LG OLED C9 Owners and Discussion Thread

-Spike-

Hi all,

I’m thinking of setting up my C9, Xbox Series X and Denon amp with eARC. Anyone who has this setup get any problems and is it straightforward to setup?

I also wondered if it’s still possible to still get Atmos?

Thanks for any replies

ScottW75

Hi all,

I’m thinking of setting up my C9, Xbox Series X and Denon amp with eARC. Anyone who has this setup get any problems and is it straightforward to setup?

Thanks for any replies

I‘ve connected a series x to my c9 to a yamaha 3080 amp using earc and get atmos. You have to enable passthrough in the earc settings though.

-Spike-

I‘ve connected a series x to my c9 to a yamaha 3080 amp using earc and get atmos. You have to enable passthrough in the earc settings though.
Thanks for the reply. Any issues at all?

damo09

Is there any way to set the TV to return to a certain hdmi,

So if I finish playing ps5 and turn the TV off. When I turn it back on it will go to say sky q?

jamiem1987

Novice Member
Hi all - got my C9 connected via optical to my oldish Denon 5.1 av amp, all works perfectly apart from 2 scenarios, can someone help or confirm if they have seen the same?

1. If i set the audio output options to “auto” in the tv menu all my devices relay through the tv and output to dolby digital with my amp. All good until I got my ps 5 yesterday and there is a sync issue i didn’t notice previously with my older ps4 pro, never the less it appears it’s eliminated if i change the ps5 to output DTS rather than dolby. However the issue in this setup is the DTS sound track is not played in full multichannel via the amp. The denon reports its getting 5.1 in but only the 2 front left and right speakers. Dolby digital works fine on the playstation 5 but has a small annoying lip sync issue which i can’t sort with the adjustment option. Sky Q dolby works perfectly also in this mode.
2. After experimenting I changed the output mode on the c9 from “auto” to “pass through” and immediately everything works perfect, all channels work in DTS via the ps5 now and away we go. Until after about an hour watching Sky Q the sound started to break up and all went stuttery, i’ve never noticed this before and a quick power off of the Q box sorted it for a few more minutes (say half hour) until the same started happening again. Switching away from pass through back to “auto” removes the problem, but i’m then left with the no multichannel in DTS mode on the ps5. Very frustrating!!

Has anyone else encountered the same? There has to be a software glitch of some description as the tv is the culprit. My current workaround is to use the sky q with the LG C9 audio option set to “auto” and when i switch to the ps5 i change the same mode to “pass through” but this is a bit of a faff.

Kind regards

Haniyyah

Does anybody know if there is a bug with the secret HDMI menu on the C9 not reporting 10bit colour On a PC. No matter what settings I use in the Nvidia CP, [email protected] I only see 8 bit being reported In the secret menu when in games.

choirboy

Ever since the firmware update when switching on the TV it shows no signal on freesat. You have to change channels and then it's fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

Also I'm finding that quick access doesn't work properly. If I assign Freesat to 1 and Freeview to 2 (because LG stupidly doesn't give you a button to switch between the two quickly) it works for a couple days. Then for some reason it clears and doesn't work. I then have to manually reassign them again.

Anyone else having this issue?

chrismuk

Hi all,

Thanks for any replies

I use that setup, Series X -> LG C9 -> Denon X2700 using eArc and it works fine, I get Dolby Atmos from games.

HappyGilmore007

Assigns creed valhalla is far too dark and I can not alter the brightness in the game due to HDR locking the in game brightness settings. I am running on xbox series x.

How do I disable HDR on the TV so I can alter the brightness in the game settings?

Bit like this post?

adbailey18

Assigns creed valhalla is far too dark and I can not alter the brightness in the game due to HDR locking the in game brightness settings. I am running on xbox series x.

How do I disable HDR on the TV so I can alter the brightness in the game settings?

Bit like this post?
Its xbox settings just untick allow hdr etc

KenB123

Standard Member
Just recently when I power up my LG OLED 65 C9, the ‘Home’ popup displays. It disappears after about 5-10 seconds. But over the past year of ownership, I never had this automatically popup on TV power-up. Is there a setting to not display this on TV power-up?

adbailey18

Just recently when I power up my LG OLED 65 C9, the ‘Home’ popup displays. It disappears after about 5-10 seconds. But over the past year of ownership, I never had this automatically popup on TV power-up. Is there a setting to not display this on TV power-up?
You can turn that off in the menu somewhere, I'm sure, but not at home to check

KenB123

Standard Member
adbailey18 said:

Got it. Thank you!

it is buried a bit:
Settings -> All Settings -> General -> Additional Settings -> Home Settings -> Home Auto Launch (Set to Off)

Whew!

Barney Gumble

Hi all - got my C9 connected via optical to my oldish Denon 5.1 av amp, all works perfectly apart from 2 scenarios, can someone help or confirm if they have seen the same?

1. If i set the audio output options to “auto” in the tv menu all my devices relay through the tv and output to dolby digital with my amp. All good until I got my ps 5 yesterday and there is a sync issue i didn’t notice previously with my older ps4 pro, never the less it appears it’s eliminated if i change the ps5 to output DTS rather than dolby. However the issue in this setup is the DTS sound track is not played in full multichannel via the amp. The denon reports its getting 5.1 in but only the 2 front left and right speakers. Dolby digital works fine on the playstation 5 but has a small annoying lip sync issue which i can’t sort with the adjustment option. Sky Q dolby works perfectly also in this mode.
2. After experimenting I changed the output mode on the c9 from “auto” to “pass through” and immediately everything works perfect, all channels work in DTS via the ps5 now and away we go. Until after about an hour watching Sky Q the sound started to break up and all went stuttery, i’ve never noticed this before and a quick power off of the Q box sorted it for a few more minutes (say half hour) until the same started happening again. Switching away from pass through back to “auto” removes the problem, but i’m then left with the no multichannel in DTS mode on the ps5. Very frustrating!!

Has anyone else encountered the same? There has to be a software glitch of some description as the tv is the culprit. My current workaround is to use the sky q with the LG C9 audio option set to “auto” and when i switch to the ps5 i change the same mode to “pass through” but this is a bit of a faff.

Kind regards

The TV may not be the culprit. It could be one of the other components or just a combination of them and/or settings.

Re Sky Q, is it hard wired or do you rely on WiFi?

If Sky Q is hard wired via Ethernet, try disabling WiFi in the engineers menu...

on the Sky remote, push the home button, scroll down to settings and highlight it but don't enter, push '0 0 1' and then select, down one option to network, toggle 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz off, confirm and exit.

Sky Q relying on WiFi is known to cause intermittent sound drops.

jamiem1987

Novice Member
The TV may not be the culprit. It could be one of the other components or just a combination of them and/or settings.

Re Sky Q, is it hard wired or do you rely on WiFi?

If Sky Q is hard wired via Ethernet, try disabling WiFi in the engineers menu...

on the Sky remote, push the home button, scroll down to settings and highlight it but don't enter, push '0 0 1' and then select, down one option to network, toggle 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz off, confirm and exit.

Sky Q relying on WiFi is known to cause intermittent sound drops.

I already have the wifi disabled on the Q box, and as I said in the post it works fine with the TV output set to auto, but then of course it causes the 2nd issue i mentioned of DTS only coming through the front left and right channels despite it showing DTS 5.1. I have dragged my old Sony amp in today and tried it and it's the same on that too.

I have emailed LG re. the DTS bug when using "Auto" which appears to re-encode everything, and I've emailed Denon today also to see if they can shed any light on the stuttering when the TV is set to pass through.

Thanks for the reply

cecemf

adbailey18 said:

Got it. Thank you!

it is buried a bit:
Settings -> All Settings -> General -> Additional Settings -> Home Settings -> Home Auto Launch (Set to Off)

Whew!

thank you so much, was annoying me too LOL

damo09

Hi all. I was having issues on my ps5 with judder. From another website they told me to put the ps5 in game mode and that looks like it has sorted it.

Do you guys play consoles using game mode ? I've always played on the same screen as I'd watch TV

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Hi all. I was having issues on my ps5 with judder. From another website they told me to put the ps5 in game mode and that looks like it has sorted it.

Do you guys play consoles using game mode ? I've always played on the same screen as I'd watch TV
Game mode is the only mode you should play console games in mate, cuts out all unnecessary lag from processing etc.
game mode hdr + ps5 = heaven :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

KEF announces KC62 subwoofer with new Uni-Core technology
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 20th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Netflix passes 200 million subscribers to end 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces soundBuds2 in-ear headphones
  • By Andy Bassett