LG OLED C9 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Hi guys, my 65 C9 is arriving today from JL and wondered if any of you have taken up the 5 years protect plus @ £140? It specifically covers burn in so seems a decent price for what is the best part of a £2k TV.

I expect to use my 65 C9 around 80~90% for gaming which, going by your picture I suspect you will use it for gaming a fair bit too. Due to the fixed HUDs in games if it was a couple of years ago I would think it might be a good idea but from the C8 onwards I think burn-in is a non-issue unless your intentionally trying to cause it.

So, if it were me I would not pay the extra.... but you have to decide how much you want that peace of mind.

Hey guys, just got myself an E9 from RS. I have never bought from them before.

The TV come with 6 years warranty and I have registered with LG (which is for 1 year). Do I need to register anything with RS for the other 5 years? I think on their website they send you something?

I am guessing a lot of people here have bought from RS and from what I have read they seem to get good customer service, a rare thing these days IMO

The last full page of your receipt should have your Richer Sounds warranty - mine does.
Nothing extra you need to do.

They will have your order on their system, that along with your TV serial number is all you need.

Hi guys, my 65 C9 is arriving today from JL and wondered if any of you have taken up the 5 years protect plus @ £140? It specifically covers burn in so seems a decent price for what is the best part of a £2k TV.

From everything I've read, the chance of OLED screen burn seems to be reducing for each year of releasing new models. Obviously there is no absolute certainty, but provided you follow the advice, you will probably not have any issues.

From everything I've read, the chance of OLED screen burn seems to be reducing for each year of releasing new models. Obviously there is no absolute certainty, but provided you follow the advice, you will probably not have any issues.
Does make you wonder how doesn't it? I no there's the logo shift (not sure on the technical term) and the dimming of bright images (possibly a bit on the harsh side according from the sounds of that guy watching Ozark).

The last full page of your receipt should have your Richer Sounds warranty - mine does.
Nothing extra you need to do.
Thanks dude. I’ll check the invoice that was sent through email

Just had confirmation of C9 delivery Thursday, be good to see it against the Q90T I have and decide which way to go!

My 55" arrived today.
I hooked it to my av system (old one) and besides the calibration stuff, i only use 1 HDMI. TV Box, PS4, etc goes into av and then the C9.
Should i connect the PS4 directly to tv and optical from tv to av so i can set HDMI to my specs, just for gaming?
Note, i had a Panasonic P42V20E plasma (9 years).

Hi, I recently ordered the C9 on Thursday from John Lewis.

I'll be receiving the unit this Thursday and I'm excited to get it set-up, only thing I need help on is a benchmark to get my TV set-up picture wise. I've looked on plenty of forums and I understand each panel is different, but has anyone got a certain range for SDR, HDR, DV, etc that I should aim to be between and how I can go about adjusting it and know what to look out for, for example?
It's pretty accurate out the box all reviews have said so and you won't need to change much if at all

Does make you wonder how doesn't it? I no there's the logo shift (not sure on the technical term) and the dimming of bright images (possibly a bit on the harsh side according from the sounds of that guy watching Ozark).
I didn't have any issue on my c7 which was a TV only used for gaming and no issues on my C9 plenty of my games have static huds etc destiny 2 been pretty busy on screen and I've not had issues on either tv

Got my 65c9 coming tomorrow .
Coming from 55c6 which I'm gonna miss the 3d on.
Anyone else come from & c6 , guessing I won't see an amazing difference ?
One thing my amp is only arc I presume that means no atmos only Dd+ ?

My 55" arrived today.
I hooked it to my av system (old one) and besides the calibration stuff, i only use 1 HDMI. TV Box, PS4, etc goes into av and then the C9.
Should i connect the PS4 directly to tv and optical from tv to av so i can set HDMI to my specs, just for gaming?
Note, i had a Panasonic P42V20E plasma (9 years).
If you use optical you'll loose listless audio. Not sure if games are, but Blu-ray's definately are.

Got my 65c9 coming tomorrow .
Coming from 55c6 which I'm gonna miss the 3d on.
Anyone else come from & c6 , guessing I won't see an amazing difference ?
One thing my amp is only arc I presume that means no atmos only Dd+ ?

I went from the 55C6 to a 65C8 and the difference is very obvious, especially with near black. So I imagine the C9 will be even more noticeable.:smashin:

Hi Guys,

C9 65 coming tomorrow very exciting, couple of questions if you don't mind!

- what wall bracket is recommended?
- also I'm going to be pairing this with the Sonos Beam. And I've got Sky Q coming next month. Does anyone else have this setup and any recommendations around how to pair these altogether?

Cheers!

New C9 owner here.

What's the general consensus / views on the TruMotion settings?

I turned off the default setting almost straightaway. It was less aggressive than similar effects on other sets I've used but still added a bit too much of 'TV soap' feeling.

With everything completely off though I've found myself finding the motion a little more noticeable than only my old KS7000 LCD tv.

As there are User settings for De-Judder and De-Blur I was wondering what others are finding is a nice balance with them?
After a few months of trying different settings, I've settled with De-Judder 2 / De-Blur 0 for 24fps film. I found it to be the best balance that keeps the film look but smooths out a bit of the stutter/strobing of 24fps on oled. And yes, this "strobing" is more visible on oled than lcd, due to faster response time.

I went from the 55C6 to a 65C8 and the difference is very obvious, especially with near black. So I imagine the C9 will be even more noticeable.:smashin:

Oh cool , getting right excited now can't wait for tomorrow .
Bit nervous about dismounting & remounting, but looking forward to setting it all up & spending days getting all my profiles to how I want then . :-D

Just ordered the 65" C9 from John Lewis. I was always going for the 55" CX but looking at the vast price difference I couldn't justify the upgrade and would prefer the bigger screen size. Plus JL are offering a £100 gift voucher on purchases of this model! From what I have read and watched there isn't much difference between the C9 and CX anyway.

Now I have a long wait as we are moving house hopefully soon so it'll go into storage until we are all sorted. Absolutely cannot wait!!

I've read a lot about the C9 being future proofed for PS5 and Xbox Series X as it has HDMI 2.1 ports and supports VRR (and also G-Sync).

However I keep seeing people mentioning that the new generation of consoles will have Freesync and this is not something that the C9 supports. Is this going to be an issue when the new consoles come out?

Edit:

Upon further reading, my understanding is that both the PS5 and Xbox Series X will support HDMI Forum VRR, and this will be the standard. The LG C9 supports HDMI Forum VRR so there is no issue.

The LG C9 also supports G-Sync but not Freesync. However, even if the new consoles support Freesync, they will still support HDMI Forum VRR as well, and so it won't matter for C9 owners.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Last edited:

i went from B6 to C9 - pretty significant upgrade - near black especially, more accurate colour first things immediately noticeable

i went from B6 to C9 - pretty significant upgrade - near black especially, more accurate colour first things immediately noticeable
So that means on previous oled gens colors was totaly off or what?...
And also 2021/22 oleds will bring "better" colors and then X series will have off colors...?

If its soo noticeable....

more accurate colour first things immediately noticeable

If you use optical you'll loose listless audio. Not sure if games are, but Blu-ray's definately are.
What do you mean?
And can i use netflix on tv and send audio to AV using optical?
This may sound dumb, but been away for too long

Just connected my new C9 to my computer (came from B7). I have input label to PC for HDMI1 and turned on Ultra HD Deep Color for HDMI1. Made sure just scan was selected. Energy saving off. Used ISF expert dark room. Sharpness 0 and black level high. Set pc to 3840x2160 RGB 444. Looks good.

I noticed the tv was set to 16:9 with just scan on. I changed it to original with just scan on. Is that correct?

Last edited:
What do you mean?
And can i use netflix on tv and send audio to AV using optical?
This may sound dumb, but been away for too long
Sorry my phone autocorrected :D. I didn't think toslink had the bandwidth for more than 5.1 Lossy audio. Arc used to be the same, but earc fixed that.

Is there any way to show picture stats ....resolution, refresh rate, etc ....

Considering an upgrade to OLED panel. I sit 2.6m away from a Sony 49" LCD, the majority of content I watch is FHD such as Freeview, streaming and Blu-ray. Ideally the OLED would upscale well for the content I watch while giving the option to check out UHD 4K. Wondering if it's worth getting a C9 55" or waiting for the price of the CX 48" to come down.

A C9 55 would just about fit but I'm weary of upscaling

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom