LG OLED C8 TV owners and discussion

I'm in France and i never receive the fw from OTA i downloaded it from lg website on an usb stick

hi

I am in Belgium, I see the update on the website ..
no automatic update from the tv
don’t work when I download from the site for make the update with usb stick.

the usb stick need to be in ntfs or fat32 ?

Last edited:
hi

I am in Belgium, I see the update on the website ..
no automatic update from the tv
don’t work when I download from the site for make the update with usb stick.

the usb stick need to be in ntfs or fat32 ?
I updated now.
Usb stick formatted in fat32, and the update file put in a folder named LG_DTV.
Everything works like a charm.
5.30.02, downloaded from the Norwegian LG site.

Anyone got any recent experience with replacement panels? Got a number of dead pixels, plus extended warranty with D&G. Are engineers replacing or is that a complete no no?

Decided to take the plunge via USB as well. Below are the measurements taken on 5.20.03 right before updating.

calib.png

This calibration was done over a year ago and is still essentially perfect.

Measurements after updating to 05.30.02 were identical.

The take aways are: no need to worry about losing calibration moving between these two particular firmwares, and calibrations hold up very well over time on this set.

Anyone got any recent experience with replacement panels? Got a number of dead pixels, plus extended warranty with D&G. Are engineers replacing or is that a complete no no?

I had a panel replaced for what looked like one stuck pixel, could’ve been a few together, a few months back. Guy came out to the house and swapped the panel, took about 30 minutes.

I updated now.
Usb stick formatted in fat32, and the update file put in a folder named LG_DTV.
Everything works like a charm.
5.30.02, downloaded from the Norwegian LG site.

Please are you using homekit or Airplay 2 ?

If so, are you encoutering any issue ?

Measurements after updating to 05.30.02 were identical.

The take aways are: no need to worry about losing calibration moving between these two particular firmwares, and calibrations hold up very well over time on this set.

Many thanks for doing this.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but since installing 05.30.02 every time I turn on the C8 it will pop up the home menu, like if I pressed the home button on the remote... I find this very annoying, is it like that for everyone on 05.30.02?

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but since installing 05.30.02 every time I turn on the C8 it will pop up the home menu, like if I pressed the home button on the remote... I find this very annoying, is it like that for everyone on 05.30.02?
Yep same happened to me, you need to go into settings under general and select the home menu, it is set on as default, just switch them off

Oh so LG did add new settings to the menu, I don't think this has ever happened before with a FW update. Turned it off thanks...

Oh so LG did add new settings to the menu, I don't think this has ever happened before with a FW update. Turned it off thanks...
I hadn’t seen that before either, so assume it must be new or was set off as default before the firmware

back to my homekit "no response" problem: when i'm in my house anfd the tv is turned off, i see a "no response" message in homekit.

BUT if i ask Siri to turn on the tv, it works...

And after, in homekit, the tv appears on...

it's very strange

back to my homekit "no response" problem: when i'm in my house anfd the tv is turned off, i see a "no response" message in homekit.

BUT if i ask Siri to turn on the tv, it works...

And after, in homekit, the tv appears on...

it's very strange

I have multiple devices and see the “no response” message everyday. It comes and goes. I don’t know what causes it but the whole HomeKit/AirPlay system appears to be buggy as hell in this regard especially if you have multiple tvs with say multiple devices of the same attached to each e.g. Sky Q boxes and Apple TV4Ks. It renames them “DVD players” on the input for me!

I have multiple devices and see the “no response” message everyday. It comes and goes. I don’t know what causes it but the whole HomeKit/AirPlay system appears to be buggy as hell in this regard especially if you have multiple tvs with say multiple devices of the same attached to each e.g. Sky Q boxes and Apple TV4Ks. It renames them “DVD players” on the input for me!

I'm realy disappointed because Apple Homekit is presented as a secure, strong and reliable home automation protocol but since ios 14 i see new issues and stability problems

Disable Airtime Fairness on your router settings and you'll stop getting the No Response Messages. This fixed it for me permanently. Link below.

Source

For me I only get no response messages for 2 - 3 of my Hue devices.
I couldn't find Disable Airtime Fairness on my NetGear Orbi RBK50 Router, so I assume it doesn't have it.
The strange thing is that the Hue lights work when using the Hue app, yet the show as no response in Apple HomeKit. The Hue bulbs talk to the Hue hub via Zigbee so not sure why HomeKit shows them as non responsive. :s

I think the "no response" message is due to a homekit problem: even if i have a no response on my LG TV in homekit, if i ask Siri to turn it on, it works!!!! and my LG TV appears as on in homekit...

05.30.10 👍 🇷🇸Serbia🇷🇸

Because I’m now using LAN connection I can’t see is there any improvement with 5GHZ WiFi. Only I can confirm that problem with moving AirPlay app on Home Screen is still present.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom