LG OLED C9 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Thanks AB :laugh:
Another one for you how do you access the TV settings , i read on the Virgin Forum a way of getting the MR to work with the ViRGIN 360 BOX as below

What I did was go to the TV settings and select Connection->Device Connector

Select Set-Top Box/OTT, then select the correct HDMI port for the 360 Box.

When it asks for the Service Provider, type in Ziggo.

Then it tries to perform a test action, I had to select No it doesnt work a couple of times, then it worked.

Cheers
What do you mean by access the TV settings?

If you hold in the input button, should take you to the Home Dashboard, from there you can access universal control settings for each input if that's what you mean?

Thanks AB
It is the Button with the plug on :lesson:
will be interesting to see if this works , as "most people cannot get the MR to work with the new Virgin Box

Thanks AB
It is the Button with the plug on :lesson:
will be interesting to see if this works , as "most people cannot get the MR to work with the new Virgin Box
Yeah it only part works with my Q box, would rather use the two anyway 😊

Yes think i will give a it a go ..but not to worried TBH :laugh:
Do you have a Soundbar connected with yours AB ? , i have no room to place the bar on the same level as the TV so it would have to go on the shelf below, maybe a Sonos Beam Compact ? i presume it does enhance the sound to another level

Yes think i will give a it a go ..but not to worried TBH :laugh:
Do you have a Soundbar connected with yours AB ? , i have no room to place the bar on the same level as the TV so it would have to go on the shelf below, maybe a Sonos Beam Compact ? i presume it does enhance the sound to another level
I have my C9 mounted on a cantilever TV unit, which has a Sky Soundbox sat underneath so no issue for me.

If you need to raise the TV I believe some people use a shelf from IKEA, or buy a 3rd party stand

Attachments

• 20200926_154657.jpg
    20200926_154657.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 186
I do not think the Sonos Beam is Dolby Atmos compatible !, whether this really affects the Sound too much though.........

I do not think the Sonos Beam is Dolby Atmos compatible !, whether this really affects the Sound too much though.........
Not convinced with a Soundbar and Atmos, those who've spent a pretty penny might say different though!

The Soundbox is a definite upgrade over the TV speakers though.

Yes thats why i looked at the Sonos beam, still £300 plus but one of the cheaper models.......

Hi all,

All of a sudden our LG C9 that we watch using movies and TV shows put onto a USB isn't remembering the spot where we stopped. It used to always remember the exact spot to pick up from if we went back to finish off a movie or TV show.

Does anyone have an ideas what to do to try and fix this?
When playing the file, press the down arrow on the round scroller to access the play/ff/rewind... features, then click on the 3 dots on the far right. Next click the 'play' icon to select 'Resume Play: On'.

When playing the file, press the down arrow on the round scroller to access the play/ff/rewind... features, then click on the 3 dots on the far right. Next click the 'play' icon to select 'Resume Play: On'.

Ollie...I CANNOT thank you enough! Fixed and working again.

THANK YOU SO MUCH
:) :) :) :)

Started noticing a patch whilst watching content i the bottom left corner, checked and yeah there seems to be something appearing...
20210111_001532.jpg20210111_001528.jpg
Dreading the next 2000hr refresh, will either make it worse, as well as the slight banding I can see, or miraculously clear it up....

Is it worth trying to claim on it if it stays like that though...

Is it worth trying to claim on it if it stays like that though...
Has the regular 4hr interval auto refresh been able to run? That may fix it before my suggestion below.
If you contact LG about this they will most likely get you to perform a manual pixel refresh to see if that resolves it.

Personally I would run a pixel refresh rather than waiting until the next 2000 hours - this type of thing in the past as been resolved for other users by performing the manual pixel refresh.
Let us know how you go.

Has anyone been having issues with audio with Sky Q and a C9?

it’s hard to explain but voices are fine but background audio seems to fluctuate/drop out, it seems to affect live TV more...if I pause then play it seems OK again but I’m not sure if it is the Sky Box, the TV or my Q80 Soundbar (sky Q is connected to the TV then to the Soundbar using eARC)

Has the regular 4hr interval auto refresh been able to run? That may fix it before my suggestion below.
If you contact LG about this they will most likely get you to perform a manual pixel refresh to see if that resolves it.

Personally I would run a pixel refresh rather than waiting until the next 2000 hours - this type of thing in the past as been resolved for other users by performing the manual pixel refresh.
Let us know how you go.
I've not ran the pixel refresh, I'm tempted, especially if gets any bigger.
Has anyone been having issues with audio with Sky Q and a C9?

it’s hard to explain but voices are fine but background audio seems to fluctuate/drop out, it seems to affect live TV more...if I pause then play it seems OK again but I’m not sure if it is the Sky Box, the TV or my Q80 Soundbar (sky Q is connected to the TV then to the Soundbar using eARC)
Only issue I have is random split second audio drop outs, which is a Sky issue and under investigation.

Has anyone else noticed that their C9 is using internet data even when watching external sources?
I’ve noticed that mine is constantly uploading and downloading between 5-30kbps even when watching sky.
I’m aware of the Live Plus feature but I have that turned off.

The only reason I noticed it is that with everyone at home there’s more of a demand on our broadband so I was just seeing what devices were using up the bandwidth over the past week or so.

Will be running the pixel refresh myself once the football has finished. Got a vertical line running the length of the TV about 3 inches in from the right hand side, and from the line to the edge it's flickering.

Hope that sorts it out, otherwise it's a repair claim with LG and, I suspect, a new panel

Damn, still there. LG it is then

Has anyone else noticed that their C9 is using internet data even when watching external sources?
I’ve noticed that mine is constantly uploading and downloading between 5-30kbps even when watching sky.
I’m aware of the Live Plus feature but I have that turned off.

The only reason I noticed it is that with everyone at home there’s more of a demand on our broadband so I was just seeing what devices were using up the bandwidth over the past week or so.
Pretty much any device connected to a network will use bandwidth

Second one running now!
Mines started to develop a dark patch left corner trying to refrain from running a manual one for now though

The latest update for the c9 (05 00 10 i eu) has introduced a flashing white vertical line when connecting my c9 to a pc in 120hz. Has anyone found a fix for this issue or are experiencing it themselves? The issue only appears in 120hz and with rhe latest update installed

my cousin now with call of duty ps5 having the same problem with 120pfs lg c9

any news on that?

another firmware wait?

LG have confirmed it’s a fault with my TV - they had me run another 3 pixel shifts in a row, but no change.

Hope the next panel is as good as the one they’ll be replacing, had no bands or anything before this issue
FB4E719E-C6E8-47E5-AAB8-4979771BE456.jpeg

A question about connections...

I’ve got a c9, and the following:

hdmi 1: sky
hdmi 2: sonos arc
hdmi 3: firestick hd
hdmi 4: cctv cameras

With hdmi 1 (sky), I can use the magic remote to control the sky box.

If I plug the firestick into hdmi 2, I can control the firestick with the magic remote. (Obviously then, the soundbar doesn’t work)

I can’t seem to get the magic remote to control hdmi 3 or 4.

HDMI CEC device control is ON.

Does this feature only work on hdmi 1/2?

also - is there anyway to “use” hdmi 2 when using eArc? Or does it just do sound and display patterns from the Sonos sound bar?

many thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom