LG OLED E8 Owners and Discussion Thread

Goonerdude

C6FF1439-94CF-401D-BB00-D2B4CC5220A3.jpeg9AEDA5C5-BB59-463E-9CDD-7A0873215AF1.jpeg
Looks like my E8 panel needs replacing big line has appeared over night running vertical top to bottom. :( Only purchased end of May 19 not happy be on the phone to JL in the morning.

Goonerdude

New LG firmware has been released.

SW File (Version 05.10.45)

1. Improvement
1) fix that playback doesn't work when setting YouTube speed to such as x2.

Not sure if it’s available OTA yet l download it from LG website they don’t always list all the updates contained in there firmware.

Installed no issues to report.

Yome

Standard Member
Hi All,

My 65E8PLA, purchased in August 2018, has some black horizontal lines at 3 different locations of the screen (bottom left, bottom right and center). They are clearly visible on Xbox's green start up screen or on a blue background (see attached pictures).
My TV is covered with Domestic&General. They will collect it tomorrow and they have adivsed that the screen will need to be replaced. They will let the insurance company know the total cost for the repair. Depending on the cost, the insurance company may decide to replace the TV.

Have you experienced anything like this before? Are these so called screen burns?

I will keep you guys updated, I have to be patient because I could be without a TV for 10 days or more.

Cheers,

Yome

Attachments

Garioch

Ouch. It is difficult to say whether that is burn in. Do you recognise the pattern? It could just be a fault with the panel. Fingers crossed for a swift recovery.

@Yome did you keep your box? Just wondering how your TV is getting collected. Thanks.

Yome

Standard Member
Ouch. It is difficult to say whether that is burn in. Do you recognise the pattern? It could just be a fault with the panel. Fingers crossed for a swift recovery.

@Yome did you keep your box? Just wondering how your TV is getting collected. Thanks.
Honestly I am not familiar with these problems, I am surprised this happens less than 2 years of use. But considering how OLEDs are so fragile then it does not come as a big shock.

Yes, I kept the original box and managed to pack it properly. Now ready to get collected.

Attachments

Yome

Standard Member
After two weeks, my TV was returned. A brand new LG panel was fitted and also a new T-con board had to be installed. TV is working well and the black stripes are gone.
Overall it was a really positive experience dealing with Domestic&General. I would invite all users to check if their TV has such protection. This can save you big time in case you have any issue in the future.