LG OLED CX 55 green tint problem only in HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color on Laptop with PC resolution in Nvidia Control Panel after a settings change.

Taineq

Novice Member
Reaction score
I was watching a YouTube video on my laptop through the HDMI port on my LG OLED CX 55". I was having audio delay and ended up in the HDMI Input Audio Format settings menu. ( I ended up in the wrong menu. The right menu was directly above this menu.) I clicked on the the drop down menu and switched to PCM. The screen turned black for a second and then came back on with a green tint covering the whole picture. It only occurs in HDMI Ultra Deep Color setting on the TV and only during PC resolution on my Nvidia Control panel, but when I launch a video game in HDMI Ultra Deep Color setting and PC resolution, the colors return to normal. My PlayStation 4 loads fine as well. It's only the laptop with HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color with PC resolution selected in Nvidia Control Panel. I've tinkered with the color settings in both the TV and Nvidia Control Panel with no luck. Not sure what's going on. Maybe I ruined the my RTX2060?

Probably a GPU driver bug.

1) Go into device manager and uninstall the LG monitor, then power off the laptop.
2) Connect the laptop to a different HDMI input and power on, change TV picture mode to game mode.

If it still persists
1) Go into the Nvidia GPU control panel and resolution select.
2) Override the default and select use nvidia colour settings, under colour format pick ycc444 8-bit and apply, see what happens.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom