LG OLED GX Owners and Discussion Thread

Anyone seen these recessed boxes in the UK? Only seen them in the US for about $37. Shipping costs the same!
71pmMvx5lvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Anyone seen these recessed boxes in the UK? Only seen them in the US for about $37. Shipping costs the same!
Do you have any dimensions?

Finally have my 65 GX on the wall today paired with a B&O BeoSound Stage...

On the whole very pleased. I did have some messing around to get the soundbar working through ARC but since changing the mode to eARC on the TV seems to be behaving.

I have noticed that the input level to the soundbar from the LG is lower than with my Samsung TV or when using AirPlay / Bluetooth from my phone to the soundbar. Probably say LG runs 15%-20% quieter than other inputs. Ultimately just means you have to turn it up a bit more, not sure if other folks have noticed this?

It's a shame I can't connect my old Bluetooth keyboard either. Seems the only Bluetooth keyboard options are for specific LG ones.

I'm still not sure if on my 77'' GX the DSE is bad or not. This grainy overlying texture on the scree on a white screen is annoying.

Has anyone got an amazon fire stick or fire tv attached go this set, will either fit at the back of the tv whilst the tv is flush with the wall i.e. is there enough room in the cable managment part built into the tv?

I am considering getting this 65" version but had a couple of quick questions.

1. How long is the power cable? 2m? I read there were some issues about hiding it behind a wall to reach a socket.

2. I'm a bit confused by the video of applying the mount showing a recessed box, what's the need for this? Can I not just drill a hole in the wall where the HDMI cables come out near the bottom of the TV after running it through the cable management part for a bit? Or is the issue to do with the power cable being on the other side (so I'd need two holes in the wall)? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I've got a GX55 with the LG Gx soundbar connected via a hdmi cable and configured to use ARC.

This has been working fine since installation.

I received an update for the TV overnight.

Now ARC isn't working, only internal speakers on the TV.

Anyone else had this problem?

Has anyone got an amazon fire stick or fire tv attached go this set, will either fit at the back of the tv whilst the tv is flush with the wall i.e. is there enough room in the cable managment part built into the tv?

I haven't tried it but I suspect not, there's barely enough room for the cables. We use an Nivida Shield Pro for streaming / apps

I've got a GX55 with the LG Gx soundbar connected via a hdmi cable and configured to use ARC.

This has been working fine since installation.

I received an update for the TV overnight.

Now ARC isn't working, only internal speakers on the TV.

Anyone else had this problem?
I had this when first connected my sound bar but I went into sound options and enabled eARC.

Could also be the wall itself

new firmware should drop soon which fixes the VRR gamma and frameskipping issue.

Only issue remaining on this set which can't get fixed due to dolby is the rare black issues in Dolby Vision mode.
They can be fixed (albiet at the expensive of colour accuracy) by setting brightness @49 or contrast at 99/98 if you want to keep colour accuracy for anyone thats interested.

I had a firmware update this morning? Is that an old one?

I had this when first connected my sound bar but I went into sound options and enabled eARC.

Yes I had that problem when I first installed it. We got on the phone with LG. After going through a few things they got us to plug the Tv from the soundbar and switch both off for an hour.

Everything works again now!

I am considering getting this 65" version but had a couple of quick questions.

1. How long is the power cable? 2m? I read there were some issues about hiding it behind a wall to reach a socket.

2. I'm a bit confused by the video of applying the mount showing a recessed box, what's the need for this? Can I not just drill a hole in the wall where the HDMI cables come out near the bottom of the TV after running it through the cable management part for a bit? Or is the issue to do with the power cable being on the other side (so I'd need two holes in the wall)? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, i wonder if just the plain fire stick will fit?

Why not just use a USB extension cable and route it with the other cables and hide it where ever you can ?

general question.. how do u guys tune the GX to TVchannels? Never bothered as I don't watch TV but just wondeirng.. do i need to connect an aerial? lol..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom