LG OLED G1 Evo Owners and Discussion Thread

agree same here. mine is nothing like the OP's. Looks like a quality control issue on his.
I will try and make a different picture and the last one I have posted I think makes it looks worse than it actually is. I am no concerned about the looks. More like I am worried about the integrity of the TV, as I will be moving in a month.

I just turned my tv on and this pop up appeared, LG seems to be giving us 5 years coverage but I would be shocked if burn in is covered.

Link to warranty details, I see nothing about burn-in not being covered. https://www.lg.com/us/PDF/US_Final_warranty_card_210506-G1.pdfView attachment 1526228View attachment 1526230

You know what, I'm going out on a limb, saying burn in is covered! LG have been replacing screens affected, out of warranty, it's not something they'd mention, as they still want people to be careful.

Hi eveyone. Do you all have your Gamma set at 2.2 or BT 1886?

I like how inky black things look at BT 1886 but 2.2 is brighter. I'm honestly torn. What setting do u have it at?

Also my 65" LG G1 arrived today. Yay! 😊

So LG G1 is first oled in wich LG belive enafe to give 5 years warranty on panels....
I will consider maybe oled again afther this...

So LG G1 is first oled in wich LG belive enafe to give 5 years warranty on panels....
I will consider maybe oled again afther this...

Makes the G almost the defacto choice for high end.

Is there an obvious or not so obvious method of getting a 5mm gap between the G1 and my wall but still using the supplied bracket? Solid brick wall btw.
I know it sounds madness, "get a C1" but I'm sure I could live with a 5mm gap and it should allow all intended cabling to fit between tv and wall for right sided exit of all cables, which would make life a hell of a lot simpler and neater in my situation than trunking exiting from the bottom of the tv.

Last edited:
Makes the G almost the defacto choice for high end.
But why ?
Just about every shop online already offers a 5 year warranty or even 6 year warranty already, for any tv?
I don't get the excitement :rotfl:

But why ?
Just about every shop online already offers a 5 year warranty or even 6 year warranty already, for any tv?
Yea but not for "burn in" on oleds.
Thats why G1 is actually only oled i would buy....if LG belive in it than there is something new with that panel.

Yea but not for "burn in" on oleds.
Thats why G1 is actually only oled i would buy....if LG belive in it than there is something new with that panel.
Some serious wrong information about this floating about.. and a lot of people are going to get "burnt" one day by it.
no where at all does lg mention this covers "burn in", the only insurance that specify it covers burn in available in the uk is from John Lewis.

Some serious wrong information about this floating about.. and a lot of people are going to get "burnt" one day by it.
no where at all does lg mention this covers "burn in", the only insurance that specify it covers burn in available in the uk is from John Lewis.

As usual things could be spelt out clearer, but the follow up statement by LG says it covers burn in (static images) if not caused by professional use.

Don't forget LG have been replacing burnt panels out of warranty, hell even C1 owners will likely be ok.

As usual things could be spelt out clearer, but the follow up statement by LG says it covers burn in (static images) if not caused by professional use.

Don't forget LG have been replacing burnt panels out of warranty, hell even C1 owners will likely be ok.
I haven't seen the follow up statement from LG that say they cover burn in from static images, do you have a link please?

Im not caring about burn in myself, have been gaming on a c9 for 2 years with not a hint of burn in.

I haven't seen the follow up statement from LG that say they cover burn in from static images, do you have a link please?

Im not caring about burn in myself, have been gaming on a c9 for 2 years with not a hint of burn in.

Me too, but regardless it's a nice sweetener for any owner, or potential one.

Screenshot_20210613-140605_YouTube.jpg

Me too, but regardless it's a nice sweetener for any owner, or potential one.

View attachment 1527305

Yeah.. it still doesn't say it covers burn in lol.
like I said before,it will be a case of what person you get on the phone that day and are they in a good mood.
If LG cover burn in for home usage they should specifically say that, I'm sure it would be a good selling point for them so why wouldn't they spell it out.

like I said before,it will be a case of what person you get on the phone that day and are they in a good mood.
If LG cover burn in for home usage they should specifically say that, I'm sure it would be a good selling point for them so why wouldn't they spell it out.

It does say static images which is burn in, but as I said they are pretty generous with panel swaps as it is, so G owners won't have a problem.

It does say static images which is burn in, but as I said they are pretty generous with panel swaps as it is, so G owners won't have a problem.
Lol we will have to agree to disagree.
Don't get me wrong i hope its true and they do, but the above doesnt say it covers static burn in images for home use. :thumbsup:

Lol we will have to agree to disagree.
Don't get me wrong i hope its true and they do, but the above doesnt say it covers static burn in images for home use. :thumbsup:

We G's be like:

tenor (1).gif

I agree. Unless its in black and white saying burn in is covered then I don't trust it. Hate how they hide behind "normal usage". Who gets to decide what normal usage is 🤷‍♂️

But why ?
Here in the US we only get 1 year limited warranty, 5 years is rare for us.

Here in the US we only get 1 year limited warranty, 5 years is rare for us.
Yep great for you folks over in the USA, nothing new for us here.
From what I seen you still have to pay for labor charges though o_O

lg-jpg.3143971 copy.jpg

Yep great for you folks over in the USA, nothing new for us here.
From what I seen you still have to pay for labor charges though o_O

View attachment 1527512
Ya, I bought a Best Buy warranty. Covers everything basically, they typically junk the TV out since panels aren’t around after 3 years. They junked out my Sony A1E because the panel timer went out and just gave me all of my money back and said to recycle the TV.

So as I predicted all along, the issues with the LG OLED X and 1 series TV's sending all LPCM audio as 7.1 to the Sonos ARC are NOT a Sonos problem but an LG one: PS4 Pro outputting PCM via LG CX shows Multichannel PCM 7.1 for Sonos Arc, but rear surrounds have no audio | Sonos Community

Obviously Sonos unintentionally misled everyone by saying a fix was coming, however the fix is only for actual 7.1 audio to be down converted to 5.1. Not the problem with LG TV's where even if you send a LPCM 5.1 signal it comes through to the Sonos ARC as LPCM 7.1.

You can tell this is an LG issue, as by bypassing the LG TV and using a HDFury or using a Sony TV with eARC the issue doesn't happen. As is typical with LG support, they are totally useless and denying any problem. It really doesn't appear it's on LG's radar at all which means LPCM via eARC may never be working properly on these TV's.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom