LG OLED GX Owners and Discussion Thread

Threads merged.

Hi guys, I live in Cyprus and the LG 2020 models just realised here, delays with Covid situation, anyway.

I'm looking forward for a huge upgrade from my old Oled 55" Curved 2016 model for the new CX or GX 77". Prices in my country is €5200 for CX and €6000 for GX. I will definitely wall mount my tv and I know GX has been made for that reason but is it worth it the extra €800 for that perfect flush mount or its just lots of money for that luxury and it will be ok with the CX on the wall? Obviously GX will look nicer there, CX is quite thick at the bottom....but I'm still thinking even if im let's say 65% sure to go for GX.

In one hand I dont want to spend €5200 and be disappointed and from the other I can save the €800 and purchase the new PS5 after few months.

Any advice? Thanks
GX for sure, but I cant look in your wallet...

I just want to say again:) that I am so happy that I ditched the 75Q950TS. 8K QLED vs 4K OLED has a very convincing winner and I'm so impressed with the GX every day. It is a beautiful piece of tech to enjoy!

I just want to say again:) that I am so happy that I ditched the 75Q950TS. 8K QLED vs 4K OLED has a very convincing winner and I'm so impressed with the GX every day. It is a beautiful piece of tech to enjoy!

I would love to join the GX club, keeping a close eye on that price though. Still barely stock of the 77 available, yet alone a price drop. Fingers crossed though.

I would love to join the GX club, keeping a close eye on that price though. Still barely stock of the 77 available, yet alone a price drop. Fingers crossed though.
Yeah i now what you mean mate, I'm just going to go for a 77" Sony ag9 now.. can't resist at the current price of £3999.
The amount of saving is to great to pass on, and still get an amazing tv with that Sony goodness :thumbsup:
going to recess It in the wall so will appear to be around 10mm to 15mm from the wall, so flusher than a gx :D

Yeah i now what you mean mate, I'm just going to go for a 77" Sony ag9 now.. can't resist at the current price of £3999.

I saw the AG9 being offered at that price last Friday as well, great price - but compared to the GX / CX, I just can't see the point in going after non HDMI 2.1 panels right now if 2.1 'only' sets you back another £1k or so...and thus going into another mindset such as 'might just buy the GX', lol!

I saw the AG9 being offered at that price last Friday as well, great price - but compared to the GX / CX, I just can't see the point in going after non HDMI 2.1 panels right now if 2.1 'only' sets you back another £1k or so...and thus going into another mindset such as 'might just buy the GX', lol!
Yeah I had to have a good long think about it.
I can't see me needing the use of HDMI 2.1 if I'm honest. (And I'm getting a ps5)
I only play single player games like assassins creed and there usually 30fps. So if 4K 60fps is the new norm for games like that Im sorted for years to come, assassins creed Valhalla will only be 30 FPS on the ps5.
60fps will do me grand for gaming.
Also won't take that massive hit of an extra £1500.
and Sony motion :love:

Now I am starting to think about it again, lol! Will keep a close eye on 'last gen' vs. GX then - think the US saw a price drop by 500$ already, so hoping that something might happen soon for the 77"

Now I am starting to think about it again, lol! Will keep a close eye on 'last gen' vs. GX then - think the US saw a price drop by 500$ already, so hoping that something might happen soon for the 77"
heh
Yeah it took a drop in the usa pretty much just after release.
I can't see drops like we have seen in the last few years, no stock, covid etc.
I just jumped on the hdmi 2.1 hype train a little quick, like I say I just can't see any situation where I would personally need it.
Maybe if I was a pc gamer or hardcore multiplayer but I'm a single player loner, like to play games at a nice slow pace and take my time :)
There doesn't look like there will be many 120fps games on ps5 anyway.. the odd few fast paced games but I'm sure they will still be amazing at 60fps. :)
I think they will be aiming for 60fps at 4k.
And then the Sony processing for films :love: Sony just seem to work magic for motion and upscaling, no need for hdmi 2.1 for films.
When I watch a film on a Sony Oled it gives of me that warm fuzzy feeling :D:rotfl: especially remastered older films, jaw dropping stuff with super vibrant colours without been saturated.

My 65GX arrives tomorrow, then the fun of wall mounting starts. The TV replaces my E6 that had screen burn, Curry’s gave me a gift voucher and the GX was purchased as a free replacement.

I have always been a purist in regard of picture settings. Normally any post processing goes immediatly off. With the LG GX, after extensive testing, I really like the AI Picture Pro and AI Brightness settings. For me it makes the image sharper, deeper, "crisp" etc. especially with regular HD content. Any thoughts on that?

My 65GX arrives tomorrow, then the fun of wall mounting starts. The TV replaces my E6 that had screen burn, Curry’s gave me a gift voucher and the GX was purchased as a free replacement.

And here it is wall mounted in all its glory lol.
25D308CA-EF09-4D82-8763-7B16D2A665CD.jpeg

TV looks big before getting on the wall but somehow seems to shrink when it is installed, thinking the 77” is required which is a possibility as I have one on order for the main living area, I could swap them around, I’ll wait until it arrives and then decide. The 65” is mounted on a low profile vesa mount as the wall mounting bracket that came with the TV just happens to lie where I have a mains outlet on the wall doh!! , however, it is still pretty close to the wall and I have used the mains outlet to power the TV, there was just enough clearance to get the plug in. I could not re position the TV as the cable exit from the wall would be visible or not accessible. It was a bit of a faf getting there cables through the wall cavity and the mains cable is attached which again is not compatible with a narrow wall cavity gap, silly really that it is not detachable - I did unscrew the bottom of the TV where the cable exits but the connection to the electronics, I presume via a connector was not accessible - the solution would be to cut the mains plug off and feed the wires through the cavity and then add a new plug to the cable. Anyway, all up now and looking good.

And here it is wall mounted in all its glory lol.View attachment 1356267

TV looks big before getting on the wall but somehow seems to shrink when it is installed, thinking the 77” is required which is a possibility as I have one on order for the main living area, I could swap them around, I’ll wait until it arrives and then decide. The 65” is mounted on a low profile vesa mount as the wall mounting bracket that came with the TV just happens to lie where I have a mains outlet on the wall doh!! , however, it is still pretty close to the wall and I have used the mains outlet to power the TV, there was just enough clearance to get the plug in. I could not re position the TV as the cable exit from the wall would be visible or not accessible. It was a bit of a faf getting there cables through the wall cavity and the mains cable is attached which again is not compatible with a narrow wall cavity gap, silly really that it is not detachable - I did unscrew the bottom of the TV where the cable exits but the connection to the electronics, I presume via a connector was not accessible - the solution would be to cut the mains plug off and feed the wires through the cavity and then add a new plug to the cable. Anyway, all up now and looking good.
looking good mate :thumbsup:
77 would fit there nicely :)

And here it is wall mounted in all its glory lol.View attachment 1356267

Nice hifi too! I also have a Focal / GX combo :)

No tv would look big next to them speakers anyway :rotfl:

They are not big compared to some speakers, Focal do some that are taller than me and I’m 6’ but I wouldn’t get them in the room and besides they cost well over £100k for a pair!! Doh, I would need to win the lottery to buy a bigger house to accommodate them and the electronics necessary to drive them LOL.

They are not big compared to some speakers, Focal do some that are taller than me and I’m 6’ but I wouldn’t get them in the room and besides they cost well over £100k for a pair!! Doh, I would need to win the lottery to buy a bigger house to accommodate them and the electronics necessary to drive them LOL.
My mrs would absolutely hate them :rotfl:

Hi guys just got my 65gx and installed to the wall. but i noticed that it's a bit curved/bent on the side?? cannot imagine its supposed to be like this,anybode have the same?

thanks
IMG_20200827_221758.jpg
IMG_20200828_095349.jpg

My 65” does not look like that but if I was being hyper critical it may have a very very slight bend in it on the right hand side of the screen looking at it head on but certainly not noticeable like yours and not something I can see with mine when I have it on the wall. Hope this helps

39974864-31AA-4771-A10B-B070E5618C05.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom