LG Oled E7 + Sonos Arc, how to let my truehd files play as dd+ atmos?!?

jimbo100

Novice Member
Reaction score
Guys, anyone here has ANY ideas for the following issue?!!

I just got the sonos arc / I was wondering what options i have here. The internal player cant transcode truehd to digital plus atmos. I have to select the second audio track which is not DD+ atmos, but just dolby audio 5.1.

Speaking about blu Ray files with truehd on usb.

I heard people hook their pc up and play truehd, then it will transcode to atmos. But that is not an option for me.

Do I really have to buy a nvidia shield with storage and upload my 50-70gb true hd atmos movies to that, and then use that player?? That one does transcode i believe? What is the best option here? I dont have the money to spend 200 euros on that atm:(

LG internal video player does not pass HD audio formats, the only solution is an external media player.

OSMC Vero 4K+ is around £100, that will play TrueHD 4k HDR content from USB. You must go into the system settings, audio and enable pass-through for TrueHD.

The other cheaper option is the Raspbeery Pi4 running librelec but this is still in development and not quite ready for regular person usage.

But what I'm not getting is the following: The Vero then plays the remux truehd bluray etc bluray rip and passes that signal to the tv in a normal hdmi port? And the tv passes the audio through the arc port to the sonos arc? But in order to get truehd through the cable you need earc to get that bandwith correct? So Im still stuck on not getting that truehd

But what I'm not getting is the following: The Vero then plays the remux truehd bluray etc bluray rip and passes that signal to the tv in a normal hdmi port? And the tv passes the audio through the arc port to the sonos arc? But in order to get truehd through the cable you need earc to get that bandwith correct? So Im still stuck on not getting that truehd

Correct the Vero passes the TrueHD audio over the HDMI and eARC passes that to an eARC compatible sound system.

The older HDMI-ARC standard cannot pass TrueHD.

The 2020 Sonos ARC (terrible choice of name) supports eARC but the only audio format of eARC it supports is TrueHD. There is no PCM 7.1 or DTS-HD 7.1 on the Sonos, it doesnt even support DTS 5.1.

Basically the Sonos is a Dolby only audio system. OSMC is based off Kodi and that does have the ability to convert audio in real time into Dolby 5.1, that might work on the Vero but I have not checked.

Correct the Vero passes the TrueHD audio over the HDMI and eARC passes that to an eARC compatible sound system.

The older HDMI-ARC standard cannot pass TrueHD.

The 2020 Sonos ARC (terrible choice of name) supports eARC but the only audio format of eARC it supports is TrueHD. There is no PCM 7.1 or DTS-HD 7.1 on the Sonos, it doesnt even support DTS 5.1.

Basically the Sonos is a Dolby only audio system. OSMC is based off Kodi and that does have the ability to convert audio in real time into Dolby 5.1, that might work on the Vero but I have not checked.

I did some digging!

Understanding Dolby Atmos From Supporting LG TVs | HD Guru

''LG TVs also now support the lossless Dolby TrueHD decoding format internally, but this must be delivered into the television over a non-ARC HDMI input for decoding internally by the television.''

But im not sure if theyre also talking about the 7 series on this point. It SEEMS like it but im not sure :eek:oo it seems to check out with the reddit users. Il get the vero! TV will transcode that truehd to dd+ atmos lets GET THIS BREAD

I did some digging!

Understanding Dolby Atmos From Supporting LG TVs | HD Guru

''LG TVs also now support the lossless Dolby TrueHD decoding format internally, but this must be delivered into the television over a non-ARC HDMI input for decoding internally by the television.''

But im not sure if theyre also talking about the 7 series on this point. It SEEMS like it but im not sure :eek:oo it seems to check out with the reddit users. Il get the vero! TV will transcode that truehd to dd+ atmos lets GET THIS BREAD

Your E7 does not support eARC you will not get TrueHD passed over ARC.

There are two forms of Atmos, DD+ used by streaming services and TrueHD used by Blu-ray, your E7 only supports DD+ over ARC.

To use TrueHD over eARC you need an LG 9 or X series OLED.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom