LG OLED G1 Evo Owners and Discussion Thread

I am giving serious consideration to the G1 77 inch over the A90J which has no 77 inch .. but what I am waiting for is for how the G1 compares to my current tv , that is an obvious subject for a comparison video, as most vids are from across the pond so no Panasonic's 2000 to compare with ... I may be wrong but most vids comparing the G1 and C1 say that the G1 is brighter in SDR and not HDR, also the G1 PQ is crisper, sharper more defined over the C1.. but are those improvement a justification for paying the extra for the G1 over getting a C1?

Think they are all saying this but this is on paper. We are now seeing real world reviews from Ytube vids showing the G1 and C1 looking nearly identical, a good example here :- German C1 vs G1

if you set the auto translate and set to uk language he even says can't see any difference.

Still very early days, we know G1 is probably the best panel going but give it a few weeks and we should see more videos and opinions from the Av community overall. Don't think you would complain still if you went Sony or LG oled. Panasonics coming out this summer could steal the show even.

Hopefully get some proper reviews out soon mate,👍
Yes , reviews and the shop's re-opening will help in making my decision.

Using the G1 for the last couple of days and I have to say I was blown away by some of the HDR lighting effects compared to my previous OLED.
Anyone who is considering wall mounting, the TV is heavy. I got a guy in to reinforce the drywall just to be on the safe side!

How did he reinforce the drywall anyhow ?

My plasterboard is pretty old but its thick like 20mm, I just made sure my wall mount was drilled into 2 wall studs rest of the bolts were togglers. Had 15kg TV off 9 bolts so was more then safe.

Think they are all saying this but this is on paper. We are now seeing real world reviews from Ytube vids showing the G1 and C1 looking nearly identical, a good example here :- German C1 vs G1

if you set the auto translate and set to uk language he even says can't see any difference.

Still very early days, we know G1 is probably the best panel going but give it a few weeks and we should see more videos and opinions from the Av community overall. Don't think you would complain still if you went Sony or LG oled. Panasonics coming out this summer could steal the show even.
If there is no real way of differentiating between the G1 over the C1 PQ wise it's a no brainer for me to go C1 as I do not wall mount , the C Series leave a near no gap , so that deluge of cables are hid.. the A80J dependent on reviews etc may well figure

I do hope they are the same as I'd rather the c1 77 myself.

Very true mate ,it’s always nice seeing them in the flesh too
Being honest mate I usually buy blind, but not this time, owners on here opinions are also a help.. honest and accurate, warts and all.

Save a bit of cash mate :thumbsup: .
Yep, call me crazy but I also prefer the look of the c series, even when wall mounted, it has a much thinner black bezel and although its fatter off the wall than the gx it gives a smart floating effect due to its razor thin screen at the edges. And my bias leds would fit behind it without any issues.

At no place in my living rm can I see down the side/back of the tv so I wouldn't notice it's further from the wall, maybe if I could see it from side on every time I came in the room I'd go G1.

If there is no real way of differentiating between the G1 over the C1 PQ wise it's a no brainer for me to go C1 as I do not wall mount , the C Series leave a near no gap , so that deluge of cables are hid.. the A80J dependent on reviews etc may well figure

I think it'll end up with the G1 having a 50 to 100 nit advantage, but everything else will likely be extremely similar, both sporting the A9 Gen 4, after all.

I do hope they are the same as I'd rather the c1 77 myself.
Bottom line is unless you had them both in your home at the same time ,you would never know ,C1 it is then 😂,in stock at Currys as we speak

Bottom line is unless you had them both in your home at the same time ,you would never know ,C1 it is then 😂,in stock at Currys as we speak
The one in stock in curry's is the one with the lighter colour silver bezel and white plastic back 🤢

ef950 memory shudders

OLED77C14LB is the darker one with black back.

I think it'll end up with the G1 having a 50 to 100 nit advantage, but everything else will likely be extremely similar, both sporting the A9 Gen 4, after all.
Yep the G1 is going to be brighter , just how much, and is that difference worthy of paying the extra .. going from 65 to 77 inch is really my number 1 priority.

The one in stock in curry's is the one with the lighter colour silver bezel and white plastic back 🤢

ef950 memory shudders
And you are waiting on the C1 with the Macc tartan on the back.

Good old days ..............🥺
The most returned tv in history... had the repacking up perfected by the time I gave up trying to get one to keep.

Yep the G1 is going to be brighter , just how much, and is that difference worthy of paying the extra .. going from 65 to 77 inch is really my number 1 priority.

Think I'd likely opt for the C1 77, if I was going that size, if they are close! I'm definitely buying 77 next time, but that would mean a serious room change up :)

Last edited:
We had a price update earlier on this thread, the JZ651500 will be £2999 at launch :)
SO that is a surprise, Panasonic are going head to head with the A90J price-wise with the 2000 .. 1500 with the A80J , in that case, those going 65/55 have a nice choice to make.

But but but 65" and microstutter.
Very dependent on your tolerance of said stutter, I have no probs with it on mine, not saying it's not there, but compared to other issues id settle on that one.

Very dependent on your tolerance of said stutter, I have no probs with it on mine, not saying it's not there, but compared to other issues id settle on that one.
I have zero tolerance for motion stutter.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom