6412E3AE-3FB3-4A5E-8A58-3E7E7E73B504.jpeg
672B7CD1-B303-4FE2-B5A3-84FBB4573EF5.jpeg
EEDB257F-F1B1-46CE-ACB2-FAB840A844E5.jpeg
E02E014C-A4FD-482D-A667-76640A1FB965.jpeg
105910E9-4496-4176-8E77-B23204393049.jpeg
9CE9B57C-81D3-49F8-884B-68D3D8E59A37.jpeg

doug56hl

Distinguished Member
I've an E6 and really like the on glass design of the E/G models.
But I don't like the clear glass at the bottom of the E8 one bit. A bit worried it will be reflecting light or allowing light to come through from behind it. I'd have preferred they had used dark glass instead. So far all I've thought of, if getting one of these, is painting the clear glass bit with blackboard paint which is not something I'd really want to do with a £4K+ purchase.

Last edited:

KevinRoy

Well I have a nice new 65 inch E8 sat in my lounge now, I had a 65 inch e6 previously and this E8 panel is gorgeous......well happy...any questions let me know!!!

KevinRoy

Yup to all, my panel looks fantastic the sound is pretty decent from that little speaker bar also, I don’t think it’s gonna set the world alight, however it’s not as Bad as the reviews made out.

It does feel more sturdy than the E6 did panel on my e6 was a little bendy shall we say it looked curved, this e8 one is straight as a die...

EddK

Any other owners of the E8 yet?

Would love to know if the uniformity is as good as the C8 crowds.

deon444

Distinguished Member
Any other owners of the E8 yet?

Would love to know if the uniformity is as good as the C8 crowds.
Same panel so would expect panels to be the same across the board,give or take the odd panel variance. I do like the e8 a bit more over the c8 looks wise so I will wait for a decent price drop if i decide to upgrade. But won't upgrade unless LG sort out the Dolby vision issues .

budgie55

Novice Member
Hi
Can any owners please measure the distance from the bottom of the stand to where the bottom of the screen starts (trying to see if my K950 sounds bar will fit without covering part of the screen). Looking at the 65” model please.

Thanks in advance

Such

I'll be joining this club on Monday when mine arrives. Can someone pls confirm the stand can be removed for wall mounting?

Such

just watched an unboxing video - does the clear glass bottom edge have holes in for the stand?

discomike

Standard Member
The the glass plate has no holes. The TV slots into the stand and is secured by tightening the rear screws of the stand which applies pressure to a plate which holds it all in place.

There is a protective cover on the glass to stop it cracking when attaching the stand. This can be removed for mounting.

Butters

also, I have this mounting my existing TV - will this be ok for the E8
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bracket-Sy...314342&sr=1-1&keywords=picture+frame+tv+mount
I had this mount on my old LG LM960. It doesn't work with my C8 as all the fix points are low meaning the panel lurches forwards. Imagine hanging a picture on the wall with the string lower than midpoint........

I ended up buying one of these from screw fix which works brilliantly -
https://www.screwfix.com/p/avf-tv-mounting-bracket-fixed-32-80/3509p

The same mount (but in white) is £80 in John Lewis.

Such

Received TV on Monday, finally got round to mounting it using this:
Sanus VML5

Was very straightforward disconnecting power lead to feed through my floating wall.
Is there a removable film on the rear of these sets? The front film was tricky to peel off - finding an edge.

Watched a bit of normal HD and netflix UHD DV Atmos last night, and have just one word - WOW!
Just using ISF expert - the picture was very reminiscent of my 9G Kuro. No comparison to what it replaced - a 2015 UHD Samsung. I've not got round to changing any settings yet.
The sound from the "soundbar" with netflix was probably the best I've heard from any TV speakers really effective, but great for normal viewing.
I just need to figure out how to get atmos from netflix to my Denon using ARC, which I've never used before.
When I enable ARC, I get no sound from the TV speakers when watching TV normally. Currently have TV speaker and optical connection.
I'll have to have a tinker and see what I'm doing wrong.

slarti

Novice Member
65 E8 working beautifully except there is no 4k content on the inbuilt Amazon Prime app. The Netflix app shows a Dolby Vision and Atmos logo no problem ?

discomike

Standard Member
RE: Amazon. The 4K stuff should be there, you just have to dig for it. There are often two versions of a show to find: a 1080P and a 4K/HDR version. The 1080P version tends to get prominence.

Such

I managed to find the 4k content on Amazon last night - as discomike just mentioned you have to keep scrolling to find "4k UHD titles".

On another note - is there a button on the remote that shows the resolution of what is currently displayed? I'm sure some of the content on netflix/amazon was not 4k but couldn't find a way to check. Thanks

discomike

Standard Member
For Amazon, it'll say 1080P or ULTRA HD in the bit of the info overlay near the running time.

For Netflix, you need an remote that has an 'i' button. The bundled remote doesn't have it. I Used the LG app on my phone to do it.

Such

Thanks I’ll have a look at the LG app. Just got to get to the bottom of sound drop outs over arc with Netflix & Amazon. Have premium hdmi cables coming later - hoping that will solve the problem.

Such

well new HDMI cables sorted the sound issues and I've managed to get the ARC working with Netflix via my Denon.

Is there one universal picture setting for all content - ie netflix DV, UHD blu ray HDR and sky HD?

Garioch

Well this isn't the thread I thought I would be joining but C8 shortages (coupled with my own impatience and a little bit of haggling) means that I'll be posting here instead. :) Looking to wall mount mine (65") when it arrives; going to read through the recommendations on this thread. :)

Yome

Standard Member
Does anyone else have the problem of the screen tilting backwards when using the supplied pedestal stand?
Hi,
I recently purchased the E8. I have the same problem as you, my screen is leaning backwards after installation of the stand.
I contacted LG and they told me it is not an issue and it is normal that the screen leans a bit (maybe because of the weight of the glass?).
Have you fixed yours? Do you have any tips to make the TV straight?