LG OLED GX Owners and Discussion Thread

Cable is fixed and not detachable from TV. it will be fitted with an appropriate plug to connect to the mains to suite the local territory, in UK std 3 pin. I believe that the lead is around 2m long?

Cheers! I surely will, but I need to get new optic cable hence they delivered toslink to 3.5mm jack :facepalm:

Cable is fixed and not detachable from TV. it will be fitted with an appropriate plug to connect to the mains to suite the local territory, in UK std 3 pin. I believe that the lead is around 2m long?
Cheers 👍 Oh.... so I need to butcher the cable to be even able to plug the damn thing in!! That’s a bit rubbish.
EDIT: ah well, bought 1 anyway

Last edited:
Soon to be owner all being well 65 inch arriving next week :)

Going to be wall mounted using a Vogel's THIN 546 wall bracket which unfortunately will have to be installed before the TV arrives

Can anyone please confirm the distance from bottom of the TV to the bottom VESA hole?

I've seen somewhere in the thread I believe that the distance is around 210-215mm is that correct?

Thanks in advance for any help

Soon to be owner all being well 65 inch arriving next week :)

Going to be wall mounted using a Vogel's THIN 546 wall bracket which unfortunately will have to be installed before the TV arrives

Can anyone please confirm the distance from bottom of the TV to the bottom VESA hole?

I've seen somewhere in the thread I believe that the distance is around 210-215mm is that correct?

Thanks in advance for any help

Listen from 9:27 onwards

Last edited:
Didn't need the conduit in the end. Got all the hole's sorted for the floating shelves and the floating av unit. We decided to have the tv unit go 10cm more to the right so it rendered (my wonky) drawing moot but its all spirit level measured now. Will need to make a cut out on the left hand side of the av unit so will have to get my multi-tool out again.
nBb1J6Kh.jpg

Also got the cables for the One SL's fished through:
mtdtV22h.jpg
nUIDXEgh.jpg

Gotta wait till Jan 14th now as that was the earliest date the installer could come back. Painting/decorating starts tomorrow.

Last edited:
My telly arrived today and I absolutely love it. Got a couple of questions.
On hdmi 1 I have connected my receiver which has three sources. Is there any way to amend the source name as the telly seems to have picked up and kept the name of my Amazon Fire Stick.
Also is there any way to configure the telly that when switched on it goes straight to hdmi 1 for my Sky Q ?
Does anyone know of any calibrators in Scotland ?

One more query,
playing the film 1917 on my 4K player. When I go into the settings I have no access to filmmaker mode in picture settings. What am I doing wrong ? Dolby Vision is enabled.

I have the Denon AVR-X7200WA. Full Atmos in house.
Connect to hdmi 2 from tv and all others to denon amp , set hdmi deep colur on,
Sound out hdmi arc ,hdmi input audio format to bitstream
Digital sound out to pass through , earc on ,dont connect loads of hdmi from tv , let the amp do it , you will get everything ,including dolby digtal plus which is netflix and disney plus atmos

One more query,
playing the film 1917 on my 4K player. When I go into the settings I have no access to filmmaker mode in picture settings. What am I doing wrong ? Dolby Vision is enabled.
Stay in isf dark if you watch in a dark environment or isf bright if you watch in a lighter environment , filmaker is not the most accurate mode but with dolby vision you cant access filmaker mode anyway ,so dont worry your not doing anything wrong

This post is for information ONLY so not advocating ANYONE else to do this, this is my 5th oled so pretty familiar with the service menu and understand and accept the risks involved, last night I installed 3.21.09 from the engineering server, it's the same version as ppl on the US forum are installing from Korea which is confirmed to be the latest version which fixes the near black issues.

My set was calibrated by canary_jules but I still had to knock back the brightness to 49 to overcome the raised black with DV and HDR10 which especially for me revealed itself in the black bars on letterbox films.

I've now been able to put the brightness on my set back to 50 and it indeed does fix the raised black issue, this all I have checked so far and was my main complaint. I don't have an Apple 4k so can't check that but on AVS they are saying this firmware helps a little but does not totally fix it.

I'm really pleased with my GX65 now as it also has great uniformity. The new firmware will probably be released to all this week anyway so no need to go my way, I just can't stop myself as I'm a serial firmware upgrader with all my stuff :).

Anyone bought from Tekzone they have £200 off this TV at the moment, I am tempted or I might wait until Curry's Richer Sounds lower the price after Christmas. Last TV I bought from a online only seller went wrong and was a nightmare trying to return.

Last edited:
Got a new update this morning but can’t find it anywhere for what it has done. It’s 03.21.09
can anyone advise ?

Potentially the following, based on discovered changes by community:

-Raised blacks in Dolby vision/HDR fixed. (Yay! 🥳)

-Apple tv Atmos audio bug fixed.

-Added ability to direct play dual track profile 7 Dolby vision videos.

-Assorted EARC connectivity problems resolved, IE soundbars, Xbox series X.

-Varying reports that VRR gamma shift/flickering has been improved or resolved, while others saying it hasn't.

Official changes in changelog from LG:

-Home launcher design improvement

-Listen to TV sound on mobile through ThinQ App

-Added numeric keys/color keys to the screen remote according to the development of a new magic remote control

Hi,

I recently just buy a 65 inch LG GX, but for some strange reason, i’m not able to use the “Hi LG” catch phrase on my unit. If i follow the instruction, in the “Voice Recognition Settings”, I should see a “Hand free voice control” section that would allow me to turn on or off the “use hands-free voice control”. On my unit, I don’t see this option at all. Just below, there should be a “Train your voice” menu option too. Still missing on my unit.

Can anyone out there validate if you are indeed seeing this option on your units? Anyone is able to use the “Hi LG” catch phrase to control your TV? If so, have you done anything special to activate this feature? I'm currently base in Canada, an trying to find if someone in Canada have the exact same issue. But, if everyone out there is able to use to function, and i'm the only one without it, it probably means I'm just extremely unlucky :)....

Thank a lot for your amazin support.

Best regards,

I have my Xbox series x connected to the telly via hdmi into hdmi 4. This way I get access to 120fps but the downside is I only get tv speaker sound.
Would I get access to AV receiver sound if I connect to the telly via an optical cable and make sound out adjustments in the telly menu ?

I have my Xbox series x connected to the telly via hdmi into hdmi 4. This way I get access to 120fps but the downside is I only get tv speaker sound.
Would I get access to AV receiver sound if I connect to the telly via an optical cable and make sound out adjustments in the telly menu ?

Is your receiver connected to the TV via HDMI 2 and does it support ARC/eARC? I may be wrong but you should be able to use ARC here to achieve the same thing with needing an optical cable (I think!)

Is your receiver connected to the TV via HDMI 2 and does it support ARC/eARC? I may be wrong but you should be able to use ARC here to achieve the same thing with needing an optical cable (I think!)
Got it working with an optical cable. Tried arc, gave up as I couldn’t get it to work but probably my bad.

Taken the plunge as the TV has come down £200 today £2299.00 and bought the 65" from John Lewis with the 5 year protect plus which I believe covers burnin. Paid using my Revolut card so should get 2% cashback. Delivery on the 31st cant wait.

Taken the plunge as the TV has come down £200 today £2299.00 and bought the 65" from John Lewis with the 5 year protect plus which I believe covers burnin. Paid using my Revolut card so should get 2% cashback. Delivery on the 31st cant wait.
I bought my telly 6 days so complained to Curry’s, got an instant £200 refund. Yay !

If they can take £200 off the 55's & 65's why is there not a similar amount, or more, off the 77's?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom