Question LG OLED GX Freesat help

waring192

Hello,

I picked up the LG OLED 65 GX just before I went into hospital with a bad leg, ended up being in 9 weeks but least my leg is still attached!

Anyhow, I normally use a combination of Plex/Kodi, HDHomeRun and TVHeadEnd but I thought I would try using LG’s EPG etc using the previous owners Sky TV dish. I connected the sat feed and selected Freesat etc and picked Astra 28.2 or Astra 22.8 (I think) but all it gave me was a load of crap shopping channels and nothing like BBC/Channel 4 etc? Is this because I’m trying to get Freesat channels from a Sky Dish and its maybe pointing at the wrong Sat?

Many thanks in advance.

Colin Glover

I just replaced my Philips for a 49 UN71006LB as the Freeview apps stopped working. On the Philips, I got over 700 Freesat channels (a lot duplicated), and 171 Freeview channels. On the LG, it was a case of approximately 130 channels for Freeview, and a similar number for Freesat. So I connected my old Sky+HD box up and got 240 or so channels. I'm curious as to why the differences on the same, untouched aerial.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
@Colin Glover : See my response to your other post. It's best to keep things in one thread, where possible, as you're covering the same ground on this occasion.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom