LG OLED G1 - One side of TV not sitting perfectly flush against wall

sessman

Novice Member
I just purchased a 65" G1 and hung it on my wall without issue. When facing the TV the entire left side sits perfectly flush against the wall. The right side however has about a ~1/2" gap between the wall and the back of the TV. The bottom left seems to be where the biggest gap is.

Other than the wall being uneven, can anyone else think of why this might be? Could it be due to how the mount was installed? It doesn't seem to be a cord issue as the one HDMI cable is flush in the channels provided.

Thanks for the help!

razy60

I just purchased a 65" G1 and hung it on my wall without issue. When facing the TV the entire left side sits perfectly flush against the wall. The right side however has about a ~1/2" gap between the wall and the back of the TV. The bottom left seems to be where the biggest gap is.

Other than the wall being uneven, can anyone else think of why this might be? Could it be due to how the mount was installed? It doesn't seem to be a cord issue as the one HDMI cable is flush in the channels provided.

Thanks for the help!
Can you post a picture? It would help.

sessman

Novice Member
As you can see the left side (if facing the TV) sits flush against the wall. The right side has a gap on the bottom. I am wondering if slightly adjusting the mount (maybe I screwed it in to the wall too tight on one side?) may help.
20211201_072240.jpg
20211201_072228.jpg
20211201_072215.jpg

fluxedman

Really tricky to say for sure, TVs are not always manufactured 100% the same, sometimes the back bezel can be warped and bent or slightly off. Sometimes even a bolt in the back of the TV is not flush so it causes it to stick out a bit, maybe even on the left hand side as you say. You would really have to take it down and investigate it properly to see what it could be, but no guarantee you could see what's up with it. The same applies with the mounting system, one bolt not tightened more or overtightened you can un-balance it.

You also say your wall might not be 100% flat ? maybe you can get a electric sander or sanding block and just sand it back a few mm.

To me however it looks awesome, you would not be able to tell from looking at the pics.

JayKay70

Maybe me but it looks wonky more than anything else, maybe you took the distance from your door frame/window frame to make a straight measure, if so bad move as most if not all door frames/window frames ain't 100% straight/vertical.

Still looks lovely though 🙂

mikej

I would have said it's more likely to be your wall that isn't flat than the TV, although it could possibly be an issue with the bracket.

The only way you'll know for sure is to take it back off and use something dead straight (like a long spirit level) to check the wall and/or lay the TV down on something you know is perfectly flat (like a sturdy table or kitchen worktop) to check the TV is OK.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom