LG OLED C9 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Hello,

Fellow C9 owner here since June last year, purchased from John Lewis with the protect plus. I would really appreciate some advice regarding warranty claims from other owners who have had to do this, my second C9 has a problem with the screen, the first C9 was replaced in the 30 day window due to tint problems.
shortly after using the new C9 I noticed a hard stop line on the right of the screen in some content and using my PS5, I then went and did the usual tests to check, I have attached a picture to show the problem. I have since had a look through the owners thread and seen very similar problems on pages 88, 90, 131, 199, 234, 271 and 277.
I have tried the pixel refresh 3 times and have left the TV unplugged for a length of time as per other owners on here but to no avail. I have always had the TV in standby as recommended and feel enough hours have been put in now to see the problem is permanent. my question is what would be the best and next steps to take regarding the warranty claim, should I go direct to LG or chase John Lewis up first.

Thanks all

View attachment 1435042
I have the same cover plan, go to JL first. They will get on to LG. Probably a repair first if possible, a replacement if not.

I have the same cover plan, go to JL first. They will get on to LG. Probably a repair first if possible, a replacement if not.

Thanks for the advice,

I will get on to John Lewis to sort things out. looking back through here it was yourself with pretty much the same problem as me as I to have 65" with some tint on the left side.
The tint I could just about live with as it was barely visible in most content but the band on the right was just a little too much.
when watching this video the right hand part was a completely different shade up to the line in the grey and black level test.

I would assume that at that time JL still had stock for a direct replacement so looks like I will end up with a repair, hopefully just a panel replacement at home rather than being without it for a while at a repair centre.

once again, thanks for the advice

The latest update for the c9 (05 00 10 i eu) has introduced a flashing white vertical line when connecting my c9 to a pc in 120hz. Has anyone found a fix for this issue or are experiencing it themselves? The issue only appears in 120hz and with rhe latest update installed
I had flashing on the latest update - disabled live tv plus and sorting it completely- although can’t see the link - under general settings then additional settings

Does anyone use bias lightening. Is it worth doing.

Does anyone use bias lightening. Is it worth doing.
I do, would recommend it. Only use a 5m led roll, cost £9.99, there are far more expensive methods.

I use it mainly for gaming, and just general ambient light in the room when watching normal TV. Films I turn it off.

Hello.
First post on this fourm thow I have reed quite a lot here before.

I have like a week ago got thi issue with my C9 65 and ARC.
ARC just stoped working over night, has before worked perfectly until then.
Have restarted the TV, tried to install the reciver again but nope no sound from tv to reciver witch is Yamaha RX A3050.
I don´t know if it was excatly then but i upgraded the tv to the newest versin of software just days before this problem started so im guessing this has something to do with it.
Annyone more that has gotten this problem?

Yes happened to me as well. I upgraded last night, this morning ARC not working.

Did LG fix the raised blacks in DV on the C9?

Just watched Tenet (weird af) via google play movies, and didn't notice anything during the film, but when the credits where rolling it looked grey... dropped to brightness 49 and it was black as you'd expect!?

Morning All
Taking delivery of a 48in LG OLED tomorrow any out of the box settings i should use/take off straight away ? is A1 picture worth having on, all personal preferences i know but any little tips to get me up n running would be gratefully received. Also any calibrators working in the Hampshire area ?

Cheers
Arthur

Morning All
Taking delivery of a 48in LG OLED tomorrow any out of the box settings i should use/take off straight away ? is A1 picture worth having on, all personal preferences i know but any little tips to get me up n running would be gratefully received. Also any calibrators working in the Hampshire area ?

Cheers
Arthur
48in LG CX??

Be best in here if so;

Hello all,

could someone please help me. I’ve recently noticed my PS5, when turned on, would pass through audio but the screen would be black. Unplugging and plugging back in would bring the picture back to life.

I assumed I had a faulty PS5, however now it’s happening ALL the time. I plugged another device (virgin v6) into HDMI 3 and also tried a different cable - same issue.

before I jump to the conclusion the TV’s HDMI 3 port is faulty (is this a known issue?), I wondered if there is any setting that could explain why I’d get a black screen but audio feed via JUST hdmi 3?

Thanks

Hello all,

could someone please help me. I’ve recently noticed my PS5, when turned on, would pass through audio but the screen would be black. Unplugging and plugging back in would bring the picture back to life.

I assumed I had a faulty PS5, however now it’s happening ALL the time. I plugged another device (virgin v6) into HDMI 3 and also tried a different cable - same issue.

before I jump to the conclusion the TV’s HDMI 3 port is faulty (is this a known issue?), I wondered if there is any setting that could explain why I’d get a black screen but audio feed via JUST hdmi 3?

Thanks

Have you another cable you could test with. Black screen always seems to suggest cable. I know it's a cliche but just rule it out first.

Hello all,

Thanks
I’ve had this a good few times on the Ps5 too on hdmi1. Eventually it comes on (initially never patient and power cycled the tv.
Have also recently had the HDR banner for the PS5 sync and it’s come on faded SDR Ps5 dashboard. Again, power cycle tv sorted - I’m assuming all PS5 issues ....

I’ve had this a good few times on the Ps5 too on hdmi1. Eventually it comes on (initially never patient and power cycled the tv.
Have also recently had the HDR banner for the PS5 sync and it’s come on faded SDR Ps5 dashboard. Again, power cycle tv sorted - I’m assuming all PS5 issues ....
Interesting. The tv does pick up the HDR signal and tells me such. So weird then that it works one and not the other

Hello all,

Thanks
Hi, yep had this myself a few times on HDMI 3, used that port for a few years with Apple TV & no issues so I’m assuming it’s a handshake issue with the PS5, I have it on Game Mode. Often just switching to another HDMI input & back wakes it up I find, still not a great solution though.

Yes, mine is hdmi 1 always game mode.
Handshake issue only happened a few times with sackboy (and it’s my son who turned it on, so maybe the PS5 has been turned on before the tv), I always have the tv on first.
The black screen, hasn’t happened in a while but does happen.
Some other bizarre sound issues with miles morales, on headphones plugged into av receiver (the ps5 is direct to tv but use av receiver for audio output) the odd time (cut scenes) I’d lose primary audio and would only hear surround effects and not dialogue. Plug headphone direct into dualsense and no issue.
It’s early days for the PS5, so I’m blaming it’s niggles rather than the C9. Mind you, I hope it is, don’t fancy replacing the C9!

Hi all,

All of a sudden our LG C9 that we watch using movies and TV shows put onto a USB isn't remembering the spot where we stopped. It used to always remember the exact spot to pick up from if we went back to finish off a movie or TV show.

Does anyone have an ideas what to do to try and fix this?

Hey guys, is it recommended to turn up the hdr color setting passed 50? Some movies do seem a little light on the color.

Thanks.

Hey guys, is it recommended to turn up the hdr color setting passed 50? Some movies do seem a little light on the color.

Thanks.
I have colour at 55 for HDR

Another "silly question" ;) if you set colour say to 55 for HDR does the set keep these, or do you have to enter manually everytime ?

cheers
No such thing as a silly question 😏

Yes will remain on what you set it too, you can also copy to all inputs 👍

Thanks AB :laugh:
Another one for you how do you access the TV settings , i read on the Virgin Forum a way of getting the MR to work with the ViRGIN 360 BOX as below

What I did was go to the TV settings and select Connection->Device Connector

Select Set-Top Box/OTT, then select the correct HDMI port for the 360 Box.

When it asks for the Service Provider, type in Ziggo.

Then it tries to perform a test action, I had to select No it doesnt work a couple of times, then it worked.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom