LG OLED E8 Owners and Discussion Thread

I'm also having the same issue on a 55" e8. Brighter left hand side and is showing in content unless I turn the brightness way down. I am also noticing banding in content

Oh blimey. Did that happen gradually?

Just over a week old. Noticed it pretty much straight away but thought a few auto cycles might clean it up but it hasn't unfortunately.

Reliant direct have been great so far but I don't know if I should just give up or try another one. I got it at a fantastic price so I'd probably have to wait until next year to try again as the cash back has gone if I go down the refund route

Just over a week old. Noticed it pretty much straight away but thought a few auto cycles might clean it up but it hasn't unfortunately.

Reliant direct have been great so far but I don't know if I should just give up or try another one. I got it at a fantastic price so I'd probably have to wait until next year to try again as the cash back has gone if I go down the refund route
Do you and @FarleyUK know the manufacture dates of your TVs?
Can't you just get a replacement rather than a refund?

Mine was made in August. I don't know if I can be bothered with the hassle of a replacement as it seems there's a few with very similar issues. Not to mention the faff of getting it all boxed up but then I watch the mystery box hdr demos and I'm blown away.

Do you get that in HDR as well as SDR? Mine seems to be in HDR only (so far as I can tell!)

Anyone with the same issue I have - try a static discharge. Just had JL tech support call me and run through it, and it's cleared it up!

Unplug the TV, and then hold the button on the back for 15 seconds. Plug it back in, should be clear.

@leighlad86 , give it a try!

Er.... I've thrown my box away.....
That's brave after just a week...:)

Anyone with the same issue I have - try a static discharge. Just had JL tech support call me and run through it, and it's cleared it up!

Unplug the TV, and then hold the button on the back for 15 seconds. Plug it back in, should be clear.

@leighlad86 , give it a try!
Interesting, or even very,very interesting. Static buildup?
Anyway if a cure is there, good news.

So you got yours from same place as mine then . Mine was collected a week ago and they still haven’t got it !

Bah, still have the issue. Just turned all the lights out and it was there!

E8 isn't in stock although the C8 is. Will wait until the weekend I think.

Bah, still have the issue. Just turned all the lights out and it was there!

E8 isn't in stock although the C8 is. Will wait until the weekend I think.
Yeah, I thought the sequence you noted was the one to force a cold boot of Web OS but as it seemed to have worked thought it may also be multi functional to cure a varierty of ills. Sadly that doesn't seem to be the case :(

I'm also having the same issue on a 55" e8. Brighter left hand side and is showing in content unless I turn the brightness way down. I am also noticing banding in content
similar to the Sony 900xf I just sent back and that's no oled! Very odd..

Attachments

• IMG_20181101_171246.jpg
    IMG_20181101_171246.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 148
Balls to it, ordered a replacement C8 for delivery next Tuesday, with a £300 refund.

Did you actually buy it from the shop ? If so that’s fine but if bought online and they delivered then they will collect it .
I bought it online and they will let me drop it off. To be fair to John he has been great so far. He has given me a few options about what to do next so I can't really grumble.

Hey all!
I'm recently considering to buy an E8 and combing it with a soundbar and I was quite affascinate by the SK10Y.
I can only see a little problem about LG 2018 models where the stand is really to low. E8 seems having about 1.4 inch stand height.

Speaking of the sk10y, it's about 2.4 inch.

I cannot do wall mount, other owners what have used to solve the little issue?

Thanks a lot!

Hey all!
I'm recently considering to buy an E8 and combing it with a soundbar and I was quite affascinate by the SK10Y.
I can only see a little problem about LG 2018 models where the stand is really to low. E8 seems having about 1.4 inch stand height.

Thanks a lot!

I have bought one of these stands.
Being delivered soon.

Tempered Glass TV Stand Cantilever w/ Swivel Wall Bracket 32-55" Plasma LCD LED | eBay

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hey all!

Thanks a lot!

I have a 5.1 system with mine and I keep the center speaker behind the TV. This might be ok to do with a sound bar also.

Only issue is I can see it through the glass so it breaks the floating picture illusion which i'm not too bothered about

This is the start of mad max on cinema home user at 40 for brightness

Attachments

• 20181109_193340.jpg
    20181109_193340.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 322
  • 20181109_193352.jpg
    20181109_193352.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 322

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom