LG OLED GX Owners and Discussion Thread

[/QUOTE]
Mounting issues corrected, someone who knew what they were doing has sorted it. Wires all now hidden, TV pushed back and clicked into place on the wall mount. At last!

Just need to wait for the filler to set now from the old hole and then will sand and paint.

Need to decide if I want to put the Philips Hue Light Strip back around as well. I will try and see how it looks, as honestly never used it much on the previous TV, but then again the surround was a lot darker, the paint is lighter this time so may look better.

The TV is still amazing me every single day, it even gained acknowledgement from the other half who agreed it looked a lot better - that means it looks a LOT better than the E6!

HDMI ARC issue is now sorted as well so the Sonos Beam connects properly. Had to try about 4 different HDMI cables, I thought it was a firmware bug, but thought I would try one last cable...worked immediately. All other cables and Sonos worked fine on the E6. Strange, but at least it is working now.

The sound on the GX is better than the E6, but it is just "TV Sound" so no way could I use it as my main sound source. Happy with the Sonos.

Still no regrets, absolutely amazing TV!
Hi pal thinking of getting the GX as well, just wondering if you know if the new Philips hue gradient strips would be too chunky to fit on TV as tv is obviously meant to sit flush. Wanting the hue sync box as well. Thanks for your help .

Maybe bad karma for me debating about TVs on this forum with a Sony owner who lacks HDMI 2.1 features but by LG GX has just packed up. 😂 😂 😂 😂

Dead Pixel visible on lower left corner. I switch off the TV, turned it back on now it doesn't turn on properly. It turns on then off with a weird wave of pixels on the left side.

Not sure how good JL are with the SECOND replacement... will have to see.
I'll attach a vide of the issue when I get time but its basically going to go back obviously.

Not sure whether I'm going to head for a THIRD replacement or just take the cash and go with a projector for a little while. I think I'll probably chance a second GX because it just looks so god damn beautiful.

It was funny as today I'm watching a 480p-720 4:3 anime on the TV and thought 'wow I'm really wasting this and would be better off watching it on the PJ or an older TV'..

Thanks for the reply, i wonder if just the plain fire stick will fit?

Hi, it won't. So I've solved the issue by getting one of these and it works fine. The stick itself sits out of the way underneath my unit.

"
UGREEN HDMI Extension Cable, HDMI Extension Lead Male to Female Support 4K@60Hz 3D with Audio Return and Ethernet Compatible with TV Stick, Blu-Ray, Xbox 360, PS3/PS4, Roku, Nintendo Switch (2M)
HDMIext.jpg

Finished my 65GX install yesterday with the Sonos Arc kit. Was a bit of a stress, tbh. But worth it in the end I think. Found it best to connect the cables to the TV before mounting it. As someone said, the clips at the back of the TV are crap, so duct tape needed! I have connected to it: SkyQ, Firestick and Disc player. Also, headphone/line out. The remaining HDMI is for the eArc out. I had to cut the plug off and retain the 10A fuse.
IMG_7412.jpg
IMG_7414.jpg

question before i buy, i dont see a Cable tv input plug on the back side of the GX6la, all I see in the pic is the threaded F connector for the satellite coax to fit to. Does it have somewhere a cable tv input plug?
thx for any info you guys can help with.
Rob

Hi, it won't. So I've solved the issue by getting one of these and it works fine. The stick itself sits out of the way underneath my unit.

"
UGREEN HDMI Extension Cable, HDMI Extension Lead Male to Female Support 4K@60Hz 3D with Audio Return and Ethernet Compatible with TV Stick, Blu-Ray, Xbox 360, PS3/PS4, Roku, Nintendo Switch (2M)
View attachment 1409401

Ignore !!

Maybe bad karma for me debating about TVs on this forum with a Sony owner who lacks HDMI 2.1 features but by LG GX has just packed up. 😂 😂 😂 😂

Dead Pixel visible on lower left corner. I switch off the TV, turned it back on now it doesn't turn on properly. It turns on then off with a weird wave of pixels on the left side.

Not sure how good JL are with the SECOND replacement... will have to see.
I'll attach a vide of the issue when I get time but its basically going to go back obviously.

Not sure whether I'm going to head for a THIRD replacement or just take the cash and go with a projector for a little while. I think I'll probably chance a second GX because it just looks so god damn beautiful.

It was funny as today I'm watching a 480p-720 4:3 anime on the TV and thought 'wow I'm really wasting this and would be better off watching it on the PJ or an older TV'..
That’s rubbish, sorry to hear that!

Hope JL are ok with you, they should be as I know they bought one of those supercomputer, deep fusion things to calculate and handle all my returns so you should be a breeze! :laugh:

question before i buy, i dont see a Cable tv input plug on the back side of the GX6la, all I see in the pic is the threaded F connector for the satellite coax to fit to. Does it have somewhere a cable tv input plug?
thx for any info you guys can help with.
Rob
Can someone please post a picture of the antenna section of the rear of the GX6LA please, dont matter if its 55 or 65 or 77 inch.

Hi pal thinking of getting the GX as well, just wondering if you know if the new Philips hue gradient strips would be too chunky to fit on TV as tv is obviously meant to sit flush. Wanting the hue sync box as well. Thanks for your help .

There isn't much of a gap, so I would say yes. The normal led strips looked naff :(.

One tip, grab from amazon and try them see how you like them as amazons returns are amazing!

[/QUOTE]

I have this setup and posted about it here: (including pictures)

TLDR, the TV has To be pulled out on the bracket to make space for the gradient strip, but in my opinion it looks great. From the front you can’t tell unless the strip is on, and it does look really neat from the side too. TV is also sturdy on the bracket like this.

Sorry for the delayed response. Only just got my lights setup again after getting my TV exchanged.

No issues with the stability. The way I have things, the gradient light strip actually supports the TV against the wall and I have zero concerns about it (see picture).

If you pull the TV out on the bracket to give a broader spread of light then the bottom of the TV hangs freely and the TV will move slightly if knocked, but the bracket is strong and the TV well balanced so no worries about that either.
Would I have gone for the CX in hindsight? I did have trouble deciding between the two tbh, but I’m really happy with the setup I have now, although I haven’t seen a CX up close to compare so it’s hard to say for sure whether the CX would work better.

One advantage I see with the GX is that it has a completely flat back so the light strip can be fitted very neatly without any bends. I definitely wouldn’t switch now because what I have works great for me and I like the look of it.

View attachment 1396357
Does look nice pal, any pictures from front with lights on. What a hard choice. Thanks for replying pal appreciate it

Yep, more pictures in post 677 of this thread:
Hope that helps!
Thanks pal, looks quality. Take it the light bars fitted at the bottom with no issues and plenty room? Lighting projects really well, love it pal. Take it that's the bracket that came with TV as was recommended another one but would rather use the one that came with TV. Thanks again pal appreciated

Thanks pal, looks quality. Take it the light bars fitted at the bottom with no issues and plenty room? Lighting projects really well, love it pal. Take it that's the bracket that came with TV as was recommended another one but would rather use the one that came with TV. Thanks again pal appreciated
Oops sorry saw the light bars below TV, looks class pal, brilliant 👍

I'm looking at getting a 65GX and have a few practical questions
-wall mount: assuming one part of the mount can be attached to a stud, is it ok to use spring toggles for the other mount holes? How many in-stud screws and springle toggles did people use to ensure stability? From the installation videos it looks like 4 screws along the top and 4 along the bottom. Does the stud have to be in the middle of the mount or can it be at one side?
-I'm going to need 3 HDMI cables, the aerial cable and power cable. Can anyone recommend a cable duct that would cover this many cables (I won't be putting the cables behind the wall)?
-How long are the HDMI cables people use? I will have my TV above an AV cabinet which is 1.7 m wide (my devices are at either end so ~1 m from the centre of the unit) - I am guessing 3 m cables are needed

I just used 8 cavity fixings in mine as there is no stud work in the wall. I used the type you fit with a setting tool.
My last 65” tv was fitted the same.
Use this for the cables if you can’t put them in the wall

Saying good bye to the GX for a little while guys. Will probably get one again next year. Maybe it'll be called the G1 then which doesn't sound as good of a name. Beautiful piece of art on the wall. In all honesty I'd put it in a dedicated home theatre space but that screen deserves to be in a lounge where it can be 'on show' but discreet at the same time.

Beautiful statement piece. Sadly it bit the dust the and now £1100 price difference with the recent price match options has swayed me into being a cheapskate and going with the Kim Kardashian bump-style CX so I can put the £1100 towards a new projector or amplifier... or even be sensible and save the money (low chance of that).

My 77 GX goes back on Tuesday sadly on the request of my wife who thinks it’s the worst picture quality we have had from any of the vast number of TV’s we have had this year.

There is something wrong with it, even with things like DV, we are getting loads of pixelation and posterisation, it’s so bad it almost looks like dse at times.

I’m either going for another Panny, outrageously a 75 ZH8 or putting my C8 back up and waiting for the 2021 circus! Can’t quite decide!

My 77 GX goes back on Tuesday sadly on the request of my wife who thinks it’s the worst picture quality we have had from any of the vast number of TV’s we have had this year.

There is something wrong with it, even with things like DV, we are getting loads of pixelation and posterisation, it’s so bad it almost looks like dse at times.

I’m either going for another Panny, outrageously a 75 ZH8 or putting my C8 back up and waiting for the 2021 circus! Can’t quite decide!

Maybe its the DSE issue which I spoke about? My CX in Dolby vision 4K HDR looks absolutely pristine. The ONLY issue was the banding. But something about my GX, as evidenced by all my posts crying about it, wasn't right and I still can't put my finger on what it was.

If my next CX is bandy-hell, I'm going to call it a day with an 85'' Sony TV which supports HDMI 2.1 features I think and pocket the £1k.

75" would just fit on your chimney breast without overhanging 🧐🤔😍

Maybe its the DSE issue which I spoke about? My CX in Dolby vision 4K HDR looks absolutely pristine. The ONLY issue was the banding. But something about my GX, as evidenced by all my posts crying about it, wasn't right and I still can't put my finger on what it was.

If my next CX is bandy-hell, I'm going to call it a day with an 85'' Sony TV which supports HDMI 2.1 features I think and pocket the £1k.
It may very well be that, such a shame as it’s the best looking TV style wise, I’ve had.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom