LG OLED C9 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Using the cable that came with the sky box, should I look to change then?
Have you had any luck solving your issue?

I am also having some lip sync issues between soundbar and sky q and would be grateful for a solution.

Is the consensus that's its a hdmi cable issue?

I'm connected via hdmi 2 arc from TV to hdmi arc on sl8y sound bar.

On sky q audio visual menu I have following settings:
Digital audio output hdmi set to dolby digital plus.
Digital audio output optical set to normal as not connected via optical.
Audio delay set to 0ms but can't seem to find a sweet spot using the delay via sky.
Optical delay set as 0 as not using optical cable.

On c9
All greyed out
Dolby atmos on
Ai sound on
Standard user
Ai acoustic off

Active:
Sound out set to hdmi arc
Digital sound out set to auto
earc off

Additonal settings:
Dtv audio setting auto
Av sync adjustment off

HDMI input audio format:
Bitstream.

As you can probably tell I'm not that savvy with audio so any obvious config issues please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Dan

Last edited:
What is it like sound wise. Is it a big step up from the tv.
How have you got it connected as when I had my Samsung qled and soundbar I had it connected via HDMI ARC with everything else connected to the tv and had sound sync problems when I tried Dolby Digital from my SkyQ box or my PS4.
Just don’t want to get one and have the same issue.
I returned them both because of that problem and went for the C9 instead and now looking for a soundbar.

Yes big step up from the TV.

As you can probably see from my previous post I'm having sync issues myself.

But hopefully with the kind help of people here I'll get it sorted and when/if I do I'll let you know.

Yes big step up from the TV.

As you can probably see from my previous post I'm having sync issues myself.

But hopefully with the kind help of people here I'll get it sorted and when/if I do I'll let you know.
I had sound issues when I had a Samsung tv and soundbar when using Dolby Digital.
That was why I returned it all and went for the C9.
What I found is when an external source is connected to the tv so the sound has to go via the tv to the soundbar, there was sync issues when external devices were set to Dolby Digital output.
No issue using the tv internal apps with Dolby sound and if I set the external devices to normal sound there was no sound issues, just when set to Dolby.
I was hoping it was just a Samsung issue but looks like it is with other manufacturer.

I am also having some lip sync issues between soundbar and sky q and would be grateful for a solution.

On sky q audi visual menu I have following settings:
Audio delay set to 0ms but can't seem to find a sweet spot using the delay via sky.

On c9
All greyed out
Dolby atmos on
Ai sound on
Standard user
Ai acoustic off

Active%
earc off

Additonal settings:
Dtv audio setting auto
Av sync adjustment off

HDMI input audio format
Bitstream.

As you can probably tell I'm not that savvy with audio so any obvious config issues please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Dan
If you connect SkyQ direct to the tv and the soundbar to the tv via ARC does the issue go away.
I had this issue with my Samsung tv and that was one of the ways to sort it but then I could not get my PS4 to work with Dolby sound without sync issues.

Yeah that's how I have it set up.

Soundbar connected via its arc port to the hdmi 2 arc port on the TV.

Sky q is connected to hdmi 1.

Also in regard to trying to find the lip sync sweet spot is it better to use the delay on the sky q box or the TV or should I match the both?
Sorry loads of questions

Nothing works grrr
Only time I can get a decent lip sync with sky q is to change hdmi digital audio output to normal then the lip sync is fine.
Weird I can only guess it has something to do with the dolby sound package being sent adding an extra delay to the handshake between sky q the TV and the sound bar.

Has anyone watched "See" on apple tv app?
Do you get a horizontal line randomly appearing across the top of the bottom black bar?

Nothing works grrr
Only time I can get a decent lip sync with sky q is to change hdmi digital audio output to normal then the lip sync is fine.
Weird I can only guess it has something to do with the dolby sound package being sent adding an extra delay to the handshake between sky q the TV and the sound bar.
I have this TV and the Samsung N950. I’ve got no lip synch issues on arc. Either on Dolby Digital or Atmos from Sky Q. Also no synch issues with Apple TV connected to TV and Dolby Atmos via arc. I DO get issues though with my second UHD player connected to TV using Atmos on arc. My main uhd player is connected to my projector and then into N950 so no issues though. I’ve not been able to correct it from the uhd player. Ever so slightly out and nothing I do helps. As it’s only used by the little one to watch his animation/CGI films on to the tv, I’m not so bothered. Still a little irritating though. Thankfully no issues with Sky Q or Apple TV using Atmos through arc. May upgrade eventually to get an earc soundbar, but I can live with it at the moment.

I also have Sync issues with the C9 and Beosound Stage. Not on internal apps and ATV. But normal cable tv, if i adjust Trumotion to 0 and 5 it helps. But not perfect. And only on some channels. As others say, adjusting to PCM eliminates the issues. Do any of you know if the cable to tv has any effect in changing. Is not broken, just a no name. 10m, I actually only needs 5m. However there was no problem on my Sony A1 OLED

Nothing works grrr
Have you tried SkyQ to the soundbar and the soundbar to the tv.
That was what I meant before as that stopped the sound sync issue for me with my Samsung tv but then I could not have my PS4 as Dolby because it was connected to the tv and had sound sync issues when set to Dolby.

I've just tried the above scene and it looks really poor on my B8 on 1080i, 1080p and 2160p. When I tested it on my Samsung 4K LCD (connected to my Sky Q mini box upstairs and therefore unable to do 2160p) it looked equally as bad on 1080p but on 1080i it looked really smooth. Leaving aside the Samsung anomaly, I am wondering if @google and @Andrew1472 are seeing the differences because you have the C8 and C8 which has a better processor than my B8. Food for thought......:confused:

@Andrew1472 and @google
I've finally got to the bottom of this. I tried connecting Sky Q direct to TV, instead of via my AVR. I was thinking that maybe my AVR was doing some upscaling when my TV is probably better at doing that job. I've now done the test again on the "Curb your enthusiasm" scene and it plays much smoother on 1080i compared with 1080p/2160p. I would prefer connecting via AVR (Pioneer LX 303) if at all possible as it resolves any lip sync issues, I just need to work out how to disable its upscaling feature! :confused:

On sky q audio visual menu I have following settings:

On c9
All greyed out
Dolby atmos on
Ai sound on
Standard user
Ai acoustic off

Active:
earc off

Additonal settings:
Dtv audio setting auto
Av sync adjustment off

HDMI input audio format:
Bitstream.

Thanks in advance
Dan
[/QUOTE
Found this post on another forum about sound sync issues

Looks like it is a known problem but with no fix.
Guess I will stick with the tv sound and not bother with a soundbar as it will only annoy me that I can’t have Atmos sound from any external source plugged into the tv coming out the soundbar without sync issues.
Although plugging an external source into the soundbar works for Atmos sound but I don’t think you get Dolby Vision that way. (although I may be wrong and miss read that)

If I disable AV-sync it helps on cable tv. So for now it’s ok. No sync issues with Netflix- Prime- ATV4K. Youtube still suffers. My settings is now: HDMI output- Passtrough and EARC on, AV sync off. Also real cinema is enabled alongside true motion for 0,5. Real Cinema and True Motion helps the speed of the picture. But turned to much up enables Soap Opera effect. So keep it low.

4K HDMI Cable 5M HDMI Lead-Snowkids Ultra High Speed 18Gbps HDMI 2.0 Cable 4K@60Hz Compatible Fire TV, 3D Support, Ethernet Function, Video 4K UHD 2160p, HD 1080p, 3D - Xbox PlayStation PS3 PS4 PC https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RX6FLS3/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_07wuEbMFZ0VQM

Just recieved this new cable to for my system, works perfectly with all my 4k sources.
At £15.99 it's a bargain for 18gb speed hdmi

I hope that cable is 18GBps, B is byte (nominally 8 bits) b is bit, So 18GBps is roughly 8 times faster. 18Gbps is only a litle faster than broadcast HD channels,

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
For those with sync issues, if ARC is enabled, try setting HDMI to ‘passthrough’ in the the C9s sound settings.

I find if you start tampering with sync adjustment, it may solve one problem but, give you several others with other connected devices.

Just received my 65C9. Love the TV, but having issues with sync when outputting sounds to my SL8YG Soundbar. I have it connected to the sound bar via optical. It’s ever so slightly off but enough to annoy me to death. Is there any setting I can do to change this? Or should I try connecting by HDMI? Any help would be appreciated. My last TV bought was 9 years ago, so the landscape is quite different now, feeling kinda lost.

Just received my 65C9. Love the TV, but having issues with sync when outputting sounds to my SL8YG Soundbar. I have it connected to the sound bar via optical. It’s ever so slightly off but enough to annoy me to death. Is there any setting I can do to change this? Or should I try connecting by HDMI? Any help would be appreciated. My last TV bought was 9 years ago, so the landscape is quite different now, feeling kinda lost.

Connect you’re SL8YG via HDMI input 2 “ARC” on you’re C9. Turn on ARC & set sound to Auto.

If you have an 4K player connect that device to the SL8YG every other device connect direct to you’re C9 so the audio is sent via ARC to the soundbar so you get Atmos via the inbuilt apps & any other device. The C9 will send a DD+ audio to the soundbar will then decode it to Atmos where there is an Atmos soundtrack.

Connect you’re SL8YG via HDMI input 2 “ARC” on you’re C9. Turn on ARC & set sound to Auto.

If you have an 4K player connect that device to the SL8YG every other device connect direct to you’re C9 so the audio is sent via ARC to the soundbar so you get Atmos via the inbuilt apps & any other device. The C9 will send a DD+ audio to the soundbar will then decode it to Atmos where there is an Atmos soundtrack.

why not set to passtrough?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom