LG OLED panel repair

Because after doing a lot of research on here and other av forums Currys is the very last place to set up a complaint, 100% of what I've read is that Currys only ever offer their standard 1 year warranty (unless its a special manufactures warranty/deal, their way of resolving the matter will be that Currys warranty is only good for 12 months from the day of the transaction and they will tell you/customer to take it up with the manufacturer...….........…..standard, across the board, hence whilst why I'm dealing with LG.
How comes you only got a 12 month warranty? as currys have always given 5 years warranty just like other retailers like Richer sounds, John Lewis etc

Usually the first year is the manufacturer warranty and then currys provide the other 4.

I have had a number of TVs from Currys and all came with a 5 year warranty. my ef950, e7,Af9 and my current Gz2000 all have 5 year warrantys. And even if you have only got a 12 month warranty, why did you buy it in the first place when nearly every retailer gives you 5 years?

How comes you only got a 12 month warranty? as currys have always given 5 years warranty just like other retailers like Richer sounds, John Lewis etc

Usually the first year is the manufacturer warranty and then currys provide the other 4.

I have had a number of TVs from Currys and all came with a 5 year warranty. my ef950, e7,Af9 and my current Gz2000 all have 5 year warrantys. And even if you have only got a 12 month warranty, why did you buy it in the first place when nearly every retailer gives you 5 years?

Thanks for all the advice, I know (from reading MANY review/ forum sites that Currys in particular give a standard just a Currys 1 year warranty after that they tell you to get in contact with the manufacturer for any other problems/faults are their 1 year is up.That said I will, right now get onto Currys and see where I get, I'll keep you posted!

Just found this before I called Currys, I registered the tv with LG and this is LG's warranty - 12 months parts & labour???

Attachments

• My Product _ LG U.K. - Google Chrome 31_01_2020 09_31_11.pdf
    688.4 KB · Views: 82
*update* I just phoned Currys Support with doubt as my original purchase receipt mentioned nothing other than a standard 1 years warranty, spoke to a helpful chap who ensured me that it did indeed have a 5 year warranty on it and its getting collected tomorrow and returned next week foc along with a tracking number so I can see the process all the way from collection, fault finding, repair status and delivery time! The Currys non-believer is a believer!........................fingers crossed!

*update* I just phoned Currys Support with doubt as my original purchase receipt mentioned nothing other than a standard 1 years warranty, spoke to a helpful chap who ensured me that it did indeed have a 5 year warranty on it and its getting collected tomorrow and returned next week foc along with a tracking number so I can see the process all the way from collection, fault finding, repair status and delivery time! The Currys non-believer is a believer!........................fingers crossed!

See , told you so :thumbsup:

Wouldn't suprised if their "fault finding" determines it's screen burn and therefore not covered by warranty.

I'm actually in exactly the same position with LG and John Lewis. LG have offered a repair for £200 (must be their new stance on burn in issues) and John Lewis actually liaised with LG and also offered the £200 repair.

Last edited:
Well if there stance for burn in is £200 for a new screen then I’d be happy staying with Oled.A warranty for burn in if it was available would cost more than £200 over say 5 years.
Id say this burn in is becoming a bigger issue as OLEDs age so LG have to do something about it and I think they’ve no choice but to sort it out somehow.Im happy with the £200 that would put my mind at rest.

Yes certainly better than the £1100 I was originally quoted. However I presume I'll just be in the same situation again in a couple of years unless I drastically change my settings and viewing habits, which I shouldn't have to do.

Yes certainly better than the £1100 I was originally quoted. However I presume I'll just be in the same situation again in a couple of years unless I drastically change my settings and viewing habits, which I shouldn't have to do.

Sadly I think so, tho in a couple of years Oled well might be dead as I fear there's going to be a few more burn ins incoming.

A work mate as just got burn in on his 18 month old Oled.. Sky sports got him.. Iv told him to do pixel refresh 5 times over weekend..

Sadly I think so, tho in a couple of years Oled well might be dead as I fear there's going to be a few more burn ins incoming.

A work mate as just got burn in on his 18 month old Oled.. Sky sports got him.. Iv told him to do pixel refresh 5 times over weekend..

Yes same for me, the bar burned in on the bottom matches up to the Soccer Saturday ticker, which I only ever watch on Saturdays for a couple of hours for the 3pm kick offs. So clearly it is the cumulative effect rather leaving a static image for hours on end.

Yes same for me, the bar burned in on the bottom matches up to the Soccer Saturday ticker, which I only ever watch on Saturdays for a couple of hours for the 3pm kick offs. So clearly it is the cumulative effect rather leaving a static image for hours on end.

Exactly the same as my burn in. Mine took 24 months or so .

Hi Guys I had screen burn from gmtv on my 2.5 Yr old lgc7 and curry's repaired it under warranty with no issues whatsoever , so they may have changed policy . I explained that I don't pause static images but had been watching gmtv over the pandemic . They were great ,replaced the panel within a week. Hopefully that gives people a bit more confidence to buy an oled. Trust me its worth it , 55 c7 in my bedroom and 65 c9 in living room . Nothing comes close

Hi Guys I had screen burn from gmtv on my 2.5 Yr old lgc7 and curry's repaired it under warranty with no issues whatsoever , so they may have changed policy . I explained that I don't pause static images but had been watching gmtv over the pandemic . They were great ,replaced the panel within a week. Hopefully that gives people a bit more confidence to buy an oled. Trust me its worth it , 55 c7 in my bedroom and 65 c9 in living room . Nothing comes close

Yet, another example of how good Currys service has been this year.
No hassle service, and no need to pay extra for special insurance.
And no, I do not work for Currys.

Yet, another example of how good Currys service has been this year.
No hassle service, and no need to pay extra for special insurance.
And no, I do not work for Currys.
I almost sold mine on Gumtree for £400 , thankfully called team know how Before I did, wasn't optimistic due to earlier comments but sure glad I did. I have a feeling they may have lost a few small claim court cases, but for whatever reason I couldn't be happier. Also I think 5yr guarantee is standard on most TVs over £1000

Hi,
My C7 developed burn in and a green haze. Massive line in the middle of the screen on certain colours. This appeared roughly 28 months after I purchased it. Only noticed it in the last month or so, I persevered with the line. But when I started noticing the screen mist on certain colours as well as seeing burn in where subtitles have been at the bottom too. The subtitles thing I only noticed a couple of days ago.

LG offered me £250 to have it repaired but I’m going to have to wait two weeks to schedule it in.

I also bought mine from Curry’s and wasn’t aware of the 5 year warranty. Has anyone spoken to curry’s gone through and had success getting a replacement with no charge?

I don’t mind paying £250 to having the panel replaced but due to COVID bit of a wait and be happy to not need to pay for anything.

Last edited:
Hi,
My C7 developed burn in and a green haze. Massive line in the middle of the screen on certain colours. This appeared roughly 28 months after I purchased it. Only noticed it in the last month or so, I persevered with the line. But when I started noticing the screen mist on certain colours as well as seeing burn in where subtitles have been at the bottom too. The subtitles thing I only noticed a couple of days ago.

LG offered me £250 to have it repaired but I’m going to have to wait two weeks to schedule it in.

I also bought mine from Curry’s and wasn’t aware of the 5 year warranty. Has anyone spoken to curry’s gone through and had success getting a replacement with no charge?

I don’t mind paying £250 to having the panel replaced but due to COVID bit of a wait and be happy to not need to pay for anything.
I got my 2 Yr old c7 repaired by curry's free . Just call team knowhow , they seem to have changed the repair policy

Gave them a call today, took me most of the afternoon and evening to get through. Probably due to Covid impacting their call queues.
Eventually got through and they are picking it up Thursday.
Advised me a 2 week turn around.
Will post my experience once all things are said and done.
Glad I came across this thread when I did.
Thanks all the posts from people and yourself jazza8!

Interesting to read this forum... my LG 65 E7 went in for repair with 'Team Knowhow' on the 28th Sept, so I'm now sitting patiently and waiting to hear what happens...!?
A 3yr old TV, will it be a replacement panel or a replacement/new TV altogether?
My issue was a thick vertical bar running down the middle of the screen that became more & more noticeable during watching.

They picked up mine on the 28th as well. Once it’s arrived at their depot, which has you can track the status of the repair using the number you were given.

Was a right paid getting this picked up, took me a week. First time they came they thought they were picking up a 43” had to arrange it again.

The tracking site has a lot to be desired... all I see is a ticked box that says 'service'. The next box is delivery. So there isn't really much tracking going on there.
Their DM on Twitter has been fairly quick to respond though, so might keep trying them for updates. (Beats there hold times on the phone!)

That works better than the website I was tracking them on. (Not that it was it accessible from the Currys site...genius.)

Thanks! Looking forward to my supposed completion/delivery date of the 5th Oct. Hmmm.

Update on my 'sitch'...

Happened to check the Track It site this morning and saw the status had changed to Contact Required - BUT apparently its for me to contact them!?

So, persisted with 30mins on hold and was eventually told the enginer has quoted the TV to be beyond economical repair. Its therefore been referred to the 'Write Off' to authorise and if so, issue me a voucher.

Been told this might not happen until Monday now... mixed emotions!? But so far so 'good...ish.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom