LG OLED G1 Evo Owners and Discussion Thread

I think it's ok. Rtings also has it on their model and the GX model. I also have it but not to his extent and only on the lower "bar"

I have this single seem joint on my G1 as well, exactly like the rtings pic. Mine is a single seam joint, very clean. I think this is normal. Mine is also only on the lower bar. I am not worried about this. Looks absolutely clean and fine to me.

The OP has a double seam joint inside and outside in the same spot and thats why it is more noticeable. Maybe our inner seam joint is in a different location and thats why it is not noticeable?

Last edited:
I have this single seem joint on my G1 as well, exactly like the rtings pic. Mine is a single seam joint, very clean. I think this is normal. Mine is also only on the lower bar. I am not worried about this. Looks absolutely clean and fine to me.

The OP has a double seam joint inside and outside in the same spot and thats why it is more noticeable. Maybe our inner seam joint is in a different location and thats why it is not noticeable?
Yeah, the OP definitely has something wrong. It seems like he has a piece of inner bezel slip above the normal seam.
The normal way should be a single "more refined" seam.

Update on my eArch issue with the PS5 connected directly to the TV and passthrough enabled to my Denon X3500H (also eArch enabled). Its been about a week now I upgraded my cables to the amazon basics hdmi 2.1 cables and with QuickStart+ on I did have on one occasion some static noise with the PS5 passing through to my Denon, however after switching QuickStart+ OFF I have not had any problems for about a week now. Fingers crossed this has solved the random intermittent static noise that I was getting with the PS5 passing through LPCM to my Denon AVR.

So sorry if it's been covered ad nauseum, but what sort of eARC issues are people having?

Hey everyone,
I bought JBL bar 9.1 to my LG G1 but I can't get dolby atmos to work. I have a netflix account with dolby vision and dolby atmos content, but only dolby vision seems to work ( the icon shows on the top right corner of the screen). The soundbar is calibrated, I bought another hdmi 2.1 cable just to be sure and still nothing. Only dolby atmos dd+ shows on a soundbar. But when I switch to tv speakers dolby atmos icon shows on the top right corner. Does anyone have any idea what I can do? Thanks for help in advance.

Only dolby atmos dd+ shows on a soundbar. But when I switch to tv speakers dolby atmos icon shows on the top right corner.
I would assume this is ok, since your soundbar is reporting Atmos.
You don't see icon on the screen, as i think this is only shown when TV is doing actual Atmos decoding, which is not the case for you.
Are you sure it's not playing Atmos?
agree same here. mine is nothing like the OP's. Looks like a quality control issue on his.
To be honest i would never notice this, if it wasn't for that post.
It's barely visible for me, and you have to get really close to TV to see anything.

I would assume this is ok, since your soundbar is reporting Atmos.
You don't see icon on the screen, as i think this is only shown when TV is doing actual Atmos decoding, which is not the case for you.
Are you sure it's not playing Atmos?

To be honest i would never notice this, if it wasn't for that post.
It's barely visible for me, and you have to get really close to TV to see anything.
I read somewhere that atmos dd+ is compressed atmos, which is worse than uncompressed. Because I never had an audio system with my previous TV ( I used tv speakers) I don't know how "good" the sound should be. But I'm pretty sure it's not atmos since it displays atmos on the upper right corner when I switch to TV speakers.

But I'm pretty sure it's not atmos since it displays atmos on the upper right corner when I switch to TV speakers.
That's because when you switch to TV speakers, it's the TV that does the decoding, and it's indicating that with icon. If you use your soundbar, it's the soundbar that does the decoding, so TV is not indicating anything, but soundbar is (saying Atmos on it's display).

Just wanna ask a question about the Boost Mode that reduces input lag for gaming.

Does the boost mode have any drawbacks? If it doesn't, then why is boost mode not enabled by default?

Are people getting units in the US? I ordered a 77" G1 over a month ago and still waiting.
Similar in Netherlands. Ordered a 77G1 May the 4th (be with you) and they now expect mine to arrive end of June! Many shops are without stock now it seems… no reason known by the shop.

Hey everyone,
I bought JBL bar 9.1 to my LG G1 but I can't get dolby atmos to work. I have a netflix account with dolby vision and dolby atmos content, but only dolby vision seems to work ( the icon shows on the top right corner of the screen). The soundbar is calibrated, I bought another hdmi 2.1 cable just to be sure and still nothing. Only dolby atmos dd+ shows on a soundbar. But when I switch to tv speakers dolby atmos icon shows on the top right corner. Does anyone have any idea what I can do? Thanks for help in advance.
Netflix only does Atmos at DD+ as it is a streaming service not a 4k blu ray. TV won't show Atmos unless TV speakers are on. They shouldn't be on so this is fine.

TL;DR you're all good.

Just wanna ask a question about the Boost Mode that reduces input lag for gaming.

Does the boost mode have any drawbacks? If it doesn't, then why is boost mode not enabled by default?

Boost only reduces lag by a further 3ms, achieves it by forcing 120hz refresh for 60hz content, does not boost 120hz games. It's just a safety toggle, as they don't want to force 120hz all the time, and break their other features like BFI.

Netflix only does Atmos at DD+ as it is a streaming service not a 4k blu ray. TV won't show Atmos unless TV speakers are on. They shouldn't be on so this is fine.

TL;DR you're all good.

In the past I would agree.. I only saw Dolby atmos on my q90r once I played a movie on my Ps5 and had the Ps5 directly in the bar for lossless sound..

Now I have a a90j and use the same q90r connected by earc when I watch movies on Netflix. Certain movies with vision / atmos in the description (army of the dead for example) shows also dolby atmos on the bar.. So it seems like this is lossless too.

In the past I would agree.. I only saw Dolby atmos on my q90r once I played a movie on my Ps5 and had the Ps5 directly in the bar for lossless sound..

Now I have a a90j and use the same q90r connected by earc when I watch movies on Netflix. Certain movies with vision / atmos in the description (army of the dead for example) shows also dolby atmos on the bar.. So it seems like this is lossless too.
Netflix only broadcasts Atmos sound using Dolby Digital Plus as far as I'm aware. So it would say something like Dolby Atmos - Dolby Digital Plus on soundbar most likely. This is correct behaviour.

Netflix only broadcasts Atmos sound using Dolby Digital Plus as far as I'm aware. So it would say something like Dolby Atmos - Dolby Digital Plus on soundbar most likely. This is correct behaviour.

That's the thing, normal dd+ does not shows Dolby atmos on my bar. You can also change settings ( game mode, surround, etc) when you watch a lossy version.. If I would watch a lossless movie on disc it would be impossible to change, the same applies with vision / atmos movies.. I can't change the settings.. Is it lossless? I don't think so but the sound is an enormous improvement over the normal dd+.

Hi
Would it be possible to leave the tv out of the wall slightly if on occasion I wanted to slightly tilt the tv in one direction, or is the bracket not designed for that? If it would be ok, what is the max angle I could tilt it?

thanks
warp

tb1ozjww5g471.jpg
vkms1jww5g471.jpg

I got it this morning. Called LG and they had only just had the emails about it. They had a few people calling at the same time and had no idea how to action it and said it should just be part of your warranty but someone would call me back to confirm. There’s nothing on the UK site about it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom