Bobbob

Novice Member
A question about connections...

I’ve got a c9, and the following:

hdmi 1: sky
hdmi 2: sonos arc
hdmi 3: firestick hd
hdmi 4: cctv cameras

With hdmi 1 (sky), I can use the magic remote to control the sky box.

If I plug the firestick into hdmi 2, I can control the firestick with the magic remote. (Obviously then, the soundbar doesn’t work)

I can’t seem to get the magic remote to control hdmi 3 or 4.

HDMI CEC device control is ON.

Does this feature only work on hdmi 1/2?

also - is there anyway to “use” hdmi 2 when using eArc? Or does it just do sound and display patterns from the Sonos sound bar?

many thanks.

Joe C

Barney Gumble

I’d live to say nice spot - alas, I can’t. Was some preview on Netflix

I apologise for the levity but, it was the first thing that came to mind, ghost face from Scream, when I saw your image.

Fingers crossed you get a decent replacement panel:thumbsup:.

BenjaminOgden

Novice Member
Youtube App Help

Hey, Ive had my C9 for a year with no issues, I love it. I use it for watching YouTube a lot.

Over the last week or so, streaming of videos on YouTube has been really bad. Always buffering, can't really select anything over 480p without it being unwatchable.

What ive tried so far:

• Reset Wifi Router.
  • Uninstalled the app, re-downloaded.
  • Factory reset of the tv, reinstalled the app.

Still doing the same.

I know its not an issue with the wifi, or even generally with the TV as I can stream in dolby vision on Netflix no problem. Wifi on other devices in the house is fine. Im pulling 300mb download speeds.

Anyone got any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this issue with YouTube? Do we just have to wait for a YouTube app update?

Thanks

Joe C

Youtube App Help

Hey, Ive had my C9 for a year with no issues, I love it. I use it for watching YouTube a lot.

Over the last week or so, streaming of videos on YouTube has been really bad. Always buffering, can't really select anything over 480p without it being unwatchable.

What ive tried so far:

• Reset Wifi Router.
  • Uninstalled the app, re-downloaded.
  • Factory reset of the tv, reinstalled the app.

Still doing the same.

I know its not an issue with the wifi, or even generally with the TV as I can stream in dolby vision on Netflix no problem. Wifi on other devices in the house is fine. Im pulling 300mb download speeds.

Anyone got any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this issue with YouTube? Do we just have to wait for a YouTube app update?

Thanks

I had that last week, although it’s since sorted itself out. No idea on the cause I’m afraid - but hope you get it sorted

Joe C

Thanks mate, possibly an app specific thing then and nothing related to the TV. Did it just work itself out?
Yep, only thing I’ve done is a pixel refresh because of the other issue I’m having from a page or so back (which has been acknowledged as a fault and my panel is being replaced)

Last edited:

beerglass007

Can anyone help with a Plex server and C9 issue

I had it all working for over a year and then had to rebuild my Synology NAS 920+ and re-install Plex container [ server ]

Since then the LG C9 TV doesn't connect to the Plex server. Now I know the server is just fine as my laptop connects and also iPad/iphones

Its all the same network and nothing different or special about the TV. I've been reading loads of problems on the internet with LG TVs not working and having the same problem

I just can find anyone who had or has the problem and resolved it...all sounds like people gave up

Thanks

iNspectorgadJet

Can anyone help with a Plex server and C9 issue

I had it all working for over a year and then had to rebuild my Synology NAS 920+ and re-install Plex container [ server ]

Since then the LG C9 TV doesn't connect to the Plex server. Now I know the server is just fine as my laptop connects and also iPad/iphones

Its all the same network and nothing different or special about the TV. I've been reading loads of problems on the internet with LG TVs not working and having the same problem

I just can find anyone who had or has the problem and resolved it...all sounds like people gave up

Thanks
Maybe try reinstalling the Plex app on the tv and signing in again? Sometimes if you reinstall your Plex server the app might still look for the old one if it has the same name.

Tegs200

Hi
Does anyone use an external device to upscale when watching sd , sky q etc ? Would running something like an Nvidea Shield, Hd Fury look better than the built in upscaller or does it not work like that ? Thanks for any input.

stormlord

Hi all.

After the latest update to the TV im having some bad issues with my Series X,things like HDR not being on when in Game even when a HDR logo appears as game is booting in.Colours look terribly washed and ive tried every config available with the tv and the console but it looks incredibly washed making bright colorful games like Fenyx Rising horrible to look at and play.

Tried switching from PC mode back to Game Console mode ,different color bits and from PC range to standard in Xbox settings ,Hdmi black level from low to high and all HDMI ultra deep color and instant response is turned on too, and i have tried all Hdmi ports too,but no matter what its lost that wow picture quality factor and im snookered why this is.

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
Hi all.

After the latest update to the TV im having some bad issues with my Series X,things like HDR not being on when in Game even when a HDR logo appears as game is booting in.Colours look terribly washed and ive tried every config available with the tv and the console but it looks incredibly washed making bright colorful games like Fenyx Rising horrible to look at and play.

Tried switching from PC mode back to Game Console mode ,different color bits and from PC range to standard in Xbox settings ,Hdmi black level from low to high and all HDMI ultra deep color and instant response is turned on too, and i have tried all Hdmi ports too,but no matter what its lost that wow picture quality factor and im snookered why this is.
Try a factory reset

garyrh

Standard Member
Hi
Just wondering if you can replace the Oled C9 remote with a new one with the live zoom feature on, will this work, I know the remote that came with the C9 originally had no live zoom feature, appreciate the response before I buy one.

gary

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
Hi
Just wondering if you can replace the Oled C9 remote with a new one with the live zoom feature on, will this work, I know the remote that came with the C9 originally had no live zoom feature, appreciate the response before I buy one.

gary
Some features might work on the remote but live zoom will be software based that your tv won't have so I imagine it won't work

garyrh

Standard Member
Some features might work on the remote but live zoom will be software based that your tv won't have so I imagine it won't work
Thanks
wonder if LG will download a soft wear upgrade then some time in the future, as my old C8 had this feature on, but obviously not on the C9 for some reason.

gary

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
Thanks
wonder if LG will download a soft wear upgrade then some time in the future, as my old C8 had this feature on, but obviously not on the C9 for some reason.

gary
Probably not a feature used that much I should imagine, the tv has been out for nearly 2 years now, I can't imagine they will release an update to add this feature now

Joe C

Really jumping through hoops to get this TV fixed. Went through everything with LG, photos, videos, app on my phone so they could see what was going on etc.

Eventually they ring on Saturday to say the repair has been approved.

Today the repair company call and ask for photos, videos etc of the issue! Surely they would have this if LG authorised the repair?

10 days in and still no clue when it’ll be done - all the repair company have said is they’ll get back to me when they know what parts to order and when they’ll be in

Ironpig

Standard Member
Evening all,

I recently asked for some advice here with regards to a faulty panel, Thank you. I have since been in contact with John Lewis who then swiftly passed the Buck on to LG, and for me to deal direct. I have now been backwards and forwards with LG trying to get things sorted, they seem to find it hard to see a fault.

I would just like to know from other owners experience of having to go down the warranty route if this is the norm.
I will attach the pics I've sent over to them, admittedly it is hard to see the fault in most of the content but anything coming from black to grey its obviously there. I have been asked to take pictures of it in a well lit room, which doesn't really show the fault.

Thanks

Attachments

• C9 Fault.jpg
    C9 Fault.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 62
  • C9Yellow.jpg
    C9Yellow.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 53
  • C9 Light grey.jpg
    C9 Light grey.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 52
  • C9 T.jpg
    C9 T.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 54

Joe C

Tbf, I’m not sure what I’m looking at for a fault there

Ironpig

Standard Member
Tbf, I’m not sure what I’m looking at for a fault there
That's interesting, I am getting a line on the right hand side of the screen, about a third of the way in, anything on the right of the line is darker. I don't think my camera does it justice, its a lot more visible with the naked eye.

It was great timing with your post, seems like the answer I wasn't wanting with regards to LG dragging things out.

Joe C

That's interesting, I am getting a line on the right hand side of the screen, about a third of the way in, anything on the right of the line is darker. I don't think my camera does it justice, its a lot more visible with the naked eye.

It was great timing with your post, seems like the answer I wasn't wanting with regards to LG dragging things out.
I’ve got a line on the right too -couple of inches in, and everything to the right of it is a flickering mess

Attachments

• 0819A8BD-D632-4DC6-A484-544254A5FB14.jpeg
    0819A8BD-D632-4DC6-A484-544254A5FB14.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 5F17513E-C4B9-47BF-9742-E560169224C1.jpeg
    5F17513E-C4B9-47BF-9742-E560169224C1.jpeg
    576.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 278597AF-A1CD-4B4C-B4F5-0C079E13CF8C.jpeg
    278597AF-A1CD-4B4C-B4F5-0C079E13CF8C.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 38
  • C29AC55C-5D2C-485E-8E67-452FCC3D4CA4.jpeg
    C29AC55C-5D2C-485E-8E67-452FCC3D4CA4.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 54

Ironpig

Standard Member
I’ve got a line on the right too -couple of inches in, and everything to the right of it is a flickering mess
I can definitely see a fault there with that panel. frustratingly my fault its pretty hard to see with my camera, anything past the red arrows is a different shade in dark scenes. LG will probably have to send someone out to see it on mine.

Attachments

• InkedC9 Light grey edit.jpg
    InkedC9 Light grey edit.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 57

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Paradigm launches Founder speaker series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 3rd March 2021