LG OLED C9 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

can you return? would suggest that
Yeah, think its heading that way, what with that the juddering on all sources its doing my head in, tried Trumotion off but thats awlful, going to user doesnt have much effect up to 3 but then that doesnt look natural, watching Venom last night in 4K Bluray and the hospital scenes with the strip lights and they were all juddering/flickering like crazy, am I just being over sensitive? Even gone back and rewatched films that I watched on my AF9 and its noticeable, Also noticing lots of image retention are the two linked? Keep coming back to that damaged box and how that could of happened, But with this being 4th OLED this year I think I am going mad!

Last edited:
Yeah, think its heading that way, what with that the juddering on all sources its doing my head in, tried Trumotion off but thats awlful, going to user doesnt have much effect up to 3 but then that doesnt look natural, watching Venom last night in 4K Bluray and the hospital scenes with the strip lights and they were all juddering/flickering like crazy, am I just being over sensitive? Even gone back and rewatched films that I watched on my AF9 and its noticeable, Also noticing lots of image retention are the two linked? Keep coming back to that damaged box and how that could of happened, But with this being 4th OLED this year I think I am going mad!
If it were mine is be taking straight back to the shop if box was damage as you described with out even trying it.

If it were mine is be taking straight back to the shop if box was damage as you described with out even trying it.
Here's the box

Attachments

• 20190617_171512.jpg
    20190617_171512.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 395
  • 20190618_081021.jpg
    20190618_081021.jpg
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 351
Which firmware are you on ? I only ask as my stutter increased slightly on certain content when I downloaded the latest one.
Ahh that is interesting, I am on 03.60.05, not experienced any previous versions as I checked for updates after setting the TV up

Last edited:
I just bought a new 65" C9 (from Costco in the US), and I'm looking for recommended settings.

I've got a really simple setup, the TV, and two inputs, an Apple TV 4K and a Sony UBP-X800M2 Blu-ray player, directly connected to the TV. (Sound output is to a Sonos Amp via the ARC connection, but I'll eventually replace that with a good soundbar. I know, I know, but I don't have space for a full speaker setup. Right now I'm just concerned with the picture.)

I'd like to find details of recommended settings for the TV, Apple TV, and disc player, to get them all synchronized, and playing optimally.

I'm not much of an enthusiast or expert like most of you here, I'm afraid. This set replaces a 13 year old Sony XBR2 flat screen, and even out of the box, it's ... well, there are no words, right? But along with the dramatic improvements in picture quality, there's an enormous increase in complexity of connections and settings. So I'm just looking for idiot-proof guidance, not pointers at calibration tools I lack the experience to use.

So far, I've only found the settings at RTINGS.com, LG C9 OLED Calibration Settings, and those seem a good place to start.

Here in this forum there's been a few suggestions for settings on the Apple TV. The Match Content setting (set to enabled) seems universally agreed upon, but there was some disagreement about whether to set the Apple TV video to Dolby Vision or to 4K SDR.

Are there any good guides for just setting up with the basics, besides the RTINGS.com site?

Thanks much for treating me gently on my first post here!

I just bought a new 65" C9 (from Costco in the US), and I'm looking for recommended settings.

I've got a really simple setup, the TV, and two inputs, an Apple TV 4K and a Sony UBP-X800M2 Blu-ray player, directly connected to the TV. (Sound output is to a Sonos Amp via the ARC connection, but I'll eventually replace that with a good soundbar. I know, I know, but I don't have space for a full speaker setup. Right now I'm just concerned with the picture.)

I'd like to find details of recommended settings for the TV, Apple TV, and disc player, to get them all synchronized, and playing optimally.

I'm not much of an enthusiast or expert like most of you here, I'm afraid. This set replaces a 13 year old Sony XBR2 flat screen, and even out of the box, it's ... well, there are no words, right? But along with the dramatic improvements in picture quality, there's an enormous increase in complexity of connections and settings. So I'm just looking for idiot-proof guidance, not pointers at calibration tools I lack the experience to use.

So far, I've only found the settings at RTINGS.com, LG C9 OLED Calibration Settings, and those seem a good place to start.

Here in this forum there's been a few suggestions for settings on the Apple TV. The Match Content setting (set to enabled) seems universally agreed upon, but there was some disagreement about whether to set the Apple TV video to Dolby Vision or to 4K SDR.

Are there any good guides for just setting up with the basics, besides the RTINGS.com site?

Thanks much for treating me gently on my first post here!

Just stick to ISF Dark - which is the most accurate OOTB. No borrowed 'settings' can get any more accurate than this. Besides, the Rtings 'settings' incorrectly target 2.2 gamma, which is not our reference in dark room environment. The ONLY way to get more accurate than ISF Dark is to have your display calibrated with meter, software and generator.

So i've got the LG C9, Samsung Q90r Soundbar, and an Xbox One X.

I've setup eARC, and pass-through on the C9, soundbar is detecting dolby atmos, but the audio lag is terrible. Audio is about 1-2 seconds behind video.

Is anyone else having this issue? I'm not sure if i've done something wrong, or there's a bug! :/

Hi make sure your soundbar is on the latest firmware version that enables eARC Samsung added eARC via a firmware update in May.

Last edited:
Well RS have verfied my C9 is faulty, shame, there are features I like with the C9 but going back to Sony for my 5th OLED

Well RS have verfied my C9 is faulty, shame, there are features I like with the C9 but going back to Sony for my 5th OLED
What was wrong with this one? A black blob? I can’t personally see anything on the pictures you posted. Was there ever any full on?

What was wrong with this one? A black blob?
Box arrived damaged, then dark marks on screen, attached pic taken from Blue Planet II 4K Bluray

Attachments

• 20190617_171512.jpg
    20190617_171512.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 384
  • 20190618_081021.jpg
    20190618_081021.jpg
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 421
  • 20190623_210855.jpg
    20190623_210855.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 453
Desperate to get this TV but not at £3200. Once it hits about £2700-£2800 I will struggle to avoid placing my order!

I guess it’s just a waiting game! Could be a while

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom