LG OLED C9 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

ideal. Iv got an xbox one x too and when I go through the Netflix app the tv doesn’t automatically change to hdr or Dolby? Does yours do that? I’m been trying to figure it out

Also consider the source you are playing from. Had the same problem when playing from the C9 app which vanished when playing from my one x
The problem I have when playing Netflix via the Xbox One X app is audio delay on my Samsung Q90r soundbar, which is far more distracting than extremely rare scene that displays flashing. It can’t be adjusted out either; a well-known issue with the Xbox. I’m hoping when the eARC update for the Q90r is released next month it resolves the Xbox audio sync issue.

ideal. Iv got an xbox one x too and when I go through the Netflix app the tv doesn’t automatically change to hdr or Dolby? Does yours do that? I’m been trying to figure it out

You habe to Turner DV in in the xbox menu. Then it should recognize it

So I did all that and it now works although loads of the settings are now greyed out on cinema home so you can’t change stuff ie trumotion, colour gamet, noise reduction etc. That’s really strange yet the white flashing isn’t there when playing strangers things through Xbox

The problem I have when playing Netflix via the Xbox One X app is audio delay on my Samsung Q90r soundbar, which is far more distracting than extremely rare scene that displays flashing. It can’t be adjusted out either; a well-known issue with the Xbox. I’m hoping when the eARC update for the Q90r is released next month it resolves the Xbox audio sync issue.

I fixed this issue by turning off the auto low latency mode, variable refresh rate on both TV and Xbox one X and not using game mode on my C9. Might want to try and see if can disable those to any effect. Stupid, I know, considering those features were the reason I paired the one X and this TV together.. And I am not 100% sure it's a problem everyone can fix.. But in my situation it worked after googling for hours with no fix found I just started going setting by setting until I found a fix on my setup. Enable anyone of these 3 features cause the audio and video to desync for me.

My setup is Xbox one X with Bitstream out set to atmos, to the C9, and the C9, via hdmi port 2 (arc) back to a Yamaha rx-v581.

Still can't use built in streaming Apps because it crashes the TV but for now this setup works for me.

Last edited:
I fixed this issue by turning off the auto low latency mode, variable refresh rate on both TV and Xbox one X and not using game mode on my C9. Might want to try and see if can disable those to any effect. Stupid, I know, considering those features were the reason I paired the one X and this TV together.. And I am not 100% sure it's a problem everyone can fix.. But in my situation it worked after googling for hours with no fix found I just started going setting by setting until I found a fix on my setup. Enable anyone of these 3 features cause the audio and video to desync for me.

My setup is Xbox one X with Bitstream out set to atmos, to the C9, and the C9, via hdmi port 2 (arc) back to a Yamaha rx-v581.

Still can't use built in streaming Apps because it crashes the TV but for now this setup works for me.
Thanks for the tip Koros, I will test it out later tonight and report back. My system is set you exactly the same way. It would suck if the instant game response features are to blame though : /

I have an E9 and xbox one x , apple tv 4k - I don’t seem to have any issues Netflix switches automatically to dolby vision sound/ vision ... i am using the new 2.1 Belkin cables that work a treat from amazon (cables support 4k @120hz )
One question though re xbox one x the 4k 120 hz option still greyed out / not available- they said previously this was limitation of hdmi2.0 - why then is 1440p at 120hz the max i can get - please don’t reply no games support it etc ...just from a purely technical point - any insight?

Does anyone have the setup working flawlessly?

By this I mean several things:
-Does eARC work without any lip-sync issues on internal apps?

-Can you connect Xbox One X direct to TV for VRR and passthrough Atmos audio to receiver without issue (also relevant for next Xbox/PS5)

-Any PC gamers confirm that 4K at 120fps actually works?

What do you think about my 5% grey. Is this ok?
What about the white. I feel a light reddish taint. Wod be interested in your experts opinion.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20190728_220355.jpg
    20190728_220355.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 272
  • 20190728_220422.jpg
    20190728_220422.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 283
What do you think about my 5% grey. Is this ok?
What about the white. I feel a light reddish taint. Wod be interested in your experts opinion.
Thanks in advance

5% looks really good but your oled light seems a little high. I see some red tint to the right. Try watching some golf or soccer to see if it tints the grass.

5% looks really good but your oled light seems a little high. I see some red tint to the right. Try watching some golf or soccer to see if it tints the grass.

Thank you very much. Haven't noticed this red tinted elsewhere. Will try again though.
What does it mean if the oled light is too high? Is it a settings thing or a panel problem?
Thanks again so much

-Can you connect Xbox One X direct to TV for VRR and passthrough Atmos audio to receiver without issue (also relevant for next Xbox/PS5)

I can confirm 1440p 120Hz works perfectly fine with no custom resolutions needed. It just shows up in Windows 10 under "PC" resolutions and in game display settings pages. I use it for gaming and its lovely and smooth.

However 4K 120Hz can't be fully tested as there is no way to achieve it on PC or anything else as far as I understand it. My RTX 2080 and even the new AMD cards don't come with HDMI 2.1 and the bandwidth of HDMI 2.0b can't handle 4K 120Hz.

My new 55C9 arrived and was wall mounted :)
So far so good. Noticing improvements in how black levels are handled. I tested The Witch and while my E6 would give a rather grayish picture, the C9 looks much better. Even something washed out like Solo looks much better. Dolby Vision is a major improvement. No obvious issues like banding, macroblocking, noise and such. I don't wanna test any slides tho. Motion is also improved vs E6. The only issue could be a slight yellow tint but from what I can tell, most users here have some kind of tint on their displays. It's not worse than what my E6 has. Finally, not had any comp cycles done yet so it may improve once the panel settles.
One question; what is the default sharpness setting for HDR10 and DV on this unit? I don't want to add any extra processing to the image.

I brought the 55" C9 yesterday and there is a certain film I want to talk about, some people have seen it others no nothing about it … Yep its the one around the back on the top half of the TV.:eek:

Does it `need` to be removed? The way I see it there is no vent holes in this area so heat is not going to go through the say 3mm plastic of the TV and then go `oh no we`re stuck behind this micro thick clear plastic lets build up the heat towards the TV now`.. :D

But hey maybe the knocks and scratches plastic film had to have thermal heat proof properties as well? :confused:

Thank you very much. Haven't noticed this red tinted elsewhere. Will try again though.
What does it mean if the oled light is too high? Is it a settings thing or a panel problem?
Thanks again so much

nothing, it's best to see your banding in a dark room using ISF dark with oled light 35.

Just got the new firmware, but no sign of HomeKit or Air Play 2.
Mine just updated to firmware 03.60.19 and no HomeKit or Airplay 2 either.

Me too, any idea what this firmware update is about?
No idea but maybe it’s in preparation for the AirPlay 2 / HomeKit rollout. I would expect there is a further update to come over the next few days or so.

Mine just updated to firmware 03.60.19 and no HomeKit or Airplay 2 either.

No idea but maybe it’s in preparation for the AirPlay 2 / HomeKit rollout. I would expect there is a further update to come over the next few days or so.
Do we het apple tv with this future update?

As @h107474 tells you ... The LG C9 at 1440 @ 120hz is a real wonder and it won't let you down.

And being able to play on a big TV at 120Hz is wonderful and it was unthinkable a few years ago.

I leave you some sample ...

About le 4k @ 120hz is another story ... there are also many people who are beginning to doubt if HDMI 2.1 is working or needs an update.

As the HFR that is not active and will come for update throughout the year.

----

About update 03.60.19 we still don't know what it does ... on any LG website or in its forum they comment on what's new.

As @h107474 tells you ... The LG C9 at 1440 @ 120hz is a real wonder and it won't let you down.

And being able to play on a big TV at 120Hz is wonderful and it was unthinkable a few years ago.

I leave you some sample ...

About le 4k @ 120hz is another story ... there are also many people who are beginning to doubt if HDMI 2.1 is working or needs an update.

As the HFR that is not active and will come for update throughout the year.

----

About update 03.60.19 we still don't know what it does ... on any LG website or in its forum they comment on what's new.

Damn i really need to start playing anthem. preordered it digitally and never got round to it. How do i access that secret 4k @120hz menu?

Well I do not see the red tint in actual content but on yellow and white or ligh t green test slides I feel that I can see it. Is there a fix for this?

Damn i really need to start playing anthem. preordered it digitally and never got round to it. How do i access that secret 4k @120hz menu?

haha ... that happens to all of us when we see it work. About the secret menu !! which do you mean? If it's the doom / anthem, I simply show the Nvidia menu at the beginning. xD

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom