo burnt into the bottom corner of my LG E6 55" purchased in Jan 17. They didn't seem interested at first but after pushing I was offered the LG panel replacement scheme for which I would have to pay £200 and would lose the 3D functionality. I wasn't happy with this so contacted Richer Sounds privately on this forum. I was offered a trade in value for my E6 which I accepted and have just this week upgraded to a GX model. Very pleased with the outcome and the customer service once I was put in touch with the right person has been exceptional. Good luck.
Hi, thank you for this! It's really appreciated!
Out of interest, how did you contact them privately via this forum?
Thanks

Phoned Teamknowhow on the 9th Nov on the number further up this thread, 30 mins to get through. Guy couldn't have been nicer, ran through some initial questions and organised pick up on the 13th to take my C6 off for repair or replacement. Manufactured December 2016, purchased July 2017.

Burnt in logos bottom left and right and large mass in the middle of the screen.

Logo burn started maybe 1.5 years after purchase but they were faint at the start and could live with it but they have became really bad now along with the mass in the middle of the screen which is turning everything green in the centre of the screen.

Guy said it would be repaired or full credit to the amount I paid for the set back in 2017. Not sure they even have the curved 3D panels anymore to replace!

Phoned Teamknowhow on the 9th Nov on the number further up this thread, 30 mins to get through. Guy couldn't have been nicer, ran through some initial questions and organised pick up on the 13th to take my C6 off for repair or replacement. Manufactured December 2016, purchased July 2017.

Burnt in logos bottom left and right and large mass in the middle of the screen.

Logo burn started maybe 1.5 years after purchase but they were faint at the start and could live with it but they have became really bad now along with the mass in the middle of the screen which is turning everything green in the centre of the screen.

Guy said it would be repaired or full credit to the amount I paid for the set back in 2017. Not sure they even have the curved 3D panels anymore to replace!
Nobody makes the curved or 3D panels anymore, so as long as they determine it unrepairable you will be given an eGift card vis email.

I didn't get the full amount I paid for my tv back in November 2016 but it was plenty enough for me to get a replacement.

Carl

richer sounds have told me LG are doing screen replacements for £200 for 55 inch and £250 for 65 inch i contacted LG who confirmed it not taking any bookings for it till lock down lifted.has anyone here had that done ?.

richer sounds have told me LG are doing screen replacements for £200 for 55 inch and £250 for 65 inch i contacted LG who confirmed it not taking any bookings for it till lock down lifted.has anyone here had that done ?.

I was offered this direct from LG before I went through Currys, £200 to replace my panel and they were all ready to book me in, that was about 2 weeks ago.......

Did you go ahead and get it done how easy is it to arrange?,

Replacement tv?

Replacement tv?
TV was picked up last Friday and is still with them at the moment, waiting on updates regarding repair. They did say if they cant repair it they would be giving a me a credit note to the value I originally bought the TV for.

I’m waiting on richer sounds atm

TV was picked up last Friday and is still with them at the moment, waiting on updates regarding repair. They did say if they cant repair it they would be giving a me a credit note to the value I originally bought the TV for.

I had a C6 issue about 6 weeks ago, they will offer you a 2D panel (Currys). Refuse it on the basis you bought it for 3D and it would be an inferior TV. You'll then get the value of the TV on a gift card. I got £1599 back for mine (full price I paid) as they valued it against a CX which was £1599 at the time.

Last edited:
Who did you buy the tv from

Hi,

I've just been on the phone with RS and awaiting a call back.
You are correct, LG are currently not touching any products outside their 12 months warranty until lock-down is over and it may even be next year, according to the rep i spoke to last week.
I said to RS, I cannot wait for LG to facilitate this, as the product i paid £1355 for 2.5 years ago, is "not fit for purpose" and I would appreciate a resolution from them, as that is where our contracts lie, between RS and I. Not LG.

Awaiting a call back from RS regarding the outcome. Will let you know what they come back with.

Last edited:
I had an issue a couple of months ago with a stuck pixel on my 18 month old C8.

They just wanted some pictures of the issue, they referred me to a local repair company who they authorised to do the job, said company came to my home and replaced the panel there. Took about 30-40 minutes, so I doubt you’ll have any issues with Richer Sounds.

I had a C6 issue about 6 weeks ago, they will offer you a 2D panel (Currys). Refuse it on the basis you bought it for 3D and it would be an inferior TV. You'll then get the value of the TV on a gift card. I got £1599 back for mine (full price I paid) as they valued it against a CX which was £1599 at the time.
Exactly what I was going to do if they try going down that route! Thanks for the info!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom