LG OLED C9 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Does anyone know if you have to use game mode picture preset or can you use your preferred picture mode with instant game response enabled on the C9?

Does anyone know if you have to use game mode picture preset or can you use your preferred picture mode with instant game response enabled on the C9?

cool thanks, my tv is up to date.

Turning on my Sky Q box no longer turns the tv on, anyone else got that?
Mine has never worked properly lol. Not sure if I have the latest FW, will have to check later.
But I’ve noticed if I turn my sky q box off then my tv. Leave it off overnight then turn everything back on, the tv will not connect to the sky q box. As in I have to manually use the tv remote to select the HDMI connection my sky q box is in.
I mean with my sky q remote it will turn the tv on/off but as I said turning everything off overnight then turning it back on in the morning, I have to manually select the HDMI connection where my sky q box is.
Bit of a faff but can’t seem to get it working properly.

cool thanks, my tv is up to date.

Turning on my Sky Q box no longer turns the tv on, anyone else got that?
Mine does turn on the TV but the handshake often seems to take forever (OK , its few seconds but long enough to feel very slow) and occasionally I have to press another button on the Sky remote to get a picture to appear. This started after the last Sky Q update a couple of months ago

I’ve found a short press on power turns off the Q box and the tv, but a long press on the sky remote power turns off the AVR

Last edited:
I turn off auto power sync on my tv.
A connected device may turn on in the middle of night of its own accord, leaving a static image on all night (screen burn)
Happened to me (lucky no screen burn) apparently common.
brand-dark.svg
About our ads
You may also like

20200628_202554.jpg

Any help. Unless its iron fist only as only just noticed it. 4k youtube was working fine.

Seems to be some pixelation/distortion

Thank you

Ben

@beno148

Vincent said Netflix has halved its bit rate at the moment, so you will get more of these problems.
go to 4mins

Netflix is back up to full speed now.

Can someone please give me a link to the John Lewis extended cover page?

Now the LG C9 is out of stock it doesn't seem to list it on the page.

Also I know from what others have written above that Burn In is now covered but what else is? Is accidental cover? Say if my stand broke and the TV fell off would that be covered for example?

My Sky Q has stopped auto changing over the last week too. Always need to use the LG remote to select it’s input now

Not sure if anyone has this issue or maybe it’s just me.
Anyhow I have a fire tv 4K connected to my c9. It’s not the new cube but the one before cube. Now I know it doesn’t support Dolby vision, only the new ones.
Anyhow I’ve noticed a few times whilst playing Netflix and it’s using HDR, it stutters whilst in a scene that has a panning shot/scene.

Now using the built in Netflix app on the c9, it does Dolby vision and watching the same scene, I dont get the stuttering when a planning shot/scene appears.

Any idea as to why I get it on the 4K fire tv but not through the Netflix app on the tv?? Is it because Dolby vision gets rid of the stuttering whereas HDR doesn’t??

It’s rather confusing, the Netflix app doesn’t give the option to watch in HDR from what I can see unless there is a way to force it.

I mean it isn’t a huge issue really, I was looking to get rid of the 4K fire tv as prime, Disney + and Netflix are all on the c9 and to me it seems they are better integrated. At least with the inbuilt Netflix app, I get Dolby vision whereas with the 4K fire tv I only get HDR. Plus in my honest opinion Dolby vision looks much better than HDR.

Not sure if anyone has this issue or maybe it’s just me.
Anyhow I have a fire tv 4K connected to my c9. It’s not the new cube but the one before cube. Now I know it doesn’t support Dolby vision, only the new ones.
Anyhow I’ve noticed a few times whilst playing Netflix and it’s using HDR, it stutters whilst in a scene that has a panning shot/scene.

Now using the built in Netflix app on the c9, it does Dolby vision and watching the same scene, I dont get the stuttering when a planning shot/scene appears.

Any idea as to why I get it on the 4K fire tv but not through the Netflix app on the tv?? Is it because Dolby vision gets rid of the stuttering whereas HDR doesn’t??

It’s rather confusing, the Netflix app doesn’t give the option to watch in HDR from what I can see unless there is a way to force it.

I mean it isn’t a huge issue really, I was looking to get rid of the 4K fire tv as prime, Disney + and Netflix are all on the c9 and to me it seems they are better integrated. At least with the inbuilt Netflix app, I get Dolby vision whereas with the 4K fire tv I only get HDR. Plus in my honest opinion Dolby vision looks much better than HDR.

Someone with more know how will answer accurately soon I guess but I have found that some HDR content can stutter on my C9 whilst other content doesn't.

All the Dolby Vision stuff on the native Netflix app is great for me but using the native Prime app I've found Homeland in HDR can suffer from some stuttering.

Apple TV app updated, seems to of added ATMOS support, was that old new??, not used it in a while? my Sonos app is reporting ATMOS

Apple TV app updated, seems to of added ATMOS support, was that old new??, not used it in a while? my Sonos app is reporting ATMOS

I don't have ATMOS but did notice last night while watching a couple of trailers on the app my soundbar started to boom a lot more than it has ever done LOL.

Can confirm Atmos update is new. Goodbye Apple TV 4K. You have served me well.

Tempted to do this as well on my CX, if the app is updated on that as well, I only use my Apple TV 4k for Netflix and some purchased movies from Apple.

Take it no difference in PQ.

Hi everyone,

Just joined the brigade and grabbed a 65C9 last week, upgrading from a Panansonic 50VT60 plasma. My first OLED so not sure what to expect for uniformity but I've had it running long enough to do the slide test

Can any of you tell if mine's a good one or should it be sent back?

There is a thick band to the right of centre and some mild yellow tint on the left. I haven't been able to pick them out in content really. I did do the stress test on Marco Polo and I could see it but mostly because I knew it was there and it wasn't overly distracting.
I've heard that sometimes these thicker bands can reduce anyway with time? Is this true?
Anything I should use to check for the tint?

What do you guys reckon? Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 20200628_175948.jpg
    20200628_175948.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 20200628_175958.jpg
    20200628_175958.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 20200628_170732.jpg
    20200628_170732.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 100
Tempted to do this as well on my CX, if the app is updated on that as well, I only use my Apple TV 4k for Netflix and some purchased movies from Apple.

Take it no difference in PQ.
When I heard Atmos update was coming (expected it year end though), I sold my ATV last month for £20 less than I paid for it a few years back.
The only thing I miss is the iTunes extras (can watch them on my phone though).
I haven’t tested the update to see if it is now available, would be a nice bonus.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom