LG OLED GX Owners and Discussion Thread

Thank you safcsat I really appreciate your reply. Does anyone know what this all means and if its true. I read it on a John Lewis review about the soundbar : *The included HDMI cable is a 1.4 spec cable that lacks the bandwidth to support advanced sound formats such as Atmos that it touts as a major feature. I had to order my own ultra high speed cable to fix this issue *

Not sure if I have to buy my own ultra high speed HDMI now? anyone recommend one please?

I've heard the soundbar has major issues, especially with its centre imaging in loud scenes. Can you not afford (space or money wise) to go down the separates route? It'd be infinitely better sounding.

I can but I prefer a minimalist home and didn’t really want speakers cluttering up the place if it can be helped. Plus arrived so cant change my mind.

Last edited:
Already got 2 OLEDs (EG920 Curved, B7) - thinking about a 55GX over a 55CX. I probably won't be able to fit it flush to the wall though, but still fancy the GX, as even on a VESA mount, will still look better. Has anyone just VESA mounted this, or just pushed it close to the wall if possible (even if cables dropping down, behind the set?)

Already got 2 OLEDs (EG920 Curved, B7) - thinking about a 55GX over a 55CX. I probably won't be able to fit it flush to the wall though, but still fancy the GX, as even on a VESA mount, will still look better. Has anyone just VESA mounted this, or just pushed it close to the wall if possible (even if cables dropping down, behind the set?)

Yes I have and it is fine but if you intend to put the cables into a wall cavity behind the TV it can be a bit of a faf if the bottom of the screen cannot be tilted up to gain access to the aperture in the wall. Here is a picture of my 65” GX

200A2219-BE3B-41F4-9FD6-B1EC5C0BBA56.jpeg

Yes I have and it is fine but if you intend to put the cables into a wall cavity behind the TV it can be a bit of a faf if the bottom of the screen cannot be tilted up to gain access to the aperture in the wall. Here is a picture of my 65” GX

View attachment 1366180

Nice set up :) My neighbour wouldn't be too impressed if I had that lol.....I would love it though.

Yeah, I just ordered my GX 77" but because in Cyprus where I live is coming only with order I have to wait probably by end of September or early October! The price here is €5499 and you get free LG 4K 55" entry level (€500 value). I can't wait to get that beast!

AppleTV app finally updated to fix that annoying issue where it kept stretching the image!

Hi is anybody else having issues with network connection on there LG gx. If I plug in an Ethernet cable I only get about 17mbs download speed. If I switch to WiFi I get about 65mbs. The problem I’m having is when I’m on WiFi it’s hit and miss if airplay works from my phone but If I switch to a wired connection it works fine.

Hi is anybody else having issues with network connection on there LG gx. If I plug in an Ethernet cable I only get about 17mbs download speed. If I switch to WiFi I get about 65mbs. The problem I’m having is when I’m on WiFi it’s hit and miss if airplay works from my phone but If I switch to a wired connection it works fine.

Probably asking the obvious but have you tried a different cable and/or ports on your router? Just to eliminate any of that.

They are still crappy 100mbit ports but you should get way more than 17.

Any ideas on getting the best picture settings? I’m a newbie to this game. Have a 65 GX

Also, any suggestions on setup. I plan on using the recessed bracket when I get a mate to help with fitting

Attachments

• 0E74EDF5-76A5-4488-96B9-EE21D6009A2A.jpeg
    0E74EDF5-76A5-4488-96B9-EE21D6009A2A.jpeg
    214.6 KB · Views: 212
Hi Guys,

I was going to buy LG LED55GX6LA, I have a soundbar which is Samsung HW-Q90, will that be compatible with this TV?

What I was going to do for the setup is have my new consoles plugged into the soundbar HDMI 4k passthough, or would I be better to plug directly into the TV HDMI?

Thank you

Random question if anyone happens to know: is there actually a difference between the GX and the CX (aside from the design and wall mounting obviously)?

I keep reading conflicting reports on the picture quality, with some places claiming the panels are identical and the only variances being minor ones you'd expect between panels, while other places claiming that there are consistent and significant differences between the panels (for example, the GX has better gray uniformity and wider viewing angles, whereas the CX has better colour / gradient handling and hitting higher nits / peak brightness).

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Hi Guys,

I was going to buy LG LED55GX6LA, I have a soundbar which is Samsung HW-Q90, will that be compatible with this TV?

What I was going to do for the setup is have my new consoles plugged into the soundbar HDMI 4k passthough, or would I be better to plug directly into the TV HDMI?

Thank you
Moved your thread into the owners thread. Does anyone own this soundbar and can offer any advice to this kind sir?

Moved your thread into the owners thread. Does anyone own this soundbar and can offer any advice to this kind sir?

If yo soundbar has E-ARC which I think it does the. Use the TV HDMI and this will give you the best audio quality and the easy functionality from ARC

Hope this helps

If yo soundbar has E-ARC which I think it does the. Use the TV HDMI and this will give you the best audio quality and the easy functionality from ARC

Hope this helps

sorry just last question I hope! would it make any difference if I plugged in a HDMI 2.1 from the soundbar to the TV EARC?

sorry just last question I hope! would it make any difference if I plugged in a HDMI 2.1 from the soundbar to the TV EARC?
Not really. That’s whole different project to get the best out of hdmi 2.1.

so just plug all devices into the tv. Have one canoe going from ARC on tv to soundbar arc

Hi all, I am potentially getting the 55 GX today but I wanted to ask a question. I have just been advised by RS customer service that the GX comes with a bronze finished posher remote than the normal magic remote. Is this true?

Hi all, I am potentially getting the 55 GX today but I wanted to ask a question. I have just been advised by RS customer service that the GX comes with a bronze finished posher remote than the normal magic remote. Is this true?
Comes with the normal plastic one.

Thanks, I thought as much. I have watched a few unboxing videos, sounds like they were trying to upsell me,ha thanks again

Yer I think they’re a bit confused, it comes with the basic Magic remote.

Yer I think they’re a bit confused, it comes with the basic Magic remote.
Thanks, I have gone for the CX, I got a good deal so couldn't justify the extra £400 for the same picture quality and I can use that towards a decent Atmos soundbar

I’ve noticed an odd problem with the in built Alexa and Google assistant on GX this morning while playing with my new toy and the far field microphones 😅. When I switch to use HDMI ARC to output sound to my AVR, I found Hi LG, Alexa and Google seems to stop working using the mic in the TV (works using the mic button on magic remote still).

Is this a known issue with far field mics when ARC is used on GX? I’m not too fussed about this functionality as already have plenty of other Echo, Assistant and HomeKit devices around, but it might affect some people. I’m beyond overjoyed that it works with HomeKit!
R

Thanks, I have gone for the CX, I got a good deal so couldn't justify the extra £400 for the same picture quality and I can use that towards a decent Atmos soundbar
I totally feel in love with the clean look and a uniform panel depth on the GX. The only downside really is needing to get it professionally installed for that sort of seamless gallery finish, but the end result is absolutely glorious!

I was going to go with a Soundbar underneath but in the end decided to skip the LGSN11RG due to its poor sound in some circumstances and the Samsung 950 as that has loads of issues with EARC and passing through formats. Plus they are both very expensive! I went with a KEF T305 system as the white flat panels look very low-key sound is amazing and it work with my existing Atmos AVR.

The only thing I really wish LG would ‘borrow’ from Samsung for this design of TV is the OneConnect box as having to feed all the cables upto it was not a great solution, and neither was cutting the power plug off it to feed it through the wall. I confirmed with JL and LG that this would not compromise either the warranty or my ability to return it if it developed a fault first but not having a power cable you can extend is a bit rubbish on a tv that demands a custom installation.

I also got the extended warranty from JL which covers burn in (just in case) but now it’s amazing and that’s me sorted for a good 5 years of inky blacks and frankly amazing HDR. It’s blindingly bright in this mode and I don’t miss the marginal extra light output from Samsung QLED. The contrast of the screen and the picture quality overall blows them away. I didn’t think there would be this major a difference having been a Samsung owner for many years, based on the reviews, but there you go.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom