Quantcast

LG OLED C9 Owners and Discussion Thread

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Doesn't the C9 have a built in pattern generator?

Parry

Distinguished Member
Doesn't the C9 have a built in pattern generator?
It has but I think that's now only when using calibration software .
On all previous models you could select white balance ire and then select internal or external and it would display the test patterns .

daveleebond

But surely not as high as with video data as well?

Anyway the cable is just an unbranded thin that I had laying around. Have tried loads of Atmos content and the bar recognises it.

DLxP

Just to double-check: am I right in thinking there's no way to get the C9's apps (Plex in particular) to output Dolby True HD/DTS HD MA?

KenVal

For pure picture quality in standard def or hd, not 4K, does the 55 provide the better image against larger screens?

arenaman

posts deleted, no arguing please, refer to forum rules

aoaaron

For pure picture quality in standard def or hd, not 4K, does the 55 provide the better image against larger screens?

Pixels per inch is better and dependant on viewing distance that could make a dramatic difference but given the seating is appropriate for each screen size, there wouldn’t be a difference.

If you are 1m away from the 77 inch beast then yeah, things aren’t going to look as good 1m from the 55

Parry

Distinguished Member
Depends on how far away your sitting .
Standard def doesn't look great on ether sets but will look better on a 55".
Hd looks great on both .

mjn

Distinguished Member
How the hell do you stop the TV from going to sleep after 2 hours?

I’ve disabled power save, but made no difference.

DT79

Just to double-check: am I right in thinking there's no way to get the C9's apps (Plex in particular) to output Dolby True HD/DTS HD MA?
You might be able to with HDMI eARC if you can find a suitable device to connect it to*, but if you’re using optical then DD/DTS is the best you’re going to get. HDMI ARC will also do DD+.

*Not sure if anyone’s been able to do that and confirm that the Plex app can do it.

DT79

The Amazon app on the C9 is driving me nuts. In addition to generally being flakey and making it unnecessarily hard to find the 4K versions of things, now I’ve completely lost the menu at the top So i can’t search for anything. I try to navigate up to get on to it, but i can’t get any further than the banner for whatever Richard Hammond’s new thing is.

Anyone else experiencing this?

supermackem

The Amazon app on the C9 is driving me nuts. In addition to generally being flakey and making it unnecessarily hard to find the 4K versions of things, now I’ve completely lost the menu at the top So i can’t search for anything. I try to navigate up to get on to it, but i can’t get any further than the banner for whatever Richard Hammond’s new thing is.

It’s had an update on mine since last week it’s changed in look but seems the same while in use.

Goonerdude

The recent Amazon app update on my E8 has made the whole experience very buggy some shows refuse to play while others get completely stuck in places with way to much buffering hopefully these issues will be fixed in another update.

mjn

Distinguished Member

DT79

It’s had an update on mine since last week it’s changed in look but seems the same while in use.
I’ll guess I’ll try deleting it and reinstalling it (again!)

Just Some Ugly

Yeah the app is utter crap. I've been messaging Amazon for the past 3 weeks about it. I suggest you do the same.

Today the app won't even play anything (see pic)

Attachments

DT79

Yeah the app is utter crap. I've been messaging Amazon for the past 3 weeks about it. I suggest you do the same.

Today the app won't even play anything (see pic)
I’ve never seen that, but nothing surprises me. Luckily I’ve got an ATV and whilst functionally it’s no better it does seem to be more stable than the one on the C9, so I have that as my backup.

sebna

Hi All,

I am getting C9 65" in next few days and I am wondering if any of you have at home and was able to compare C9's tone mapping to UB820 HDR Optimizer?

I know that in 8th series there as no contests with UB820 coming out on top but is it still the same with C9?

Let me know as I would love to save and get UB450 instead of UB820.

Thanks