LG OLED panel repair

Hey guys,
Just wanted to thank you all for posting this info it's been really useful.
I have an LG B6 which i bought from Currys in April 2017. It started with the change of colours (The Simpsons look green) and some image retention about a year ago. I thought it was out of warranty so have been using it as a spare in my bedroom since replacing it.

Based on the info here I thought I would give them a call to ask and it appears my TV had a 5 year warranty too and it being collected this morning for a review.

So fingers crossed, I might get a working TV back soon. Thanks all! :)

Last edited:
Had mine back a couple of days ago. They replaced my screen as a fix.

Gave it a couple of days before posting. Appears to be fine. Gamma default options appear higher than my previous display. I’ve had to put them to a lower setting to get blacks right.

That’s the only thing I’ve noticed so far. But appears to be all good now.:)

How long does it usually take for the 'write off' team to look at the report and confirm/deny?

How long does it usually take for the 'write off' team to look at the report and confirm/deny?
I got mine back on Monday and all working well with a replacement screen.
They picked it up on the 6th October, shown arrived and in the workshop on the 7th. By the 8th it had shown as the repair had been completed and ready to come back to me.
Never had a single issue with Curry's on this despite all my reservations.

For those that have bought an LG OLED from Currys, what contact number have you used?

Mu LG C6 has developed a line across the bottom around 6 inches up and dark shading around the middle and outer edges. It was bought November 2016. Sadly I cannot find my receipt. A bit of help on another thread has shown me a webpage that states included 5 year warranty.

I did call into my local Currys and the young lady at the customer service desk found my purchase details but it had nothing about extended warranties on the notes.
How do I prove that it does?

Cheers Carl.

I used this one. 0344 561 1234
If you are having no luck getting through to the tv support option, try the PC/Laptop option. They usually answer quicker and can answer some queries. They will also help to put you through to the correct department.

For those that have bought an LG OLED from Currys, what contact number have you used?

Mu LG C6 has developed a line across the bottom around 6 inches up and dark shading around the middle and outer edges. It was bought November 2016. Sadly I cannot find my receipt. A bit of help on another thread has shown me a webpage that states included 5 year warranty.

I did call into my local Currys and the young lady at the customer service desk found my purchase details but it had nothing about extended warranties on the notes.
How do I prove that it does?

Cheers Carl.

Hi Carl, I purchased my 65C6V from Currys in December '16, a while back I ended up emailing [email protected] to get them to confirm 5yr warranty as I didn't have any paperwork/email confirming this. They did reply in a few days confirming I had the warranty, if you tell them your address they should be able to find it on their systems. I've used the number above from SBB to contact them this morning to raise a warranty claim as my panel has deteriorated in last few months with problems similar to already posted in this thread, getting collected next week.....good luck
Rich

Hi Carl, I purchased my 65C6V from Currys in December '16, a while back I ended up emailing [email protected] to get them to confirm 5yr warranty as I didn't have any paperwork/email confirming this. They did reply in a few days confirming I had the warranty, if you tell them your address they should be able to find it on their systems. I've used the number above from SBB to contact them this morning to raise a warranty claim as my panel has deteriorated in last few months with problems similar to already posted in this thread, getting collected next week.....good luck
Rich
Rich, Thank you.

Rich
It appears that number is no longer active. I have had to send a support message via the web. Only problem is you cannot keep a copy of what has been sent, so it can get ignored. I will give it a few days and then call the contact number.

Carl

Looks like this is the email address to use now.

[email protected]

Had my email back, now need to contact the support team for arranging collection. They did not say outright that I have warranty cover, but I have to assume that they could not offer me a repair if I had no cover.

Lets see

Well I decided to drop a follow up email to TKH and sure enough the reply gave me the details I was looking for with my 5 Year Warranty and its end date of 03/11/2021.
Just need to call them and arrange the next move.

Cheers All

Last edited by a moderator:
Currys are collecting my tv this Wednesday. Let’s see what happens from there. Nice guy Nathan said it appears I have a first gen OLED and problems have occurred with them and if a repair cannot be done then a voucher for a replacement will be offered.
Has this been the usual way for everyone else?
Also what have people gone for when choosing a replacement?

Carl

Mine was collected by Currys Monday, checked the online tracker link earlier and it showed 'Contact Required' in progress pie chart...'we have a query about your repair please call'.....40mins on hold only to be told....'sorry we have no news not sure why but it sometimes shows that'....🙄

Mine was collected by Currys Monday, checked the online tracker link earlier and it showed 'Contact Required' in progress pie chart...'we have a query about your repair please call'.....40mins on hold only to be told....'sorry we have no news not sure why but it sometimes shows that'....🙄
What online tracker are you talking about? I don’t have one that I know of.

Ive now got the link now :smashin: and also have the same message as you. Not sure if I should call or leave it a day or so.

Carl

Ive now got the link now :smashin: and also have the same message as you. Not sure if I should call or leave it a day or so.

Carl

I'd leave it few days Carl, they guy I spoke to assured me they would either text me or call when they have news 👍

I'd leave it few days Carl, they guy I spoke to assured me they would either text me or call when they have news 👍
Let us know if you hear anything about your TV today? I have not contacted TKH today so will wait as you have suggested.

Carl.

The TVs are out of warranty, but clearly not economical repairs and therefore are covered by the SOGA. Your beef is with Currys and not LG. I think you have a claim up to 6 years

Let us know if you hear anything about your TV today? I have not contacted TKH today so will wait as you have suggested.

Carl.

Not heard anything yet Carl, will update you when I do, probably give it until Thursday then I'll try contacting them again

Not heard anything yet Carl, will update you when I do, probably give it until Thursday then I'll try contacting them again
@deltarikk cheers. Mine is still saying get in touch. The date has also disappeared for tomorrow’s date. I will give it a few more days. I’ll probably try calling end of the week if I’ve not had a reply by then.
Carl

Update from Currys, they've sent me an eGift Card via txt link to the full value of what I paid for the 65C6 nearly four years ago!! :clap: This is obviously most welcome and totally unexpected, without good reason I didn't expect a result like this. Thanks to this thread it prompted me to get in touch so much appreciated guys and hopefully Carl you'll get an equally satisfactory result 👍

Update from Currys, they've sent me an eGift Card via txt link to the full value of what I paid for the 65C6 nearly four years ago!! :clap: This is obviously most welcome and totally unexpected, without good reason I didn't expect a result like this. Thanks to this thread it prompted me to get in touch so much appreciated guys and hopefully Carl you'll get an equally satisfactory result 👍
Thats brilliant news, A great result. Ive had no messages from Currys myself yet and the web update is still saying that I need to contact them. You have had contact 2 or 3 days later so maybe I will hear something middle of next week.

Cheers @deltarikk .

Carl

@deltarikk did your tracking info on the TKH website ever change from Contact Required at any stage?
It could be useful for me and others waiting on updates?

Carl

I hadn't checked to be honest but just have and it's still sat on contact required but its like the pie chart thing has reset and contact required is now showing as the first piece of the five...if that makes sense?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom