LG OLED GX Owners and Discussion Thread

Alright then, now we obviously HAVE to see the TV on the wall from all angles with some pictures! Congrats on the purchase, sounds great. I am still a bit on the fence comparing the CX to the GX (currently owning a C8): I wonder how much better the GX really looks on the wall compared to the CX as I tend to be surprised from Youtube and marketing videos that the GX really isn't a W8 / W9 / WX wallpaper thin - type of TV.
Hi!!

So I am pretty disabled and not a good picture taker. I dont have pictures from when the cx and gx were side by side but here are some from my phone. Please note. these pictures and videos do not do it justice. My phone is darkening them lol and completely ignoring my booming AVR / Speakers being driven by the Dolby Atmos coming from the TV.

I took side on side off images so you could see how thin and close to the wall it is and the picture is super super clear from the sides. Again my picture skills are horrible.

I tried to upload a video of Avengers Endgame buy it wont let me. Ill put it on one drive and share but again IT sucks compared to what I see and hear in my phone. Not even close.

Attachments

• 44C089A0-D082-46E4-8466-E6C3823FCD63.jpeg
    44C089A0-D082-46E4-8466-E6C3823FCD63.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 788
  • 9B636B97-1A90-40A8-8B61-A64AE82E2C01.jpeg
    9B636B97-1A90-40A8-8B61-A64AE82E2C01.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 806
  • 37BA5D26-6543-4D17-A58D-5977370E2D9D.jpeg
    37BA5D26-6543-4D17-A58D-5977370E2D9D.jpeg
    581.5 KB · Views: 845
  • EBCE67F2-50DA-4A69-A70C-41C8E0950A69.jpeg
    EBCE67F2-50DA-4A69-A70C-41C8E0950A69.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 737
  • 44736DE1-0572-4BA2-AC09-E2181B4AB3C9.jpeg
    44736DE1-0572-4BA2-AC09-E2181B4AB3C9.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 694
  • E63674D6-4C3B-4D2A-BED0-D9106FFE0BA0.jpeg
    E63674D6-4C3B-4D2A-BED0-D9106FFE0BA0.jpeg
    346.4 KB · Views: 710
  • F6800B97-714D-477C-AA41-C4E6A1CF085D.jpeg
    F6800B97-714D-477C-AA41-C4E6A1CF085D.jpeg
    357.3 KB · Views: 801
Does anyone know which cameras will work with the "home dashboard" function on these sets?

Looks like you can add LG ThinQ devices, OCF Certified or IoT (this is a bit generic so could mean a lot of things!)

Wowzer, this does look incredible - love how it fits literally on the money between the windows. Love the slim profile of it as well, might need to reconsider going after the C9 / CX then! Thanks a lot for those pics, this really does help in trying to get a feeling for the look of it compared to some polished youtube videos or marketing materials!

After some extensive testing I have concluded that the 4K 120hz 4:2:0 mode over HDMI 2.0 from a computet is not fit for purpose as there are some scanning issues. The image is cut off around on all sides despite the aspect ratio being set to Normal with Just Scan turned on. I verified this with other modes such as 4k60 and 1080p120 where they all display perfectly. As of right now, you are getting a somewhat scaled image on 4k120. I will upload photos in due course one I get this thing on the wall.

Hi, I'm considering the 77 GX but want to make sure I can get it flat against the wall at a reasonable height.

According to the diagram the recessed box needs to overlap with the area directly where the power cable exits the unit (see below link). Is there any reason why you can't run the power cable up the cable track channels and have it enter a recessed box further up the unit?

https://www.lg.com/us/PDF/Gallery_Series_Mechanical_Drawings_v4.pdf

Hi!! Look up at my post of pictures its physically right against the wall. Is that what you want?

Cheers!!!

Hi!! Look up at my post of pictures its physically right against the wall. Is that what you want?

Cheers!!!
In terms of fit against the wall yes. The issue is I have a recessed box already and if I mount the TV with the overlap, as LG suggest, it will be fairly high up the wall.

Update on my last post: Overscan issue with 4K120 is resolved by disabling ScreenShift in the OLED Screen Saver menu. My usage doesn't provide much opportunity for screen burn to be a threat so I'm comfortable turning that off to achieve a the full image.

The bug is back where my Sonos Beam stops working. Turn everything off, back on, no good. Press volume on remote and it shows the circle with the line through.

Raised this with LG as well and they blame......Sonos...obviously!

Hi!!

So I am pretty disabled and not a good picture taker. I dont have pictures from when the cx and gx were side by side but here are some from my phone. Please note. these pictures and videos do not do it justice. My phone is darkening them lol and completely ignoring my booming AVR / Speakers being driven by the Dolby Atmos coming from the TV.

I took side on side off images so you could see how thin and close to the wall it is and the picture is super super clear from the sides. Again my picture skills are horrible.

I tried to upload a video of Avengers Endgame buy it wont let me. Ill put it on one drive and share but again IT sucks compared to what I see and hear in my phone. Not even close.
The bug is back where my Sonos Beam stops working. Turn everything off, back on, no good. Press volume on remote and it shows the circle with the line through.

Raised this with LG as well and they blame......Sonos...obviously!

hi MEGFL/safcsat, are you guys using the original GX wallmounting bracket? Is there any screen reflection warping when the TV is off or in dark scenes? Today, I saw a GX in the store that used the original wallmount and the reflection in the screen from the front was slightly disturbingly warped around the area where the bracket behind it is attached (e.g when you have a horizontal bar of light reflected in the TV, that bar is not straight when you look at it head on in the mirror finish of the OLED, but instead is warped around the area where the bracket is attached to the GX. When there's colors on the TV it's not visible, but its clear there's some stress on the front of the panel due to how thin the panel is + the fact that all the weight is resting on a small bracket relative to the TV size.

hi MEGFL/safcsat, are you guys using the original GX wallmounting bracket? Is there any screen reflection warping when the TV is off or in dark scenes? Today, I saw a GX in the store that used the original wallmount and the reflection in the screen from the front was slightly disturbingly warped around the area where the bracket behind it is attached (e.g when you have a horizontal bar of light reflected in the TV, that bar is not straight when you look at it head on in the mirror finish of the OLED, but instead is warped around the area where the bracket is attached to the GX. When there's colors on the TV it's not visible, but its clear there's some stress on the front of the panel due to how thin the panel is + the fact that all the weight is resting on a small bracket relative to the TV size.

I will check and come back. Never noticed it, but not to say it isn’t there. Just watching something currently, so give me some time.

thanks bud

You are 100% right! It is absolutely warped in the area where the bracket is!

If I stand in front of the set when it is off and even just move along slowly my reflection changes (increases in size as its “pushed out” ) when I move past the area of the bracket.

Hmm! Now I haven’t noticed any issues with the image (yet) But I am assuming if the screen is not completely flat then there will be issues?

If I stand in front of the set when it is off and even just move along slowly my reflection changes (increases in size as its “pushed out” ) when I move past the area of the bracket.

Hmm! Now I haven’t noticed any issues with the image (yet) But I am assuming if the screen is not completely flat then there will be issues?

Not what I wanted to read when an hour ago my 65GX was delivered by JL.

I doubt very much it will cause any issues to the screen, after all oled can be rolled and bent.

To me it would entirely be about the aesthetics.

Is it that obvious ?

:( i was hoping it was just that one set problem. i went to another store to see another GX again and this time the warping was a little off to the left side of the bracket for some reason. I do not know if this warping is enough to affect imagine quality when viewing content, unless we're using rulers.... but it makes me uncomfortable and is pushing me back toward a CX.

I doubt very much it will cause any issues to the screen, after all oled can be rolled and bent.

Is it that obvious ?

its pretty obvious once you see it. but when there's a picture on, because the warp is gentle you won't really notice. that said, I don't know if straight lines on a picture/video would have the same warping because normal moving video content don't consist of straight lines, although i'm sure there maybe scenes with ceilings etc that possible do.
the lg demo i see in the store doesn't have that kinda footage, so we would need the help of someone who owns one of these and has mounted it using the gx bracket to tell us. it also seems to only affect sets that have been mounted using the lg bracket, which almost noone of the reviewers do.

Is it that obvious ?

It isn't that obvious, I haven't noticed until I read the comment on here. I had to stand and move around with the TV off to see my reflection and then see how it is affected by the mount.

When it is on, never noticed it. When it is off, never noticed it. Until I read on here - so I wouldn't worry mate. I've watched it all morning and looked at different angles, don't notice any issues at all.

You have just got yourself an AMAZING TV!

:( i was hoping it was just that one set problem. i went to another store to see another GX again and this time the warping was a little off to the left side of the bracket for some reason. I do not know if this warping is enough to affect imagine quality when viewing content, unless we're using rulers.... but it makes me uncomfortable and is pushing me back toward a CX.

I don't see any issues with viewing mate, been looking out for it now. The fact I haven't noticed in a few weeks of owning as well speaks volumes, you have to really look for it and even then, it's probably not enough to even come close to affecting image quality I would say now.

don't get me wrong i'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here. i'm literally torn between cx and gx myself and i'm trying to convince myself it doesn't affect the picture. thought the gx was a done deal for me until i noticed this. and i actually think now it might not be bracket related. i noticed this at the bottom as well. the CX doesn't exhibit this. i think its just how the various parts of the tv press against the front panel slightly given that its such a thin panel with all the heated circuitry compressed.

in this photo, the the light in the bottom circled area is actually a straight line. there is a CX mounted literally right below this TV and it doesn't have the same distortions.

Attachments

• gx.jpg
    gx.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 1,050
Trying to place an order for 77in GX PCWorld is saying 10 -21 days delivery. Not sure I wanted to wait that long. Does anyone have know of place that does delivery within 2 days ?

The missing info button is a pain, but you can shortcut using the 3 dots by installing the LG TV Plus phone app, then just click the info button :) I use this on the C9, assuming it will work on the X series.
lg.PNG

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom