LG OLED C9 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Still not getting Atmos from internal C9 Disney+ app, wonder if it’s weirdly rolling out slow, works fine from the Apple TV & other internal apps like NF or the recently updated internal Apple TV App, odd.:thumbsdow

Still not getting Atmos from internal C9 Disney+ app, wonder if it’s weirdly rolling out slow, works fine from the Apple TV & other internal apps like NF or the recently updated internal Apple TV App, odd.:thumbsdow

Some content is now Atmos whereas other content labelled as Atmos still isn’t. I tried black panther earlier which was streaming Atmos according to my Sonos Arc, but empire strikes back was still in Dolby digital 5.1

Interesting. I would be upgrading from a VT60 as well. How are you finding the oled in comparison? Is it brighter than our VT60’s?

Cleaner and brighter overall. I don't think it looks quite as natural as my plasma though.
The only problem I've had is motion is simply not as good. This almost broke me in the first few days but have become more used to it now.

Last edited:
Some content is now Atmos whereas other content labelled as Atmos still isn’t. I tried black panther earlier which was streaming Atmos according to my Sonos Arc, but empire strikes back was still in Dolby digital 5.1
Great shout, cheers for that, been through loads and had no luck but just tried BP & Atmos showing, certainly sporadic, at least is getting there.

Still waiting for John Lewis to get some more C9 stock in. Hopefully soon. Keep thinking maybe
Should just go for the B9 and put the saved money towards the extended warranty.

Still waiting for John Lewis to get some more C9 stock in. Hopefully soon. Keep thinking maybe
Should just go for the B9 and put the saved money towards the extended warranty.
why would they be getting more in stock mate? are they even still been produced now the X 2020 models are out?

why would they be getting more in stock mate? are they even still been produced now the X 2020 models are out?

Apparently so. Might be there last loud of them tho. They got another load of Samsung 90r online today. So hopefully I'll get a email alert.

Apparently so. Might be there last loud of them tho. They got another load of Samsung 90r online today. So hopefully I'll get a email alert.
don't suppose you know if they are getting any 77" c9s?

Newbie here, and I am a 3 month c9 owner. Here is my question, I am trying to do screen mirror from my Google Pixel 2 XL phone on my C9 tv, but my phone couldn't find C9 although they are on the same network. My phone is on wifi while C9 is connected to the router via Ethernet cable. Any clues? Thanks in advance.

Newbie here, and I am a 3 month c9 owner. Here is my question, I am trying to do screen mirror from my Google Pixel 2 XL phone on my C9 tv, but my phone couldn't find C9 although they are on the same network. My phone is on wifi while C9 is connected to the router via Ethernet cable. Any clues? Thanks in advance.
Think you need to have C9 on wifi.

Strange I've just checked now and it's definitely coming on on the home screen on the xbox when I change to that input

Mine is changing to that game mode straight if I have 4K/60hz as standard in my xbox settings.
When using 1440p and 120hz it only pops-up when starting a game. (which is my setting, Games are still in 4K and HDR)

Mine is changing to that game mode straight if I have 4K/60hz as standard in my xbox settings.
When using 1440p and 120hz it only pops-up when starting a game. (which is my setting, Games are still in 4K and HDR)
Are you pc gaming? Sorry seen its Xbox you are achieving nothing setting it to 1440p

Great shout, cheers for that, been through loads and had no luck but just tried BP & Atmos showing, certainly sporadic, at least is getting there.
The same thing happened with Netflix when they increased the bandwidth back up

Hi All, anyone know if you can get the TV to turn on with your voice? I. E with Google assistant? I know you can attach a chromecast and turn it on this way but would like to be able to do it without but not sure it's possible.

Mine has never worked properly lol. Not sure if I have the latest FW, will have to check later.
But I’ve noticed if I turn my sky q box off then my tv. Leave it off overnight then turn everything back on, the tv will not connect to the sky q box. As in I have to manually use the tv remote to select the HDMI connection my sky q box is in.
I mean with my sky q remote it will turn the tv on/off but as I said turning everything off overnight then turning it back on in the morning, I have to manually select the HDMI connection where my sky q box is.
Bit of a faff but can’t seem to get it working properly.
Mine does turn on the TV but the handshake often seems to take forever (OK , its few seconds but long enough to feel very slow) and occasionally I have to press another button on the Sky remote to get a picture to appear. This started after the last Sky Q update a couple of months ago

i found out that HDMI-CEC had been turned off lol, switched it back on and all was good

Hi

If using Atmos setting on C9, Avengers Infinity War and Empire Strikes Back showing Dolby Atmos.
However when using HDMI EARC to my Pioneer Amp, the amp shows DD+ 7.1 ?

Certainly seems louder than before but not showing Atmos badge on receiver. The same for Apple TV content showing Atmos as available.

I have the HDMI ARC set as auto, is there a setting I'm missing, or does anyone think I'm getting Atmos in all but name? Thanks.

There has been another update in the last couple of days to 04.80.03

My PQ seems to darken at odd times even though all the Eco stuff is off. TV was running sweet before that but only guessing they`re connected.

You can use Siri to turn it on. Not tried with anything else.
Thanks for pointing that out. Works perfectly and I didn't have to do anything to make it happen.

Why is it that something is strangely disturbing when it works flawlessly without you having to do anything? I feel like I've missed hours of painful setup somewhere. :D

Hi

If using Atmos setting on C9, Avengers Infinity War and Empire Strikes Back showing Dolby Atmos.
However when using HDMI EARC to my Pioneer Amp, the amp shows DD+ 7.1 ?

Certainly seems louder than before but not showing Atmos badge on receiver. The same for Apple TV content showing Atmos as available.

I have the HDMI ARC set as auto, is there a setting I'm missing, or does anyone think I'm getting Atmos in all but name? Thanks.

Set it to "Passthrough"

New owner to the C9! Been messing around with picture settings for SDR/HDR and Gaming SDR/HDR, how do these look?

SDR (Sky Q, Netflix)
OLED Light - 70
Contrast - 90
Sharpness - 10
Colour - 50
Tint - 0
Gamma - 2.2
Colour Temperature - Warm2
Colour Gamut - Auto

HDR (Sky Q, Netflix)
OLED Light - 100
Contrast - 100
Sharpness - 10
Colour - 50
Tint - 0
Gamma - 2.2
Colour Gamut - Auto

Gaming SDR
OLED Light - 70
Contrast - 85
Sharpness - 10
Colour - 55
Tint - 0
Gamma - 2.2
Colour Gamut - Auto

Gaming HDR
OLED Light - 100
Contrast - 100
Sharpness - 10
Colour - 55
Tint - 0
Gamma - 2.2
Colour Gamut - Auto
Dynamic Tone Mapping - HGIG

Not sure if the Contrast/Colour for gaming should match regular SDR (90 and 50) rather than 85 and 55, as Rtings.com suggests the 'base settings' but it isn't clear whether this is THEIR base settings or the base settings set by the Game mode

Sharpness I'm also really unsure about. Rtings suggests 0, but I assumed that 10 was the 'neutral' number for LG? I'd prefer to have a 'set it and forget it' style of setting rather than constantly changing between sources

Thanks!

I have a question that some here might be able to help with. I really want to go for an OLED, but I also want a size upgrade from my current 65 Samsung HU8500.

That means a steep price tag of £4,999 for the 77 CX. Oddly enough any 77 C9's that are still left over for sale are at the same price (don't know how they expect to shift them if the CX is the same price unless that person really needs DTS support on the TV). So my assumption is that the launch price of the CX is lower than that of the C9 across the board (I don't know this for sure, just guessing). This leads me to my next question. If I were to wait a few months do any of you see the price of the 77 dropping significantly? Do any of you know how much the 77 C9 was at launch and how long it took to come down in price?

It would be my dream TV, but at £4,999 I don't think I can justify it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom