LG OLED G1 Evo Owners and Discussion Thread

samsungderby

Since these are now available to pre-order and i have decided to get one, i thought i would start a dedicated thread.
Really eager to see the reviews and see if the new Evo panels really improve pq beyond just extra "nittage"

lg-g1-social-crop.jpg

u07jrb

Yea, I pulled the trigger on this and got the 77". I'm currently a LG 65950EF which is 5-6 years old and still looks amazing but a bit dark in HDR (400 nits) and has a permanent Cbeebies logo burn in as had no burn in pixel protection back in the day.

Looking forward to this TV. Considered the Sony A90J but cant wait and I imagine it will be at least 1K more (looks more than 2K more for the 82" from what I can see). The slim profile of this is also a big plus and looking forward to seeing it on the wall.

Only issue I have is that you cant get HDMI 2.1 baluns at the moment so stuck with 18GBPS balun so cant get 4K 120Hz.
Also my cabling come in from the other side of the TV and I currently don't have a recessed box for the HDMI/Ethernet balun and optical over ethernet. I can put a recessed box in but I have to get my cabling across at least 2 studs. Think it can be done by chasing horizontally but I think I will wait for a professional to do it so I don't f up my wall.

Roll on mid April

Last edited:

n1ghtwish

Yea, I pulled the trigger on this and got the 77". I'm currently a LG 65950EF which is 5-6 years old and still looks amazing but a bit dark in HDR and has a permanent Cbeebies logo burn in as had no burn in pixel protection back in the day.

Looking forward to this TV. Considered the Sony A90J but cant wait and I imagine it will be at least 1K more. The slim profile of this is also a big plus and looking forward to seeing it on the wall.

Only issue I have is that you cant get HDMI 2.1 baluns at the moment so stuck with 18GBPS balun so cant get 4K 120Hz.
Also my cabling come in from the other side of the TV and I currently don't have a recessed box for the HDMI/Ethernet balun and optical over ethernet. I can put a recessed box in but I have to get my cabling across at least 2 studs. Think it can be done by chasing horizontally but I think I will wait for a professional to do it so I don't f up my wall.

Roll on mid April

Where did you pre-order from?

u07jrb

I went curry's. £4799 and 5 year warranty for 77". They price match so if anyone does it cheaper they will match it. Even 7 days after you get it.

Last edited:

techdiver

Can you fit this telly on a normal wall bracket that tilts and turns

The GX was VESA compatible, so I'm assuming the G1 would be the same but know way of knowing until there is concrete data.

From looking at the images it does appear to have vesa mounting holes:

large06.jpg

techdiver

I believe the included bracket has some wriggle room for movement too, but not tilted.

Smudger558

I have a very nice bracket holding my xe94 on wall so hopefully it will fit good wall brackets aren't cheap especially after stumping up cash for new telly

azurik777

Does the G1 come with the little feet included seen in YouTube videos, or where these some sort of 3rd party generic vesa ones?

AGrumpyCapybara

Standard Member
I've been waiting for someone to ask the same question on the G1 feet as I'm interested in the 55". I can't wall-mount it so it'll have to sit in the corner on a TV stand, but unless I can bring the feet in a bit instead of having to install them at the two corners, I'm going to have to get a desktop vesa stand. Anyone had experience with vesa stands?

samsungderby

I have a vesa stand for my c8 and it works great but make sure you get a good one and make sure of height and hole placement on the LG the first one i bought had the tv 1 foot in the air and was really precarious.

Last edited:

chenks

if you aren't wall mounting the G series then there really isn't much point in buying it.
you'd be better getting the C series instead.

ukjackbauer

if you aren't wall mounting the G series then there really isn't much point in buying it.
you'd be better getting the C series instead.
The G is the only one with the Evo panel, right? Wasn't this one of the first things LG announced about the new range?

chenks

The G is the only one with the Evo panel, right? Wasn't this one of the first things LG announced about the new range?

The G1 yes. However is the considerable price jump from the C to G worth it if you are turning it into stand mounted?

chenks

just saying that if you are getting the G series then it's designed to be wall mounted, so spending more money for the stand (as it doesn't come with one) seems a strange decision.

has there been any worthy review yet that suggests the EVO panel is that much better considering the extra cost the G series has?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Campfire Audio launches new Satsuma and Honeydew earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Amazon Prime Day 2021: 21st-22nd June
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim debuts Solstice turntable in special edition package
  • By Andy Bassett