LG OLED C8 TV owners and discussion

I've got a gig connection but my TV is running around 6meg, sometimes it goes as low as 250k! I can use lan which gives me a capped 94 meg. However it's still sluggish on Web pages so I've read I need to disable listening mode. However, when I googled it the option I need isn't available. Has anyone managed to sort theirs out?

Hmm, I've never heard of any "listening mode". Please can you tell us exactly where did you read you "need" to disable it (link)? I highly doubt it was related to this TV.

Has anyone managed to the the DAZN app installed on a C8? Did you have to change regions? I bought my C8 in Taiwan but I set the region to the UK so I could use the UK apps..of course I had to do some fancy DNS stuff to get them to work. I see that DAZN are launching in the UK soon so I wonder if it's on the UK app shop.

I would check myself but I am now in London because of Covid.

Has anyone managed to the the DAZN app installed on a C8? Did you have to change regions? I bought my C8 in Taiwan but I set the region to the UK so I could use the UK apps..of course I had to do some fancy DNS stuff to get them to work. I see that DAZN are launching in the UK soon so I wonder if it's on the UK app shop.

No, I’ve just checked the App Store and it is not there.

I have just been informed by DAZN that the app will be available to download on December 1st which is the launch date for their streaming service in the UK.

I got the pop up message about the replacement of the power board too.
If I don't get it replaced, is there any risk to other components, most notably the panel, if the power board does overheat or fail?

I got the pop up message about the replacement of the power board too.
If I don't get it replaced, is there any risk to other components, most notably the panel, if the power board does overheat or fail?

Only LG can answer that. Put it this way, I doubt they have gone down the unprecedented route of a recall and replacement of the PSU, worldwide at great cost, for fun.

It's related to power, and that could be related to safety; for that reason alone don't hesitate to take up the offer. IMHO it's another example of LG being a good company and doing the right thing!

Just tried the iplayer and ITV hub and it seems the issue is presented on all the catch up services too. Someone on the forum suggested it be a H264 deciding issue.
I’ve forwarded this forage to LG along with the other details they’ve asked for. I had forgotten that the power lead is fixed, so as LG wanted a pic of the rear to show Serial number, I now need to replaster the wall where the lead was buried 🤬

Final update:
Peterborough Video Services arrived today on behalf of Richer Sounds and replaced the main board.
That fixed it 😉

LG called me to sort, they don't seem in any rush. Mines a pain as it's wall-mounted and they said it's not straight forward with social distancing.
Said they'd come back to me after lockdown at some point to sort it.
They clearly need to do it but I don't think its a major panic

No alert on my C8 65" for the replacement power board yet.
I hope mine doesn't need it.

It didn't affect the 55" or 65" models in the 2018 model-year range, so you're very unlikely to get any alerts.

Last edited:
Anyone know if we’re still getting Airplay for the C8, it’s almost the end of the year.....

There's been no announcement that LG are reversing their promise. (Indeed, there would probably be uproar by the American users if they did). So assume yes, of course we are.

I certainly wouldn't worry about it unless we get to the end of the year, or the end of Jan, and it hasn't happened - after you remember we're also in the middle of a global pandemic and all sorts of dates can slip for all sorts of reasons.

I had the Power Board replacement notification pop up today. Does anyone know if I need to be worried about losing my pro calibrated settings when this is done. I'm guessing not but thought I would ask. Cheers.

I had the Power Board replacement notification pop up today. Does anyone know if I need to be worried about losing my pro calibrated settings when this is done. I'm guessing not but thought I would ask. Cheers.
I had it too
I wouldn't of bothered but am thinking I will, as the set has switched itself off and back on 2 or 3 times.
Does anyone know if they just turn up and do it in your home or take it away?

What’s with all these power board posts all of a sudden, is there an issue?

I haven’t had a pop up message, but my C8 does occasionally turn itself off and on again. Am I in for trouble?

Does anyone know if they just turn up and do it in your home or take it away?

I would just phone the dedicated helpline for this issue (see beardy's link) and ask them. Oh and then please tell us :)

Calibrations - if it's just the power board, and if there's no requirement to do drastic things like factory resets (and I can't for the life of my fathom why there would be), then any calibration should remain.

I would just phone the dedicated helpline for this issue (see beardy's link) and ask them. Oh and then please tell us :)

Calibrations - if it's just the power board, and if there's no requirement to do drastic things like factory resets (and I can't for the life of my fathom why there would be), then any calibration should remain.
I booked one online for a couple of weeks, so let's see. They'll call first...?

I booked one online for a couple of weeks, so let's see. They'll call first...?

Dunno. I meant that there is a helpline on that website for any and all questions related to the issue. ;)

Dunno. I meant that there is a helpline on that website for any and all questions related to the issue. ;)
Yes, it was a rhetorical ...?
They're hardly likely to just front up!

Oh and tried using Chrome on PC with LG site and it's a pig. You may find yourself stuck on a captcha respooling like a mobius strip of doom. Had to use firefox.

Eeek better see if mine needs it replacing!

They do it in the home - that's what they told me. I just need to get it off the wall prior to arrival

If mine is a OLED65C8PLA bought August 2018, it is not in the list on link from above?
Only the G8 is for 65".

If mine is a OLED65C8PLA bought August 2018, it is not in the list on link from above?
Only the G8 is for 65".
I have the same TV, it’s not on the list, presumably fine then.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom