LG OLED C9 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Surly they’d have to be pretty close? We’re detached and the tv is connected to the net via eathernet
Very strange as normally casting only works if two devices are on same network.

Very strange as normally casting only works if two devices are on same network.

It’s says to disable ‘listening mode’ under the screen share settings but it doesn’t have that option. Anyone got that option on theirs??

Sky q hdr supposedly coming in Wednesday HLG format hopefully they up the bitrates too otherwise I can't see it been brilliant hdr with a less than stellar quality of picture won't do it justice compared to Netflix and prime

Just ran into another problem.

Now all was fine until I just watched a film.

My virgin box is connected to av receiver and av reciever connected to tv.

When av receiver is OFF, when using hdmi port one I get sound through the tvs internal speaker.

When using hdmi port 2 I get no sound through tvs internal speaker.

All was fine before. Confused dot com.

Above problem solved. Turned off everything at the wall. Disconnected hdmi cable from tv. Left it all off for 5 mins. Reconnected cable and powered back on and everything is fine.

How strange.

A quick question. I am playing Metro:Exodus on Xbox One X. In the color space menu I have the options of SRGB, SRGB Limited, REC. 307. Also in the Xbox video menu should I select Standard or PC RGB in the menu? I'm trying to get the best color quality. Thanks

On xbox itself standard setting, in the game I am not sure, but guess SRGB...

This question has been asked but I couldn't find a reply, apologies if I missed it. I've looked for the AI Brightness feature on the 55 C9 but can't find it where it's supposed to be, nor anywhere else. Perhaps it's not available on the 55-inch... or something? Thanks!

This question has been asked but I couldn't find a reply, apologies if I missed it. I've looked for the AI Brightness feature on the 55 C9 but can't find it where it's supposed to be, nor anywhere else. Perhaps it's not available on the 55-inch... or something? Thanks!
On my 65", it's available under Picture Options on HDR Game mode content only, I think. It doesn't seem to be available under any other setting.

Yeah I’d change the WiFi password.

That won't help, I get the option to cast to my neighbour's TV whilst on my own Wi-Fi (and their TV isn't on my Wi-Fi). I believe you have to turn off the screen share options as it connects using Bluetooth.

That won't help, I get the option to cast to my neighbour's TV whilst on my own Wi-Fi (and their TV isn't on my Wi-Fi). I believe you have to turn off the screen share options as it connects using Bluetooth.
I'm amazed Bluetooth has that much range. I thought it was only something like 10m.

I'm amazed Bluetooth has that much range. I thought it was only something like 10m.

I was wrong, it uses Miracast, so probably a direct peer to peer connection to the TV using Wi-Fi. This explains the range and why you don't need to be on the same Wi-Fi network for it to work. Think of it as hdmi over Wi-Fi.

I was a bit concerned about this when it was first posted by @dogtown . So, if you (the LG TV owner) turn off screen sharing option, it won't be a problem?

I was a bit concerned about this when it was first posted by @dogtown . So, if you (the LG TV owner) turn off screen sharing option, it won't be a problem?

Correct, but the problem is that there doesn't appear to be an option to turn it off. Had a quick look on my C9 and don't see any obvious way of disabling it from what I can see.

Correct, but the problem is that there doesn't appear to be an option to turn it off. Had a quick look on my C9 and don't see any obvious way of disabling it from what I can see.
Now if this is true it will be a problem. I remember a while back somebody on here had their next door neighbours son would try and join their tv just to irritate them. There was nothing he could do to stop it as he was on bad terms with his neighbour. I cant imagine that popping up twenty times a day......would drive me mad.

hi all. Ive just taken my wall mpunt off the wall as my old led hang points were different from this one.
But how high is too high?

I'm also getting a sonos arc when there released and light be wall mounting that too.

hi all. Ive just taken my wall mpunt off the wall as my old led hang points were different from this one.
But how high is too high?

I'm also getting a sonos arc when there released and light be wall mounting that too.

The recommended height is for your eye level to be at the same height as the centre of the TV. Not always practical though.

Question regarding c9 77” and light strips.
I am looking to add some bias lighting to my setup. If I use LED light strips, Where do you attach them to the Tv? I am concerned about sticking them to the panel because heat dissipation is critical on OLEDs. If I attach the strips lower down on plastic housing the guts of the Tv, will the light surround the tv?
Thanks

I agree with anyone here that says that the LG C9 is an absolute stunner of a TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't a C9 issue per-se, but I was excited to get UHD Sky Movies when I got my TV. I download them but struggle to see the difference between UHD and normal HD films on Sky - what's the reason for that?

This isn't a C9 issue per-se, but I was excited to get UHD Sky Movies when I got my TV. I download them but struggle to see the difference between UHD and normal HD films on Sky - what's the reason for that?

That would be Sky compression software that they use & very low bitrate unfortunately.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom