LG OLED panel repair

barry7767

I never bothered as I managed to get it sorted through Currys instead.
I did same with my C7 which had the exact same issue yours did. Currys collected it on Saturday and have seemingly repaired it (going on Team KnowHow tracker, with a scheduled return delivery back to me this Saturday. Mine is flat of course and didn't have 3d so more straightforward repair/replacement panel. I trust I'll still have 2 years ish warranty left should this one fail too (bought November 17).

Last edited:

barry7767

My C7 has been returned today by Team Knowhow, 1 week after collection. Panel replaced, repair report stating the "issue you reported was caused by a faulty teagle oled screen eaj65468101."

Don't think it ever looked this good so either it's an upgraded panel or was duff from new. Can't fault their service whatsoever.

Pumauk

Do these have to be returned with the power cable attached? Mine is in the wall and so I’ve had to remove the connector from the panel at the back. Presumably as LG sell the replacement cables then it doesn’t void the warranty?

barry7767

Do these have to be returned with the power cable attached? Mine is in the wall and so I’ve had to remove the connector from the panel at the back. Presumably as LG sell the replacement cables then it doesn’t void the warranty?
Mine was as I haven't altered the power cable so was attached as supplied. I packaged mine up in original box too as I had it still. Came back in it

Pumauk

Mine was as I haven't altered the power cable so was attached as supplied. I packaged mine up in original box too as I had it still. Came back in it

Ok thanks, mines gone without the power cable, would have been a mess to get it out of the wall. They didn’t say anything upon collection so guess I’ll just claim it was with it if they decide it should have been! lol

Mines a 65” B7, am I looking at a panel replacement rather than a write off now?

barry7767

Ok thanks, mines gone without the power cable, would have been a mess to get it out of the wall. They didn’t say anything upon collection so guess I’ll just claim it was with it if they decide it should have been! lol

Mines a 65” B7, am I looking at a panel replacement rather than a write off now?
I'd say so, mine was pretty bad and replaced. If LG are offering new panel for £200/250 out of warranty it must be marginally cheaper than a refund/replacement for all concerned. I didn't need any of the features on the newer sets so couldn't be happier really. Just hope this one lasts.

Razorclam

yesterday I picked up my dads LG 55c7 (2017) and I can easily read ‘breaking news’ burnt into the screen. Also he has a fire on the screen all the time and I can see logs burnt in too!!
After reading this thread I called Curry’s and long story short they are picking it up Friday to either repair or refund.
Cant grumble at that.

Em101

Standard Member
I did same with my C7 which had the exact same issue yours did. Currys collected it on Saturday and have seemingly repaired it (going on Team KnowHow tracker, with a scheduled return delivery back to me this Saturday. Mine is flat of course and didn't have 3d so more straightforward repair/replacement panel. I trust I'll still have 2 years ish warranty left should this one fail too (bought November 17).

adamcarvell

Me too but not as long I’m waiting for LG to open up their repair centres.

marsizzler

Standard Member
Update on my situation further up the thread.

Received my credit gift card in an email yesterday, nearly what i paid for it back in 2017 and price matched against the 2020 model priced in Currys at the moment. More than happy with the outcome.
TV picked up Friday the 13th. Text Monday the 16th saying it had arrived at repair center. Text 24th saying working hard to repair (later that day set was written off). Email gift card 25th around 5pm ish.

Went for the 55" Sony A85 Oled for the replacement and it is mighty fine looking!!

spikecast

Update on my situation further up the thread.

Received my credit gift card in an email yesterday, nearly what i paid for it back in 2017 and price matched against the 2020 model priced in Currys at the moment. More than happy with the outcome.
TV picked up Friday the 13th. Text Monday the 16th saying it had arrived at repair center. Text 24th saying working hard to repair (later that day set was written off). Email gift card 25th around 5pm ish.

Went for the 55" Sony A85 Oled for the replacement and it is mighty fine looking!!

Glad you got it sorted pal! :)

Pumauk

Well just had mine delivered back from Curry’s, clearly had an accident as the top corner is all caved in and bent, with the panel now cracked in 3 places.

Phoned them up and they’ve said they’re going to book a new repair appointment for tomorrow to get it collected, though I’m fairly certain it’s not repairable.

381CCC51-1C26-459A-B4C5-A31F76ED666F.jpeg

adamcarvell

I’d be fuming if mine was returned like that.

Pumauk

I’d be fuming if mine was returned like that.
Yeah wasn’t best pleased, though expected it as this is exactly what they did a few years back with my previous tv as well!
It was pretty well packaged as well with huge foam roller type packing but alas it’s certainly had a whack as the whole panel/metal surround is twisted a good couple of inches down it’s length!
The notes suggest that they changed the panel (before breaking it), so a bit of a pointless repair trip!

CircuitWizard

Standard Member
So glad I found this thread. I had a green blob appearing in the centre of my screen in place of yellow on a test video. Phoned Currys, TV picked up last week and should be returned this week repaired. Excellent service!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom