LG OLED GX Owners and Discussion Thread

Trying to place an order for 77in GX PCWorld is saying 10 -21 days delivery. Not sure I wanted to wait that long. Does anyone have know of place that does delivery within 2 days ?

Might be quicker? I'd say it's unlikely anywhere will stock this size. Most places will be special order I would have thought.

Trying to place an order for 77in GX PCWorld is saying 10 -21 days delivery. Not sure I wanted to wait that long. Does anyone have know of place that does delivery within 2 days ?

I'm keeping a close eye on this thread!! I am planning on getting a GX in a couple of months when we move house. I could end up with a rethink and a CX if this becomes a big issue.

I can confirm that my set also has some wavy reflections on otherwise straight light sources. This has not affected picture in any way.

I can confirm that my set also has some wavy reflections on otherwise straight light sources. This has not affected picture in any way.

Ditto

I think news channels with their banners and bars prove this is not an issue.

Ditto

I think news channels with their banners and bars prove this is not an issue.
that's a very good point/test scenario actually! how's yours looking btw? watch some news yet? ;) I've ordered my 77gx and it arrives on saturday.

that's a very good point/test scenario actually! how's yours looking btw? watch some news yet? ;) I've ordered my 77gx and it arrives on saturday.

This is my 5th Oled and this GX is ..well.. an oled without the big arse at the back :)

Won't be happy though until it's been calibrated to stop me fiddling with settings :D

This is my 5th Oled and this GX is ..well.. an oled without the big arse at the back :)

Won't be happy though until it's been calibrated to stop me fiddling with settings :D
can i ask where you order your 77 GX from ?

Ditto. This is my first high-end TV and also looking to get it calibrated. Who do the forums recommend for around the Surrey area?

Interesting issue with my set this morning. Not a single HDMI source will work. No image on anything.

Thats:

Xbox one X
Sky Q
Apple TV 4K
SONOS BEAM (usually just shows Sonos screensaver)

I have had this sometimes with the ATV4K where it seems not to want to come out of sleep, then switching to another source always fixed it.

Pressing the sources button as well the sources are vanishing from the list of available sources, then coming back on another press.

Latest firmware. Going to try an old fashioned power off/on at the wall.

Edit. Full power cycle worked, hopefully a one off blip!

Hopefully, but seen this mentioned elsewhere, I'm sure just a bug, big firmware could be coming this month which hopefully fixes any issues people have.

Hopefully, but seen this mentioned elsewhere, I'm sure just a bug, big firmware could be coming this month which hopefully fixes any issues people have.

Wonder what changed to make it happen this time, first time it has happened here (with all devices)

Wonder what changed to make it happen this time, first time it has happened here (with all devices)

No idea, touch wood Ive only had a few issues with hdmi and arc, first time my xbox had no signal, like you turning off tv solved it, also had a few HDMI control issues with my soundbar not turning on with TV, but these issue occurred when I first got the CX, not had any issues for 4+ weeks and in that time had few new firmwares.

By the way do you have quick start + enabled?

I turned that off, I don't feel its needed, the TV powers on fast and connects to internet quickly even with it off, if you have it on, I would recommend disabling it, can help with issues.

No idea, touch wood Ive only had a few issues with hdmi and arc, first time my xbox had no signal, like you turning off tv solved it, also had a few HDMI control issues with my soundbar not turning on with TV, but these issue occurred when I first got the CX, not had any issues for 4+ weeks and in that time had few new firmwares.

By the way do you have quick start + enabled?

I turned that off, I don't feel its needed, the TV powers on fast and connects to internet quickly even with it off, if you have it on, I would recommend disabling it, can help with issues.

Good call, I have it enabled, I will turn that off. This is the first issue I’ve had since the .60 firmware off the top of my head.

Good call, I have it enabled, I will turn that off. This is the first issue I’ve had since the .60 firmware off the top of my head.

Worth a try, having said that, my soundbar never turned on with TV today, off and on of TV fixed it.:facepalm::laugh:
But then that’s CEC HDMI control and we all know that can have issues. Hopefully any future firmwares solves some of these bugs.

Got firmware update 03.00.70 today. Documentation says it is meant to fix issue with eARC coming through as ARC.

I got my TV from John Lewis, looks like their 65 inch sets may be sold out tho :(

Installation wise, was just a local company I found on Facebook who were able to still work, with me out of their way and them keeping their distance etc... crazy times!

To be honest, wouldn't want to recommend them as I'm not happy with the install. They even charged me more for "doing the cables" and thinking about it after, that was if they were going to chase cables into the wall, which they didn't! So I will be asking for that extra back having had time to actually think about what they have done there! The cheek...!

*Edit* just noticed it's not even straight! Not in the middle, there is more space on the left than there is on the right. I can't remember when looking at the bracket if I can slide this left/right? Don't think so?! So that means it is going to have to come off completely and be put back on again. What a complete waste of money that was!
Nightmare m8 !!! I would be fuming :mad:

Figured i would post this for anyone who hadn't noticed both Currys and John Lewis are selling the 55GX for £2099 at moment

Figured i would post this for anyone who hadn't noticed both Currys and John Lewis are selling the 55GX for £2099 at moment
Nice...65GX price ?

Nice...65GX price ?

3199 at JL as well, you then have the option of the add-on cover for 5years accidental damage, including burn-in protection! Extra 140

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom