LG OLED models inc E6 HDR in Game Mode, Why is it not included? [FIXED]

Jackass

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As per title,
thread is dedicated to discuss this must have HDR mode in game mode and have LG implement it for their loyal customers :smashin:

LG got rid of most of its WebOS team last year, this stuff doesn't seem to be a priority for them.

We can make it happen though, we all just need to keep emailing them about it.

If Samsung can do it then LG can do it. Especially on top end sets this expensive. With the Xbox one S already out and including HDR games and the playstation Pro out soon which is a HDR machine.... hopefully they will get it sorted.

Glad someone has made a thread about this issue. I've telephoned, emailed and tweeted (from different accounts) LG about this request. We need to keep the pressure on them. Spread the word!

Agree. Just tried playing forza horizon 3 in hdr. Looks bloody stunning.... but the lag makes it impossible to play. Gears of war would be even worse....

will be keeping a close eye on this -- may well determine if the TV I downsize to from the ZD9 is an E6 or not....

What are lg contact details: put them here so people can start contacting them:)

will be keeping a close eye on this -- may well determine if the TV I downsize to from the ZD9 is an E6 or not....

Me too. The moment LG releases an E6 firmware update to support HDR in game mode without any input lag increase (just as Samsung did a couple weeks ago), I'll buy this TV. HDR gaming is a MUST if I invest on any tv, with ps4 pro and xbox one s around.

I hope LG reads this forum.

I am not sure why most tv makers don't make minimizing input lag a priority, with facts stating that the gaming industry is so much bigger than movies and tv shows altogether, and that the average gamer age is not as it was in the 90's (just kids). These kids (me) have grown and will spend 3K on a set to have the best gaming experience the same way they (we) spent everything they (we) had back then importing a game from Japan. I will still have an "Ocarina of Time" keychain in my pocket by 2075.

Me too. The moment LG releases an E6 firmware update to support HDR in game mode without any input lag increase (just as Samsung did a couple weeks ago), I'll buy this TV. HDR gaming is a MUST if I invest on any tv, with ps4 pro and xbox one s around.

I hope LG reads this forum.

I am not sure why most tv makers don't make minimizing input lag a priority, with facts stating that the gaming industry is so much bigger than movies and tv shows altogether, and that the average gamer age is not as it was in the 90's (just kids). These kids (me) have grown and will spend 3K on a set to have the best gaming experience the same way they (we) spent everything they (we) had back then importing a game from Japan. I will still have an "Ocarina of Time" keychain in my pocket by 2075.

Great post. Thank you.

My only worry is if HDR in game mode will effect lag,
But we absolutely need the setting in the options even if it's a new setting altogether HDR game mode etc
I have tried gaming on the normal HDR mode and the lag is really noticeable especially on games where you need to aim/shoot

I would also like lg contact numbers/emails so I can get on to them if anyone has them please share here

Contacted LG on the matter and got told there was no update coming that she knew of for HDR in game mode but said she would pass on my request to the Dev team.

Not exactly the answer I was looking for but still..
I think I will phone them next,
Then write a letter,
Then protest outside there offices.. lol
I urge everyone to request this feature

Last edited:
This is making my TV decision extremely difficult. I already faced a very difficult decision when I planned to get a 65 inch TV settled on the ZD9 as the best all rounder. My set has issues and I've decided 65 inch is too big for the set up I have so I need a 55 inch. At that size an OLED would absolutely be my first preference, but HDR is an extremely important factor --especially as I plan on getting a 1080ti in Q1 next year.

So given LG's silence on this I'm not sure what to do. I suspect I'll have to go for an edge lit as a stop gap but that's a very suboptimal solution...

I'd go for the old LG mate it is a glorious picture with or without HDR, plus you can still play in HDR but just not in game mode yet
I'm certain an update will come they have been bombarded with requests for it

If Samsung can update firmware to enable Game mode with HDR I don't see why LG can't do the same … they fixed the UHD Blu-ray issue for HDR colourspace.

Maybe it needs to be from high profile AV media?

I was very disappointed with the input lag on my LG when I tried it out with an xbox one s. Gears of war is unplayable. If you set it to easy you can just about make it through the first level of the campaign with a lot of frustration. It looks stunning though, but the lag, the input log, oh me. I didn't even dare try the multiplayer mode.

I have tried different ways to contact LG, I just keep getting the same message about how my feedback has been passed on to the developers. I don't want my feedback just to be passed onto the developers, I want the to actually do something about it.

I have tried using their online chat, online form, twitter (@LGUS and @LGUK) and I have emailed the following:

UK General Manager: [email protected]
Customer service email:
[email protected]

I think everyone needs to keep the pressure on LG about this issue.

My online form enquiry:

Hi

I was very dissapointed to findout that hdr gaming is nearly imposiable on my new TV because of input lag from the 3 hdr picture modes. So I have 2 questions:

1, What can I do/turn off in the HDR picture settings to reduce the input lag?

2, When are you going to release a firmware update to my tv to include a HDR gaming mode (like what samsung is doing with its HDR TVs)?

Regards

LG's response to my enquiry:

Good morning

Thank you for your enquiry.

I have checked this for you, and currently the TV will need to be on the HDR picture mode to allow the TV to display HDR content. When you watch HDR content, the TV must perform more processing on the image which will increase latency slightly. As the HDR picture modes use preset settings, presently it is not possible to adjust these to decrease this. However we do thank you for your feedback about this, with HDR gaming being newly popularised by the recent console releases we would look to take on board any feedback surrounding this, and our team is currently investigating further to see if any improvements around this can be made via future updates.

Kind regards

Nicole

Level 2 Customer Support Team

LG Electronics UK Help desk

----------------------------------

LG Customer Services

UK: 0344 847 5454 Ireland: 01 686 9454

Mon-Sat 9am to 6pm

Closed bank holidays

www.lg.com/uk

You can even reach us via our Web Chat facility through the LG UK website

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/contact-customer-support

I've also sent 3 separate emails to LG on the matter and got similar replys

If there's no HDR to be in game mode then I have made the wrong purchase

I am thinking the same :(

I am not sure what your LG TV is like, but mine if I don't have it in game mode (ie i use standard mode) and I try to play a first person shooter then there is so much lag on that too. I think LG TVs have to run in a game mode regardless. God knows what processing they are trying to do in the background.

I hope they fix this soon.

Asking again: What model do you have?

Before possibly going for another E6, I'll at least wait until the PS4 Pro is released.

I spoke to lg today and they said HDR on game mode will come through update but no time frame as of yet. I personally can't see it being a problem! It will come

Hi everyone , so was planning on getting the new ps4pro and Xbox one s for my b series. My question is if no HDR game mode and hdr mode is unplayable due to lag - does this render ps4 pro useless or will u be able to turn off HDR and just play the game in sdr 4k game mode . Same with the new Xbox HDR games , can u turn off the HDR mode and play without lag . Sure would be a waste of 400 quid if the ps4 pro can't play any new games on this TV or any new lg for that matter

On both the xbox one s and ps4 (as it will have the same interface as the pro) you can turn off HDR in the console settings. As long as you TV is in game mode the input lag will not be noticable. The only pain will be having to go into your console settings to turn HDR on everytime you want to watch something in HDR on Netflix or Amazon and then have to turn it off again when you want to play a game. I hope LG fixes this before the Pro is released.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom