LG OLED C9 4K Smart OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

Anyone had any Apple TV app crashes, watching ad Astra crashed out four times in the first hour so I gave up and used airplay 2 to finish the movie off. Hoping it was just a one off and not a turd of an app.

Anyone had any Apple TV app crashes, watching ad Astra crashed out four times in the first hour so I gave up and used airplay 2 to finish the movie off. Hoping it was just a one off and not a turd of an app.
I had 1 crash but didn’t watch the film all the way through. Hopefully be ironed out.

@c_jones64 Assuming you connected your blu-ray player to the internet during set-up, the reason the disc may not have played at the first time of asking could be due to the unit updating the firmware;).

I have the same Panasonic with my C9 hooked up to an Onkyo receiver and haven't experienced the issues you're having I'm afraid.

I notice that the real cinema option is greyed out on the Apple TV app. Is it playing back everything at 60hz?

I notice that the real cinema option is greyed out on the Apple TV app. Is it playing back everything at 60hz?
Its not greyed out when watch For All Man Kind which is 4k DV.
I use Cinema Home setting.

Interesting... I didnt try it with any Dolby vision stuff. Just tried to play back a few SDR titles

I have my suspicoins about the Apple TV app. I started playing back a film from my library and it was very juddery. In the settings there don’t appear to be any audio/video settings, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it is playing everything at 60hz.

Cinema/ cinema user
Do I leave AI picture on? Also is there a Netflix calibration mode, do I use it? Also is there an HDR tone mapping setting?

Thanks again.

Any takers on query 3419 ?
I didn’t have any problems setting up my sky remote. Is there not a way to do a factory reset on the remote and then try it again. If I remember it took a few of the codes until I got the correct one.

Do I leave AI picture on? Also is there a Netflix calibration mode, do I use it? Also is there an HDR tone mapping setting?

Thanks again.
Leave ai on what ever it's set out out the box per preset .
Neflix is the same ,sdr expert darkroom, DV cinema.
Tone mapping is up to your preference, I dont use it unless I'm watching HDR in the day time, bright environment.

Hi all
Getting my broken c8 65 swapped for a c9 65 :clap::clap:
Looking forward to the apple stuff on the c9 and especially hdmi 2.1 for when ps5 / xbox 2 is out.
:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Hi Parry mate
The c8 has a super duper blue tint down the left side of the panel that only appeared to worsen over time.
Very noticeable on lighter colour content to the point of distraction.

Hi Parry mate
The c8 has a super duper blue tint down the left side of the panel that only appeared to worsen over time.
Very noticeable on lighter colour content to the point of distraction.
Your very lucky they did not just replace the panel, there must be shortage of c8 panels at the min or some thing .

Do you have a c9 now mate? you did have a c8?
Yes I have the 65c9 and had a c7 before nit c8 .
I cannot fault this set in any way shape or form , from band free ,tint free , colour accurate picture out the box of 2.4dE ,780 nits on 10% window and to black handling it's just the perfect oled of my dreams lol .
And not to mention I went from 55c7 to 65c9 under currys warranty with £100 credit and then won £950 back on the 1 in 10 chance to win your money back competition at currys .

Last edited:
Yes I have the 65c9 and had a c7 before nit c8 .
I cannot fault this set in any way shape or form , from band free ,tint free , colour accurate picture out the box of 2.4dE ,780 nits on 10% window and to black handling it's just the perfect oled of my dreams lol .
Oled has come on so much simce the 930 days
Sounds awesome mate, Just having hdmi 2.1 will put my mind to rest for the next few years, I don't have to think about any upgrades now till maybe microled becomes available at a decent price :)

Just got my C9 last week and still not sure what SDR settings are best. I’m using technicolor expert but can’t decide between warm 1 and warm 2. Supposedly warm 1 in technicolor mode is an “alternative white balance” to better replicate their broadcast monitors, but it seems a bit green/blue (or dare I say, cyan) in comparison to warm 2. I like the default oled light setting of 25 since I watch in a dark room, but i can’t decide between the warm 1 or warm 2.
1st world problems!

Just got my C9 last week and still not sure what SDR settings are best. I’m using technicolor expert but can’t decide between warm 1 and warm 2. Supposedly warm 1 in technicolor mode is an “alternative white balance” to better replicate their broadcast monitors, but it seems a bit green/blue (or dare I say, cyan) in comparison to warm 2. I like the default oled light setting of 25 since I watch in a dark room, but i can’t decide between the warm 1 or warm 2.
1st world problems!
Technicour preset is pants on this years sets , its blue and your eyes are telling you so as your using warm2 which would be better .
Use expert darkroom it's almost as good as a pro calibration .
Oled 30 is about 100 nits and that is the lowest you should go fo really.
I pro calibrator would ame for 100-120 nits for dark room .

Technicour priests is pants on this years sets , its blue .
Use expert darkroom it's almost as good as a v calibration .
Oled 30 is about 100 nits and that is the lowest you should go fo really.
I pro calibrator would ame for 100-120 nits for dark room .
Thanks for the quick reply, Parry. I’ve Now got it in isf (dark room), oled light 30 with 2.4 gamma. Looks ace! Time to just enjoy watching stuff now.
Cheers.

How is C9 in bright rooms? I have a living room with big windows, and the windows are right behind me when i watch TV. So i think i might pick a Q85R from samsung, because of the reflection filter?. Or?

Last edited:
Anyone figure out how to toggle subs on/off on the Apple TV app. Went into settings and says it’s on but during films shows there seems to be no way to turn them on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom