LG OLED GX Owners and Discussion Thread

according to some "Cinema is the most accurate. Cinema home is not accurate and very much a daytime only mode".

it's possible your 55E7 was configured poorly and actually wasn't providing an accurate image.

The wall mount is easy enough to pop up and comes with some decent enough screws. Probably took no longer than 20 minutes and most of that time is measuring up to get the right place.
Could you please tell me what size drill bit I need to get in order to screw the holes suitable for the anchors? Thank you.

Anyone got any pics of their GX's in their setup?

I'm looking at the potential of getting the 77G1 (probably no G1 owners threads yet), but it means wall mounting my TV, which in turn means I need a new TV unit as the current one I have isn't the right width anyway.

I was thinking of getting the Besta 40CM wide basic unit, no fronts, putting the centre speaker on top of the unit, and the TV mounted above it (so the bottom of the TV was approx. 60CM from the floor).

Could you please tell me what size drill bit I need to get in order to screw the holes suitable for the anchors? Thank you.
Sorry, couldn't tell you. I always use my own stuff to mount TV's so didn't use the supplied anchors.

I'm looking at the potential of getting the 77G1 (probably no G1 owners threads yet), but it means wall mounting my TV, which in turn means I need a new TV unit as the current one I have isn't the right width anyway.

I was thinking of getting the Besta 40CM wide basic unit, no fronts, putting the centre speaker on top of the unit, and the TV mounted above it (so the bottom of the TV was approx. 60CM from the floor).

Hi here are a couple pictures of my 65gx. I wanted a tv stand that was wider then the tv and eventually found this one.
1616330746346.jpeg

1616330788563.jpeg

Hi here are a couple pictures of my 65gx. I wanted a tv stand that was wider then the tv and eventually found this one.
Assuming you used the LG mount, can you let me know what size drill bit you used for the holes? Thank you.

Hi I used 8 of these gripit fittings. They are very strong and they are also the correct size for the LG wall bracket bolt holes. Make sure you get the brown gripit fittings Though as the larger blue ones won’t fit. That’s if you have a plasterboard wall.

Have a look at this thread. Lots of ideas for Besta. Also check out my posts on page 10, I used Ikea Metod kitchen cabinets instead.

Have a look at this thread. Lots of ideas for Besta. Also check out my posts on page 10, I used Ikea Metod kitchen cabinets instead.

I think the basic one I linked would look a bit like the one under the TV in this post: Ikea Besta advice please

Without the shelves left/right, or the extras.

My eventual goal would be to have the ability to put PS5 comfortably on the left or the right sections, which should fit comfortably with the 60CM width of each of the 3 compartments.

Guess the plan would be to have the 40CM high besta, with the centre speaker sat on top, then the TV mounted above that.

I believe they need to be 8mm. Haven't received mine yet so can't tell you for sure.
Thanks! When do you get yours? Mine arrives on March 31st (hopefully yours comes sooner), and I am afraid I won't be able to buy a drill bit suitable for this because of Easter holidays, so I would like to be prepared.

Just pick up an 8mm and 10mm in advance, usually covers most jobs. I'm surprised somebody confident enough to hand their own TV doesn't already have a load of various sized drill bits :)

Just pick up an 8mm and 10mm in advance, usually covers most jobs. I'm surprised somebody confident enough to hand their own TV doesn't already have a load of various sized drill bits :)
Had a long distance move recently where bringing all the tools wasn't worth it. Time to rebuild the collection.

Hi I used 8 of these gripit fittings. They are very strong and they are also the correct size for the LG wall bracket bolt holes. Make sure you get the brown gripit fittings Though as the larger blue ones won’t fit. That’s if you have a plasterboard wall.

Thanks, I might look into these a bit more. I am hoping to upgrade my TV but wall mounting has me nervous and I can't get installers in here at the moment.

Thanks! When do you get yours? Mine arrives on March 31st (hopefully yours comes sooner), and I am afraid I won't be able to buy a drill bit suitable for this because of Easter holidays, so I would like to be prepared.
Should have received it 1.5 weeks ago! :mad: So I don't know…

Here you go.

Installed yesterday as a replacement for my CX77.

1616676096972.png

Installed yesterday as a replacement for my CX77.

the blaster (i assume that's what it is) in the bottom left corner kinda ruins the clean lines.

the blaster (i assume that's what it is) in the bottom left corner kinda ruins the clean lines.
I agree. I actually noticed today that the GX "seems to have" an IR Blaster Output. There is precious little information out there about this -- do you happen to know if that takes IR signals picked up by the TV and repeats them? If so I could just plug that output straight into my IR distribution network (that sends it to all of the boxes in the cabinet) and I won't need the IR blaster window!

Nice! Do you mind taking a pic of how flush to the wall that is?
Of course, here's the photo I sent to the wife to get her OK (ignore Henrietta sitting in the background and the cupboard moved away from the wall, just look at those nice flush lines!)

1616681482985.png

Of course, here's the photo I sent to the wife to get her OK (ignore Henrietta sitting in the background and the cupboard moved away from the wall, just look at those nice flush lines!)

View attachment 1482351
That looks great man, congrats on that clean install. I have mine (65") getting delivered on the 31st so we can't wait. My wife forced me to buy the GX (I know, its so tough LOL) because of the aesthetics. Did you use the screws/anchors that came with the TV, and if so, do you recall what size drill bit you used?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom